Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #31
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,387
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
ESPN has suspended him "until further notice"
I don't think we need any further notice. I don't know anyone on or off-line that's a fan of his commentary.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #32
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,275
AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

- Rob Parker is a "chicken george" Brother.....it don't get more cornball then him.

- RG3 stay ballin son....dey can't see you.....

- Parker stay Rustled





next
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #33
miggyme1
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,045
miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Its a sad day when u lose ya job over being honest. Most people are so stupid and they dont comprehend nothing.

Rob parker clearly said this is what is discussed in BARBER SHOPS.

And he is correct cuz i hear all the time when i go to get a fresh fade.

Rob was being honest about the situation so how does that make him wrong?
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,387
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Its a sad day when u lose ya job over being honest. Most people are so stupid and they dont comprehend nothing.

Rob parker clearly said this is what is discussed in BARBER SHOPS.

And he is correct cuz i hear all the time when i go to get a fresh fade.

Rob was being honest about the situation so how does that make him wrong?
He can't hide behind an unseen minority. Claiming to be speaking for others to bring up this crap is a cop-out and if he tries to use it I for one will just respect his opinion even less. He brought up Griffin's fiancee's race like it was a problem. He went McCarthy on RG3's politics, he's the one that talked about how Griffin may be a "cornball brother." And now he has to deal with the repercussions.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- Rob Parker is a "chicken george" Brother.....it don't get more cornball then him.

- RG3 stay ballin son....dey can't see you.....

- Parker stay Rustled





next

Wow you're a cornball kid. Why do you type like an idiot? Its a habit huh?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

What a moronic post by miggyme.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #37
bladefd
Good college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,352
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

I'm not sure about this one. I was surprised when I heard Rob was suspended indefinitely over the cornball comment. I understand it is racist comment, and I also understand what RG3 was saying - he wants to be judged not as a black qb but as a football player. And the whole 'white fiancee' and 'republican' part as evidence for why RG3 has betrayed blacks was stupid.

There is also the aspect of free speech and others from espn have made similar comments.

Remember Jalen Rose? He said on First Take that blacks who attend white colleges are uncle toms (he was referring to Duke). it was during the week when the 30for30 Fab 5 documentary was shown on ESPN. Stephen A Smith was in another city and I distinctly remember he and rose had a huge argument on first take over it. Rose went really aggressive and shut stephen a smith up by speaking over him. Stephen A was trying to yell over Rose, but Rose wouldn't let him speak. Rose didn't get fired after that. If Rob Parker really wanted, he could use that against ESPN in a lawsuit over freedom of speech and how racism was attached to him getting suspended.

Trust me, Rob Parker can take it to court. Of course, it probably wouldn't matter. One guy suing ESPN/disney? lmao, they will thrown Parker $10 mill under the table to shut up. $10 mill is pennies to the top 5 largest megacorporations in USA

Why would they even ask the question? Did they really think it wouldn't get to this? The question was personal, the responses would have been personal too

Last edited by bladefd : 12-14-2012 at 10:03 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,387
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Rose was talking about what he thought when he was 18 and has repeatedly said that's not how he thinks now. That's an important distinction. It's not like ESPN won't suspend him when he screws up, he was temporarily yanked when he had a DUI.

Getting back to Parker I doubt ESPN is doing anything they aren't allowed to. We'd need to see Parker's contract (if he has a contract) to be sure but news networks have always suspended personalities for offensive statements. I immediately think of when Bob Ryan was yanked for talking about smacking Joumana Kidd. Networks aren't going to let their own talking heads embarrass them.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #39
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,387
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Why would they even ask the question? Did they really think it wouldn't get to this? The question was personal, the responses would have been personal too
The question was, "What does this say about RG3?" This is a question that courts controversy (they want that) but a panelist like Parker is expected to be able to say what he has to say without getting overly offensive. It may get hard to know where to draw the line but it's not unreasonable to expect a panelist to have an idea of when he's going too far. In this particular case he might have gotten away with questioning RG3's politics but the "Cornball Brother" line was low and unfunny, something he should have kept to himself, and it was definitely not ok to act like Griffin was doing something wrong by having a white fiancee. That would be what I'd have suspended him for if I were running ESPN. You just can't do that.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I'm not sure about this one. I was surprised when I heard Rob was suspended indefinitely over the cornball comment. I understand it is racist comment, and I also understand what RG3 was saying - he wants to be judged not as a black qb but as a football player. And the whole 'white fiancee' and 'republican' part as evidence for why RG3 has betrayed blacks was stupid.

There is also the aspect of free speech and others from espn have made similar comments.

Remember Jalen Rose? He said on First Take that blacks who attend white colleges are uncle toms (he was referring to Duke). it was during the week when the 30for30 Fab 5 documentary was shown on ESPN. Stephen A Smith was in another city and I distinctly remember he and rose had a huge argument on first take over it. Rose went really aggressive and shut stephen a smith up by speaking over him. Stephen A was trying to yell over Rose, but Rose wouldn't let him speak. Rose didn't get fired after that. If Rob Parker really wanted, he could use that against ESPN in a lawsuit over freedom of speech and how racism was attached to him getting suspended.

Trust me, Rob Parker can take it to court. Of course, it probably wouldn't matter. One guy suing ESPN/disney? lmao, they will thrown Parker $10 mill under the table to shut up. $10 mill is pennies to the top 5 largest megacorporations in USA

Why would they even ask the question? Did they really think it wouldn't get to this? The question was personal, the responses would have been personal too

Post is so offbase its hilarious. As RMWG said Jalen Rose told us what he thought as an 18yr old teen. He emphasized that numerous times when he made his comments about Duke and other black players. People like yourself skip over this and focus on certain things. Why? You just totally took what Rose meant left field when he himself explained his side. How the hell is that on the same level as Rob Parker actually feeling what he does now? No comparison.

Everyone screams freedom of speech but cry when there are consequences and repercussions behind it. I can call your mother a b!tch to her face with you standing there. Freedom of speech, but you have every right to knock every tooth from out of my mouth. I can say I like teenage girls they give me boners, freedom of speech but I wouldnt have friends, family and could lose my job depending where I worked.

Rob Parker can say what he did and if he wanted to go further? Feel free. But there are consequences for his words when he is on national television representing espn. What he said was ignorant as hell because since when was he ever crowned the spokesman for the "brothers?" When was he ever considered not a cornball brother? Anyone could disect how lame of a person Rob Parker is BEFORE his RGIII comments. Yet no one with the ability to voice that across televisions nationally did that. Yet he took the time to question how black RGIII is with some of the most ignorant stereotypical nonsense ever.


And I dont care whats said in barbershops. Lots of ignorant stuff is said there. Lots of married men would get divorced if their wives heard what they said. Barbershop talk being put on national television is not going to fly nor should it. Whether RGIII is Republican or not is no ones business. Black, white, female, male. Whom RGIII is sharing his life with is no ones business. He is not obligated to date, marry just black chicks. Nor is he obligated to choose whatever political party he thinks "blacks" say choose.

What cause is Rob Parker down for? Glad espn suspended his dumbass. When a white person says ignorant comments Rob Parker is all in. Now shoe is on the other foot, wear it you cornball brother.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,387
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Thought:

Came out of a barber shop?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #42
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,395
Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Post is so offbase its hilarious. As RMWG said Jalen Rose told us what he thought as an 18yr old teen. He emphasized that numerous times when he made his comments about Duke and other black players. People like yourself skip over this and focus on certain things. Why? You just totally took what Rose meant left field when he himself explained his side. How the hell is that on the same level as Rob Parker actually feeling what he does now? No comparison.

Everyone screams freedom of speech but cry when there are consequences and repercussions behind it. I can call your mother a b!tch to her face with you standing there. Freedom of speech, but you have every right to knock every tooth from out of my mouth. I can say I like teenage girls they give me boners, freedom of speech but I wouldnt have friends, family and could lose my job depending where I worked.

Rob Parker can say what he did and if he wanted to go further? Feel free. But there are consequences for his words when he is on national television representing espn. What he said was ignorant as hell because since when was he ever crowned the spokesman for the "brothers?" When was he ever considered not a cornball brother? Anyone could disect how lame of a person Rob Parker is BEFORE his RGIII comments. Yet no one with the ability to voice that across televisions nationally did that. Yet he took the time to question how black RGIII is with some of the most ignorant stereotypical nonsense ever.


And I dont care whats said in barbershops. Lots of ignorant stuff is said there. Lots of married men would get divorced if their wives heard what they said. Barbershop talk being put on national television is not going to fly nor should it. Whether RGIII is Republican or not is no ones business. Black, white, female, male. Whom RGIII is sharing his life with is no ones business. He is not obligated to date, marry just black chicks. Nor is he obligated to choose whatever political party he thinks "blacks" say choose.

What cause is Rob Parker down for? Glad espn suspended his dumbass. When a white person says ignorant comments Rob Parker is all in. Now shoe is on the other foot, wear it you cornball brother.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywhZCHvqXA
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #43
bladefd
Good college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,352
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Post is so offbase its hilarious. As RMWG said Jalen Rose told us what he thought as an 18yr old teen. He emphasized that numerous times when he made his comments about Duke and other black players. People like yourself skip over this and focus on certain things. Why? You just totally took what Rose meant left field when he himself explained his side. How the hell is that on the same level as Rob Parker actually feeling what he does now? No comparison.

Actually, I remember in the debate between Rose and SAS (skip was there too along with 2 other guys and jay crawford) concerning that whole Uncle Tom debate.. Somebody asked Rose to his face "Do you still believe that to this day?" Rose wouldn't answer. He was repeated the same question 2 more times. He would NOT answer it. Then the next day, he gets on and says that he believed that when he was a 19 year old kid but not anymore. Why did he not answer that direct question in that original First Take sequence though? It was simply "yes" or "no". No instant answer to a simple yes/no question = makes me question him. It took him the next day to come out and say he doesn't believe it anymore. Go look it up yourself - I am sure it is somewhere on youtube. I watch First Take every single day for last 3 years and I saw that back-and-forth sequence.

I should have mentioned that part. My mistake for not explaining further. Not saying something is not the same as evidence for saying something though if you want to look in the aspect of the law.


I agree with the rest of your post btw.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #44
senelcoolidge
College star
 
senelcoolidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 3,851
senelcoolidge has not been impressing people
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

This Parker guy sounds like a straight up racist.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #45
miggyme1
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,045
miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What a moronic post by miggyme.
moronic? how dumbass when its the truth...did u even watch the show? not the clips but when it actually aired u prolly didnt.i did! and i heard what came out his mouth word for word so shut up and get a life. thats why the world is what it is now cuz its a bunch of dumbass people who dont know the difference between right and wrong. the guy clearly said he asked his FRIENDS in the dc area and even said numerous times BARBER SHOP TALK. how much does a person have to break things down to get through to u simple minded F.U.C.K.S
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy