Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Love Not Happy With Timberwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If he's going to lead the team he has to realize that this statement throws teammates under the bus and in turn alienates them.
Not really...that statement is representing the past and almost all the players in the past are gone.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
Pursuer
High School Varsity 12th Man

Pursuer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
A team who pays Kevin Love a max contract will never win a championship.

Heard something like that with another white tall shooter before.
Pursuer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

3 team trade:

Pau+Marshon Brooks+Earl Clark+D.Morris to Twolves
Klove+Barea or Ridnour+Mirza Teletovic to Lakers
MWP+DJO to Nets
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #19
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Pau Gasol for Kevin Love

GET IT DONE MITCH
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuer
Heard something like that with another white tall shooter before.

Pretty sure Dirk took less than max so the Mavs could add depth. Also, understand that the luxury tax penalty is different now. Teams are not going to fly over the cap to win titles anymore. Certainly not teams like the T-Wolves.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Both guys are much more than just shooters, also.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
bob
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bob has an OK reputation so far

Isn't their plan to be only all white NBA team? Kevin Love must obviously be color blind.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This guy is the star the Minny owner is thinking about.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #24
LexiKhan
I brick open layups

LexiKhan has an OK reputation so far

It's pretty much a ritual for him, every year he questions the direction of the team while positioning himself as sort of too good for the organization and worthy of better treatment.

Anyway if by 2015 the timberwolves can't still make the playoffs at least two years in a row might as well go again into rebuilding mode since the team isn't really making any waves with Love as the Centerpiece.
LexiKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #25
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lets keep it real here....do we all see Kevin Love being with this team a year or two from now?

I most certainly do not. TOO much talk coming from both sides...its sour.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Kevin Love seems to have a relatively solid head on his shoulders. I can't recall the last controversial thing I heard him discuss (maybe USA playing time) but there's something about the way he presents his points that makes them sound legit, logically sound, and well thought out, as opposed to being someone just popping off at the mouth. Pretty interesting thoughts from Love throughout the entire article, even if they're not all squarely on the mark.

Also, the line about Glen Taylor saying Love was not a star because he hadn't led the Wolves to the playoffs... if that line's legit, what a misguided thing for an owner to say.

What are you talking about? That completely comes across as whining. Its one thing if this wasn't the first time. Its one thing if he never whined about anything else other then the Timberwolves (had the nerve to whine about not playing time on Team USA). I can really only think of Dwight Howard as someone that has complained as much as this guy in recent past.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #27
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
What are you talking about? That completely comes across as whining. Its one thing if this wasn't the first time. Its one thing if he never whined about anything else other then the Timberwolves (had the nerve to whine about not playing time on Team USA). I can really only think of Dwight Howard as someone that has complained as much as this guy in recent past.
Well, to each their own I suppose. He seems up front and straightforward when I read some of his quotes. For instance, on Team USA, he didn't speak in code or cliche or with vague reference. Instead, he said:
Quote:
“Obviously I’d like to go out there and be playing with these guys, I really feel like I can help. I know my abilities and know what I’m capable of,” Love said Monday. “You know, Coach K and I have talked about it — this isn’t 2010. I obviously played more in 2010, but I’m a completely different player now and a far better player. So we’ll wait and see what happens. I worked into my playing time in 2010, and hopefully that’ll happen here. I just need to find a way to get into a rhythm in limited minutes, which is tough.”
I see that as someone who wants something he's not getting, but I do not believe that means anything he says about it must be whining. All of that felt correct. He really did feel like he could help. He really did know his abilities. He and Coach K did talk about it. He was better than he was in 2010. And it really is tough to get into a rhythm in limited minutes. I thought it was a completely well-rounded response.

I'm okay with people voicing their opinions, positive or otherwise, as long as they're conducted in a semi-normal manner, and that's what I was getting at with Love. He wasn't pulling publicity stunts, he wasn't doing pushups in his driveway, he wasn't rocking a pair of blue blockers while conducting a brash nationally televised interview on ESPN's Up Close with Roy Firestone. He just gave a measured (albeit non-positive) response. He doesn't like the idea of his team's owner belittling his abilities just because his ever-changing team does not contribute enough to reach the playoffs. I can see where that'd rub someone the wrong way.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 12-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

and he fires back strong with 8 points on 3-17fg while being booed and trash talked by his own fans!!

Last edited by DirkNowitzki41 : 12-13-2012 at 05:42 PM.
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #29
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
and he fires back strong with 8 points on 3-17fg while being booed and trash talked by his own fans!!

Someone's obsessed.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #30
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

Love is a malcontent whining bitch. Play your ass of and don't worry about help. Kobe has help and look at how mediocre his team is.
Haymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: