Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
anytime people make a big deal of an ATHLETE's meaningless personal biz it is silly

is RG3 a republican? really who gives a shit? he throws a football for a living

did Dez spend too much on his necklace? who gives a fck

does Rex like feet?

only time personal shit should enter the picture is if a law if broken...
I couldn't agree more.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

I have a few things to say about RGIII

F*ck the Redskins because they are a divisional rival, but RGIII is growing on me as a player.

I like what he said about african American fans and I think the kid has bright future ahead of him.

I think he can marry a white woman if he wants to and that doesnt make him any less a brother than anybody else.

Some people (like RGIII) get surrounded by people who they wouldnt normally meet if they werent big superstars. By the time RGIII gets to the pros, he probably spent more time around white women than black women because of the environment he has been in.

Love is love and people of different races fall in love all the time when they disregard the racist BS that permeates society.

My wife is Italian and the only time we think about our races being different is when the world reminds us...

So its really dumb for this rob parker guy to try and call Griffin out for being a cornball (whatever that means)

As far as the Black QB thing goes? I dont think its done until one of these guys wins a superbowl. Alot of people forget Doug williams won a super bowl and there is still alot of fans who buy into and promote the black QB stereotypes.. So, No its not done with, but its not the 70s anymore either. At least black Qbs can get a shot these days where they couldnt back then.

But overall, I like this RGIII kid, and I think he should continue to do his thing as he has so far in his career.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol, If RG3 had two baby mama's would he be considered a text book african american by Rob Parker?

I remember last year ESPN did a segment that Jordy Nelson was benefiting from his white skin as he was "deceptively fast" and this allowed him to trick NFL defenses.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rob Parker calling someone a corny bother is comedy. Take a look in the mirror, seriously.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #20
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Rob Parker calling someone a corny bother is comedy. Take a look in the mirror, seriously.
A couple weeks ago, he gave the female host some roses on camera. Stephen A Smith's reaction was
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The whole "there is a specific way that you can be black" is bullshit. Seriously, it tires me right the fuck out.

If you are black you are black. You don't have to be a certain type of person to be considered so. To quote Childish Gambino: "We all look the same to the cops, ain't that good enough?"
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #22
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's an idiot, and I think it's partly done to be 'controversial' to try and get people to tune in. I don't really care for that kind of shit journalism. It's pretty much the reason why I don't really watch those shows anymore.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #23
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seriously though, these comments are absolutely pathetic. I hope he get's fired from ESPN over this shit. It's just so stupid and ridiculous.

Rob Parker has always been a joke. Remember when he reported that Kirk Cousins was involved in a fight with the Michigan State hockey team? Except then it was discovered that Cousins was in church with his parents when the fight happened, and Parker was suspended for 2 weeks for it. The guy is a joke.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #24
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Rob Parker =

"Cornball brother"? He basically called RG3 an uncle tom on national TV. How this guy's managed to stay at ESPN this long I have no clue...

Whenever I see/hear this guy on the First Take panel, I tune out.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #25
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySTATUTORY posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I'm not familiar with his verbiage. what other athletes would be considered "cornball brothas"? what does he mean?
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
I'm not familiar with his verbiage. what other athletes would be considered "cornball brothas"? what does he mean?
You'd have to ask Parker. I'm not the blackness police.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Exactly what I was Gunna say. The guy is an embarrassment and has been to me for a Long while. He's not very bright and has made COrNbALL statements in the past. He tries to hard to look like a modern black guy but he comes off as a shithead.

DC is called Chocolate city. Steven A has acknowledged this a few times regarding RGIII so it's easy to see how black folks can identify and b proud of his influence. He went to the perfect realistic team, as did Andrew Luck.

Griffin breaks so many molds that simpletons jus still cannot compute. They, namely Parker here, doesn't know how to praise accurately so he bashes. This is the same black guy who said when he was 10 that he was Gunna be an NfL QB and then a lawyer....

He's an NFL QB with a background degree in political science...ppl jus need throw stones even if someone is a bona fide role model all of AMERICA should be proud of.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 12-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anybody have a clip of Rob Parker's quote? I'm interested in actually watching the awkward/pathetic, train wreck that I'm imagining it was in my head.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #29
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ESPN has suspended him "until further notice"
Old 12-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Anybody have a clip of Rob Parker's quote? I'm interested in actually watching the awkward/pathetic, train wreck that I'm imagining it was in my head.
Video is in this link
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: