Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Amare for Pau

This deal needs to happen. Salaries match.

Amare reunites with Nash, has D12 to cover for his bad D.

Knicks get a veteran post presence with championship pedigree, go in to full win now mode.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Amare for Pau

No it doesn't.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Amare sucks.
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
This deal needs to happen. Salaries match.

Amare reunites with Nash, has D12 to cover for his bad D.

Knicks get a veteran post presence with championship pedigree, go in to full win now mode.

The Lakers need a PF that is young, athletic, that can rebound, run the floor, pass and shoot a high percentage from mid range without demanding a lot of shots.

That player is:

Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has decent reputation

amare is terrible. i wouldn't take him even if you could get him for just his salary.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Amare fits in LA if he and Howard are constantly running the pick n' roll. It honestly just doubles the problems for the other team. As long as Amare runs back hard it wouldn't be a problem. He's got the jumpshot and he can iso if the floor is spread. Dwight becomes the only guy to regularly worry about getting the ball in the post. Amare can use those Hakeem moves in an open floor space.

If both are back to being themselves, Gasol is the better player. He might also fit the Knicks better, but I honestly don't want him. Age is not an issue. Contract is not an issue. Quality is not an issue. Even him working with Melo or in the spotlight is not an issue. We have Kidd. I'm sure Gasol would get his. I just don't feel like having any Pau in my life.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
The Lakers need a PF that is young, athletic, that can rebound, run the floor, pass and shoot a high percentage from mid range without demanding a lot of shots.

That player is:

You all don't need Gasol tho...trade Horford to LA, LA wins title, Dwight goes home to play with friend.

Get the Bulls involved and get yourselves a SF (Deng).
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Amare fits in LA if he and Howard are constantly running the pick n' roll. It honestly just doubles the problems for the other team. As long as Amare runs back hard it wouldn't be a problem. He's got the jumpshot and he can iso if the floor is spread. Dwight becomes the only guy to regularly worry about getting the ball in the post. Amare can use those Hakeem moves in an open floor space.

If both are back to being themselves, Gasol is the better player. He might also fit the Knicks better, but I honestly don't want him. Age is not an issue. Contract is not an issue. Quality is not an issue. Even him working with Melo or in the spotlight is not an issue. We have Kidd. I'm sure Gasol would get his. I just don't feel like having any Pau in my life.

Amare is more a NAME at this point. I know people always fall in love with NAMES. But Amare is a failure now.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Amare is more a NAME at this point. I know people always fall in love with NAMES. But Amare is a failure now.

Two years in NY...the first, he has his best season. The second was last year. I can see the downward spiral, but it's too early to declare him just a name.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
You all don't need Gasol tho...trade Horford to LA, LA wins title, Dwight goes home to play with friend.

Get the Bulls involved and get yourselves a SF (Deng).

I'm not saying I would do that trade. I wouldn't trade for Gasol because of his age and possible knee issues.

I'm just pointing out that if Howard is going to be in LA for the long haul then Gasol is probably going to struggle to fit in. You need pieces that complement each other. I'm not sure that that LA will be able to use both Howard and Gasol to the best of their abilities.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers get robbed.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Two years in NY...the first, he has his best season. The second was last year. I can see the downward spiral, but it's too early to declare him just a name.

It's not that he isn't a good player. And perhaps it is just that he and Mello don't mesh, but I suspect that it's only downhill with Amare from here on out. I like his game, so I hope he proves me wrong.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has decent reputation

Quote:

he'd be fine if he could get his jumper back to top level but with the Knicks he's been extremely hit and miss with it. Amare used to be one of the best short range J's in the league but i haven't seen that from him for a long time.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Great trade for the Knicks. Would make the prodigously strong. Pau wont need to score quite as much and can focus on rebounding and passing.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We could play big with Pau or have him as our first big off the bench. No brainer to me. Amare hasn't been healthy.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: