Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #91
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: My Gripe with Tyson Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Just when you thought Tyson was regaining his form and actually started to play well he got owned in 3 straight games. Accidentally,we lost two of them.

L vs Bulls:
Joakim Noah - 15/12/6
Tyson Chandler - 5/8

W vs Wolves:
Nikola Peković - 21/17
Tyson Chandler - 16/9

L vs Lakers:
Dwight Howard - 14/12
Tyson Chandler - 6/9

AVERAGE:
His matchup: 16.7 / 13.7
Tyson: 9 / 8.7

Isnt it possible that playing small hurts Tyson a lot? Is it possible that when other teams are larger or have good rebounders on the team it effects Tyson? Like I've said before 1 guy against a teams frontcourt is tough. So it doesnt absolve him from not being better but I can understand.

Chicago game
Hinrich 9 reb Kidd 6 reb
Noah 12 reb Felt 6 reb
Deng 13 reb Smith 10 reb
Booze 7 reb Melo 3 reb

Minny game
Pek 17 reb kidd 9 reb
Cunning 10 reb Melo 9 reb

Laker game
Dhoward 12 reb Kidd 6 reb
Gasol 8 reb Melo 7 reb
MWP 7 reb

Give Chandler a legit PF he would look better. Melo ave 6 Jr smith 5.
Take the good with the bad with Melo at the 4. Most teams bring in a grunt rebounder when needed the Knicks bring in a shooter. There are obviously other factors as well.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #92
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Isnt it possible that playing small hurts Tyson a lot? Is it possible that when other teams are larger or have good rebounders on the team it effects Tyson? Like I've said before 1 guy against a teams frontcourt is tough. So it doesnt absolve him from not being better but I can understand.

Chicago game
Hinrich 9 reb Kidd 6 reb
Noah 12 reb Felt 6 reb
Deng 13 reb Smith 10 reb
Booze 7 reb Melo 3 reb

Minny game
Pek 17 reb kidd 9 reb
Cunning 10 reb Melo 9 reb

Laker game
Dhoward 12 reb Kidd 6 reb
Gasol 8 reb Melo 7 reb
MWP 7 reb

Give Chandler a legit PF he would look better. Melo ave 6 Jr smith 5.
Take the good with the bad with Melo at the 4. Most teams bring in a grunt rebounder when needed the Knicks bring in a shooter. There are obviously other factors as well.
Sorry Rameek. The man has only avg double digit rebounds in 3 out of 11 seasons. Furthermore, a lot of his rebounds are those taps which count as offensve rebounds. In Dallas he played with Dirk (a 7 footer) and Marion (one of the best rebounding SF of all time) and still couldnt rack double digit rebounds. He's 7'1" and athletic. He should be snatching down at least 12 a game. Vucevic plays wit a small lineup and outrebounds Chandler. I'm sorry but a 7'1" "defensive guru" shouldn't be 20th in the league in defensive rebounding. Kevin Durant gets more drpg than Chandler.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #93
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Sorry Rameek. The man has only avg double digit rebounds in 3 out of 11 seasons. Furthermore, a lot of his rebounds are those taps which count as offensve rebounds. In Dallas he played with Dirk (a 7 footer) and Marion (one of the best rebounding SF of all time) and still couldnt rack double digit rebounds. He's 7'1" and athletic. He should be snatching down at least 12 a game. Vucevic plays wit a small lineup and outrebounds Chandler. I'm sorry but a 7'1" "defensive guru" shouldn't be 20th in the league in defensive rebounding. Kevin Durant gets more drpg than Chandler.
At least hide the hate a little bit.

Speaking of defensive rebounds, some of the best known rebounders in the game get the same amount.

Noah, Zbo and Big Al get about the same and their teams play at a much higher pace so there are MORE rebounds to get.

So now that he has averaged double digit boards as a Knick, now we have to criticize the break down of how he gets them?

Who cares fam, seriously?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #94
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Franchise please read my post again. You've missed the point! One guy cannot out rebound 2 or 3!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #95
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tyson had 11 defensive boards today, I'd assess that to getting a few from the PF who only averages 6 boards total.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #96
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Tyson had 11 defensive boards today, I'd assess that to getting a few from the PF who only averages 6 boards total.
Detroit is a finesse team.

I won't say it again I'll leave it alone.

I can't complain this guy don't grab more rebounds or defense better without help. The Knicks will always get rebounded no matter what any of you say playing small with no bruisers!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #97
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You mean the one playing out of position?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #98
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Franchise please read my post again. You've missed the point! One guy cannot out rebound 2 or 3!
You ma it seem liek he's out there battling and everyone else is standing around. He doesnt box out. All he wants to do is tap the ball.

Quote:
So now that he has averaged double digit boards as a Knick, now we have to criticize the break down of how he gets them?

Who cares fam, seriously?

I do. I care much more about defensive rebounding than offensive rebounding. Besides, the offensive rebounds come mostly from put backs in which Chandler's man left him wide open to help out.

Either way, as long as Chandler is giving us 11-12 a game, I'm good. But Im not gonna lie to myself and say I'm satisfied with Chandler's play just because he's a crowd favorite. I'm sorry. When he plays well, I give him his props. When he stinks it up, I call it like I see it. I don't get why it's ok to do it for Melo and Amare but when it comes to everyone else it's like Their off limits.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #99
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
You mean the one playing out of position?
What difference does that make, quite a few players up their games playing out of position.

JJ Hickson immediately comes to mind.

But anyways it seems the complaint will be there even when the player has met YOUR requirements.

Tyson is currently averaging 11 boards and he gets a block, and still complete well over 60% of his attempts.

And this done in a whopping 32 minutes a game vs other centers that play more minutes.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #100
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
What difference does that make, quite a few players up their games playing out of position.

JJ Hickson immediately comes to mind.

But anyways it seems the complaint will be there even when the player has met YOUR requirements.

Tyson is currently averaging 11 boards and he gets a block, and still complete well over 60% of his attempts.

And this done in a whopping 32 minutes a game vs other centers that play more minutes.

I complain when he plays poorly. I'm give it up to him when he plays well. I didnt see last night's game so I did neither. Forgive me for being consistent. And forgive me for how I'm about to slay Jason Kidd *you've been forewarned. Stay tuned lol*
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #101
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I complain when he plays poorly. I'm give it up to him when he plays well. I didnt see last night's game so I did neither. Forgive me for being consistent. And forgive me for how I'm about to slay Jason Kidd *you've been forewarned. Stay tuned lol*
Then you shouldn't have an issue with me getting on Melo.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #102
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only in NY your stars are always blamed for something while the role players are protected like an endangered species.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #103
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Then you shouldn't have an issue with me getting on Melo.
I don't! I have an issue with you saying he needed to take a leave of absence and you acting like he was a cancer to the team because he had 2 bad games. The same game you got on him, I got on him too.

Quote:
Only in NY your stars are always blamed for something while the role players are protected like an endangered species.
Repped! lol
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #104
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
That happens all over the NBA.

leBron was getting killed prior to winning, Dirk was called a choker.

Kobe is getting murdered out there in LA as is Dwight.

It just seems that NY fans get to a point of being so thirsty that their eyes are jaded.

Which is why i rarely participate in game threads, the suicide watch folks get on is ridiculous.

Who's protecting them, I personally dont put wins or losses on role players.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #105
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
This is ridiculous. Every player has their feet to the fire.

1st I will say this I blame the GM for putting crap on the floor like these KRUST! (Which if I recall the only 2 people that I can recall right now saying that was myself and Franchise.)

2nd I dont blame Krust for being Krusty. But I will not stand for peoole/announcers feeding me BS about Kidd being the reason or a major contributor to wins or he's better than Felton. Wins and loses are attached to Wallace. Anything outside of them playing 20 minutes is the coaches fault.

3rd I will blame Melo when need be but I havent killed him this season outside of that stupid crap of the diet. I've actually defended him. Melo for me has changed his game to the point where he staarted the season as superstar and elite player in my eyes. But the past month due to the deficiencies of the roster around him he is reverting back to some of his old ways. He isnt playing the PF well IMHO the only advantage is on the offensive end most nights.

4th I will defend Felton (shooting too early in the shot clock not good, sacrificing defense for his offense not good, trying to do more than what his game is, but he had 2 injured hands and still gave effort.)
I will defend Tyson to a certain point. He isnt a hustle player which he should be but that was part of the reason he was always injured in the beginning of his career. Dont blame him for his poor defense or rebounding but dont hold the coach and other players for those same failings. Not 1 other team in this league that I can think of has a single rebounding/defending post player.

With all that said management, coach, star player should get the brunt of all glory and backlash.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: