Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #16
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation
Default Re: "Storage Wars" is doomed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika

Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriatric
I'd be surprised if anyone that has watched this show more than a handful of times didn't realize it was staged. Hester isn't really telling anyone anything they didn't already know.

My ten year old watches it all the time and when I asked him last night if he knew parts of it were staged he responded, "Duh dad, they wouldn't last a month if they just had boring old mattresses and dressers every show."

Found parts of Hester's lawsuit funny. He claimed that the network gave a female cast member (I'm assuming Brandi) plastic surgery to enhance the sex appeal of the show.http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...g-report-says/

I read the article and saw no mention of him claiming some one had plastic surgery?
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #18
bergs14
J-Weezy

bergs14 is considered somewhat coolbergs14 is considered somewhat cool

What about Pawn stars? I love that shit. I reckon it'd be staged to a certain degree... But the show I actually cringe at, which is just so terrible and got me stuffed how they even got a gig on tv - Barter Kings. What a joke. They start off with a toaster and end up with a mustang. What a crock

End rant.
bergs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #19
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought it was fairly well known that it was rigged. Always thought Hester was a giant douche and that the show would be much better off without him back when I used to watch.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
I read the article and saw no mention of him claiming some one had plastic surgery?

From the 5th paragraph,

"In one part of Hesterís suit, he goes so far as to say the network paid for one female cast memberís plastic surgery to increase her sex appeal and make her more appealing to viewers."
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

i always knew this show was fake. one group of people can't consistently strike gold like they did. but its so easy for them to fake that i figure. same with all of the pawn shop shows but i guess they don't pretend to be real.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #22
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergs14
What about Pawn stars? I love that shit. I reckon it'd be staged to a certain degree... But the show I actually cringe at, which is just so terrible and got me stuffed how they even got a gig on tv - Barter Kings. What a joke. They start off with a toaster and end up with a mustang. What a crock

End rant.

Pawn stars i wouldn't be surprised if they stage the negotiation and already have set prices (which may be higher then stated), it's also set up and most of the people aren't just walking in off the street they've already been contacted about the sale. They do get the items though because you can buy the stuff from their store and call up and see if they still have things around. Call and ask them if they have battletoads.

Storage wars is no big surprise, the shows also dodgy in the fact that they go through a whole locker giving random valuations for most of the items then say "oh this lockers 5 grand all day". I call bs on their valuations. One part I don't get though is if the auction is public, and a random non show person wins (happens occasionally) do they then get to keep the planted items or do they make the plant after the sale? Someone above claimed a friends item was planted under agreement the winner would return it, what if the public won it?

Last edited by outbreak : 12-13-2012 at 06:36 PM.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hardcore Pawn & the storage one on TruTV >>> anyways. And of course its rigged, I've been to one of those auctions before, and you'd be lucky to find anything even a 1/4 of what the average locker is on the show.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #24
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Holy, Mark Balelo, the "Rico Suave" buyer seen in this show, died of CO poisoning. It looks like a suicide since he was just released from jail after a drug arrest.

He is the guy who bought a storage locker that contain a stolen Action Comics #1 that was belong to Nicolas Cage. It was later returned to the owner and then fetched $2 millions from an auction.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #25
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Holy, Mark Balelo, the "Rico Suave" buyer seen in this show, died of CO poisoning. It looks like a suicide since he was just released from jail after a drug arrest.

He is the guy who bought a storage locker that contain a stolen Action Comics #1 that was belong to Nicolas Cage. It was later returned to the owner and then fetched $2 millions from an auction.

I just remember him from this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #26
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I just remember him from this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps
It looks more like he got wrong information, maybe from the show itself, so he would get embarrassed by Daryll.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Daryll Sheets and the auctioneer couple Dan and Laura Dotson are officially dropped from the show following Dave Hester, who was gone because of the lawsuit against the show of being fake. The producer could still find others to replace them easily and cheaply though.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #28
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Daryll Sheets and the auctioneer couple Dan and Laura Dotson are officially dropped from the show following Dave Hester, who was gone because of the lawsuit against the show of being fake. The producer could still find others to replace them easily and cheaply though.

I think for the next season they should take the name literally and after you buy the locker they should store a couple of guys in the locker who jump out an attack the buyer. The more valuables, the more guys.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
I think for the next season they should take the name literally and after you buy the locker they should store a couple of guys in the locker who jump out an attack the buyer. The more valuables, the more guys.
They don't have to. They still have Barry Weiss on a contract.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #30
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A&E is so stupid. Hester was entertaining and this is what this show is, entertainment. I've dabbled with purchasing storage lockers and it's not how it seems on the show, however the show has caused more people to go out to storage auctions and spend way more money than what they are worth.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: