Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default Kevin Love Not Happy With Timberwolves

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ke...200009299.html

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.
"That's a tough pill to swallow."

He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn't happen the way Love insisted it did.
"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."

"You walk into the locker room every year, and it's completely turned over," Love says. "There's new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a plan?"

"I have a very, very good memory, and I always remember the people who have done right by me, and the people who have done wrong by me," he says. "It will be embedded in my brain, and something I won't forget about. There's no telling what will happen. I would love to compete for a championship in Minnesota, but "
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
STATUTORY
Banned

STATUTORY has decent reputation
Default Re: Kevin Love Not Happy With Timberwolves

gasol for Love

they get Team Spain
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
dannywpt
Analyst and therapist

dannywpt is a pretty well-respected posterdannywpt is a pretty well-respected posterdannywpt is a pretty well-respected poster

Their owner is being a dick.

And Kevin Love is being a dick.
dannywpt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kevin Love seems to have a relatively solid head on his shoulders. I can't recall the last controversial thing I heard him discuss (maybe USA playing time) but there's something about the way he presents his points that makes them sound legit, logically sound, and well thought out, as opposed to being someone just popping off at the mouth. Pretty interesting thoughts from Love throughout the entire article, even if they're not all squarely on the mark.

Also, the line about Glen Taylor saying Love was not a star because he hadn't led the Wolves to the playoffs... if that line's legit, what a misguided thing for an owner to say.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
gasol for Love

they get Team Spain
I still don't understand why people think Gasol is so tradeable. He's 32 years old, has bad knees, and would be on the books for $19M next season. I don't know how this stuff works, but either the Lakers would have to agree to eat a big chunk of his salary, or hope a really stupid GM comes along. If not, then Gasol has very little trade value this season. Next season, with an expiring contract, sure, but not this year.

Anyway, back on topic. I feel bad for Love. He's fun to watch and I think the Grizzlies are fun to watch, but he's right....there really doesn't seem to be a plan in place. It's seemingly just a bunch of random fairly talented players thrown together in hopes they can figure it out and make the playoffs.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has not been impressing people

i read this the other day. i had assumed this was already talked about, guess not.

Love gets so little respect probably because he's not that flashy altho i can sort of get being reluctant to build your entire franchise around him. beggars can't be choosers tho.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

He should wait until the Wolves get Rubio back.

Not like the Wolves aren't taking chances to push the franchise forward.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A team who pays Kevin Love a max contract will never win a championship.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love
"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.
If he's going to lead the team he has to realize that this statement throws teammates under the bus and in turn alienates them.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

stallion on suicide watch
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #11
madmax17
Decent playground baller

madmax17 has an OK reputation so far

Offical T-wolves offer is Pekovic and someone else for Gasol.
madmax17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Love has a point about the constant turnover on that team.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

NattyPButter has decent reputation

Anderson Varejao for Love would nice.
NattyPButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Kevin Love seems to have a relatively solid head on his shoulders. I can't recall the last controversial thing I heard him discuss (maybe USA playing time) but there's something about the way he presents his points that makes them sound legit, logically sound, and well thought out, as opposed to being someone just popping off at the mouth. Pretty interesting thoughts from Love throughout the entire article, even if they're not all squarely on the mark.

Also, the line about Glen Taylor saying Love was not a star because he hadn't led the Wolves to the playoffs... if that line's legit, what a misguided thing for an owner to say.

Eh? Always seems Love is complaining to media about something.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

And then there is this...

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Abundantly clear talking w/ @kevinlove: Feels deeply connected to Wolves fan-base, loves Minny as sports town. He wants badly to win THERE.

Woj is a fine writer but he has a vendetta against Kahn when they sort of got into it years ago when Al Jefferson was being rumored to being traded for Danny Granger.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: