Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default "Storage Wars" is doomed?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/12...hester-charges

Dave "YEEEEEPP!" Hester was recently fired from A&E's very popular storage auction show "Storage Wars" for complaining that the show is rigged. Now Hester sued them back.

Those bunches of Elvis Presley newspaper were ones that make me hooked to the show, but, according to Hester who was the one who bought the locker, they were planted, among others.

Well, it is not that surprised if what Hester claimed is true. But the show might be in trouble since it will lose a lot of creditability and arguably the biggest draw among the show's buyers.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Storage Wars" is doomed?

I can attest that the show is rigged on a certain level. A friend of mine had a WWII fighter plane auxiliary fuel drop tank borrowed from his storage unit and placed in one being "bid on" for the show. I'm not sure how much the bidders know about what's being put in the storage units but the production company has a pretty good idea since they spice things up.

What happens in the case of the drop tank, the show bought it, put it in the locker then the person who is awarded the bid must sell it back to the original owner for less than the production company originally payed. My buddy made a modest profit, the bidder makes a modest profit the show goes on

Last edited by daily : 12-12-2012 at 12:39 PM.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

People been saying this show was rigged for years.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation

I'd be surprised if anyone that has watched this show more than a handful of times didn't realize it was staged. Hester isn't really telling anyone anything they didn't already know.

My ten year old watches it all the time and when I asked him last night if he knew parts of it were staged he responded, "Duh dad, they wouldn't last a month if they just had boring old mattresses and dressers every show."

Found parts of Hester's lawsuit funny. He claimed that the network gave a female cast member (I'm assuming Brandi) plastic surgery to enhance the sex appeal of the show.http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...g-report-says/
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, some of lockers don't seem to be rigged like ones with miscellaneous small but valuable items or industrial units. But those would make rigging processes a lot easier.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Found parts of Hester's lawsuit funny. He claimed that the network gave a female cast member (I'm assuming Brandi) plastic surgery to enhance the sex appeal of the show

I noticed the Growth, and it was obviously Brandi...

I enjoyed this show... this news ruined it for me though.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My little brother used to be really hooked on this show. There was even a point where he decided that's what he wanted to do for a living. Then I broke the news about the show being set-up. He hasn't been the same since. Reminded me of the time when I was in first grade out to eat at Olga's in the mall when my dad told me WWF wasn't really authentic. Rough day, that day.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know why people find it surprising. It's a reality show that isn't really reality

Brandis boobs tho
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That doesn't surprise me one bit, although I think he may just be sour since his "business" hasn't been nearly as profitable since this whole buying storage lockers has become popular. Everytime I watch the show now he never ends up buying a locker.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
That doesn't surprise me one bit, although I think he may just be sour since his "business" hasn't been nearly as profitable since this whole buying storage lockers has become popular. Everytime I watch the show now he never ends up buying a locker.
Because he's a little b*tch who antagonized everyone else and now he's salty.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #11
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

WTF is he complaining for, if you believe the tallies at the end of the show he has made more money than everyone else on that show combined.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
My little brother used to be really hooked on this show. There was even a point where he decided that's what he wanted to do for a living. Then I broke the news about the show being set-up. He hasn't been the same since. Reminded me of the time when I was in first grade out to eat at Olga's in the mall when my dad told me WWF wasn't really authentic. Rough day, that day.

TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Brandis boobs tho
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I thought it was well known that it's fake. I mean the fake drama and all that stuff makes it obvious.

Still entertaining though, I was hooked this past summer. I haven't watched recently though.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #15
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's silly that people think it would be real. I mean really, how lucky can these people get finding most valuable stuff all the time lol. I still enjoy watching it though.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: