Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #46
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,492
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Thought:

Came out of a barber shop?


yeah, that mafugga aint been to a barbershop since the movie "barbershop" came out..lol

the more I think about what he said, the more I shake my head...

I dont even understand why he would say some sh*t like that.. Like everyone would agree with him and understand where he was going with this.

seemed like he forgot where he was at and just started shooting the sh*t like he was somewhere else... Not television
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #47
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,347
StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Always been a clown. Glad he finally did something to call big attention to it.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #48
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,143
mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Outlandish comments such as these will only increase in this modern day sports media world, where everyone is desperate to make a name for themselves.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #49
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

SMH at the cornball defending this clown. If you want to have a show talking about ignorant and stupid things, then go start a stupid barbershop gossip show that nobody will watch. If you want a show with some level of credibility, substance, and intelligence, then leave that nonsense at your local sewing circle.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #50
Pacers4ever
Banned
 
Pacers4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 953
Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

So how did stephen a smith respond to those comments, I can't find it anywhere?
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #51
miggyme1
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,042
miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
SMH at the cornball defending this clown. If you want to have a show talking about ignorant and stupid things, then go start a stupid barbershop gossip show that nobody will watch. If you want a show with some level of credibility, substance, and intelligence, then leave that nonsense at your local sewing circle.


Smh at your dumbass for makin an assumption before getting the true facts. How is what he said stupid when its the truth?lol i hear people everyday in my community question rg3 because of how he carries himself and because he has a white girl. Now we blame rob parker for speaking on some real stuff and the whole world is shook! Yall act like he pulled this out his ass. Most of yall on here aint black and dont understand and never grow up in "urban" areas. Take a walk with me ill show yall places and spots in the urban world that aint pretty and where they discuss stuff like rob parker said. Ive heard barbers, hard working individuals, teachers etc talk bad about tiger woods after he was caught cheating with all those white women. It is what is. U dumbasses will never get it. Stay blind and uneducated
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #52
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,492
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Smh at your dumbass for makin an assumption before getting the true facts. How is what he said stupid when its the truth?lol i hear people everyday in my community question rg3 because of how he carries himself and because he has a white girl. Now we blame rob parker for speaking on some real stuff and the whole world is shook! Yall act like he pulled this out his ass. Most of yall on here aint black and dont understand and never grow up in "urban" areas. Take a walk with me ill show yall places and spots in the urban world that aint pretty and where they discuss stuff like rob parker said. Ive heard barbers, hard working individuals, teachers etc talk bad about tiger woods after he was caught cheating with all those white women. It is what is. U dumbasses will never get it. Stay blind and uneducated


Im black...And I grew up in an "urban area" And Im saying he is a dumb ass for saying that... He's not in a barbershop or anything like that. He's on TV, and if he insists on trying to figure how black RGIII is? He needs to articulate it a whole lot better than he did, because it is a question that he shouldnt even be worried about.

Those are some sensitive accusations to make on a sports show. If he is insisting on going there (which I think is unnecessary) he needs spit some knowledge.

WTF is a cornball brother? Has Rob Parker passed by a mirror lately? If we are talking cornballs, he looks like a bigger cornball than Griffin.

and on the white girl....His fiance is his business. We dont need to try to examine his personal relationship like that. Thats disrespectful. The guy hasnt even played a whole season yet and we are already gonna go in on his woman? not good...

Rob Parker was out of line on alot of levels... Like I said, seemed like he forgot where he was at and started talking like he was talking to his friends or something...

If RGIII somehow makes his personal life public news, then I could see asking some questions about it, but not right now. At least let the guy get his feet wet before you start throwing dirt on him
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #53
miggyme1
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,042
miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Good observation i respect your opinion. I just dont understand how we as a country preach freedom of speech but when its truth we dont wanna hear it. I agree maybe rob parker should saved his comments for a blog or summin. But y are we begging espn to fire this man? Y are we actin like he commited murder? People cant make mistakes anymore? I dont see rob parker being a racist he went to columbia university hell. People are so sensitive nowa days. Remember the espn reporter that got fired over the lin statement? Something about ***** in the armor? Smh

But good points sheed. I respect ur perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Im black...And I grew up in an "urban area" And Im saying he is a dumb ass for saying that... He's not in a barbershop or anything like that. He's on TV, and if he insists on trying to figure how black RGIII is? He needs to articulate it a whole lot better than he did, because it is a question that he shouldnt even be worried about.

Those are some sensitive accusations to make on a sports show. If he is insisting on going there (which I think is unnecessary) he needs spit some knowledge.

WTF is a cornball brother? Has Rob Parker passed by a mirror lately? If we are talking cornballs, he looks like a bigger cornball than Griffin.

and on the white girl....His fiance is his business. We dont need to try to examine his personal relationship like that. Thats disrespectful. The guy hasnt even played a whole season yet and we are already gonna go in on his woman? not good...

Rob Parker was out of line on alot of levels... Like I said, seemed like he forgot where he was at and started talking like he was talking to his friends or something...

If RGIII somehow makes his personal life public news, then I could see asking some questions about it, but not right now. At least let the guy get his feet wet before you start throwing dirt on him
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #54
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Smh at your dumbass for makin an assumption before getting the true facts.How is what he said stupid when its the truth?

Just smack yourself on the head.

Quote:
lol i hear people everyday in my community question rg3 because of how he carries himself and because he has a white girl.

Nobody gives a shit about the ignorant conversations the people in your community talk about. Like I said, if you want that kind of show, then go start an ignorant gossip show for you and your sewing circle. Why should we care about that kind of backwards thinking? What are you questioning? His 'blackness'? He's not out to impress ignorant fools like you with some silly street cred nonsense. The **** does it matter if his fiancee is white, black, green or red? You don't want to cheer for him because he has a white fiancee? Good, he doesn't need fans like you.

Quote:
Now we blame rob parker for speaking on some real stuff

Real stuff? RG3's political affiliation and his love life are his business. I've never wondered about those things about any player.

Quote:
Most of yall on here aint black and dont understand and never grow up in "urban" areas.

I grew up near DC, and I've seen various places, but what does that really have to do with it? Is your environment your excuse for being ignorant? What do I need to understand? Why isn't he allowed to marry a white woman? Why isn't he allowed to be affiliated with whatever political party he wants to be? Is he supposed to go to your community and ask permission for these things first?

Quote:
Take a walk with me ill show yall places and spots in the urban world that aint pretty and where they discuss stuff like rob parker said.

I don't care about stupid conversations like that.

Quote:
Ive heard barbers, hard working individuals, teachers etc talk bad about tiger woods after he was caught cheating with all those white women. It is what is. U dumbasses will never get it. Stay blind and uneducated

Then do us all a great favor and teach us since we're all so Goddamn stupid. Dazzle us with your wonderful insight and overflowing intelligence. Astound us. Wow us. Astonish us.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 12-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #55
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 6,436
KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Troll in this thread is an idiot. There's no such thing as "blackness". Being black is a physical characteristic. You can't act like another race. Happy Rob Parker's gone. Idiots like him are what make us black people look bad. It's as if in order to be black, you have to be an idiot that talks in ebonics all the time
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #56
miggyme1
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,042
miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Yep exactly flip my words so that they agree with your argument. Lol i love it! Go educate yoself. And u aint been nowhere near a hood so sit down and zip it. Whateva happened to freedom of speech? Answer that? Exactly ya dumbass cant answer that.

How is it absurd to talk bout his white wife when its true? Its not like he said iv heard from numerous sources that he likes white women and i dont agree with that.....ummm he never said that.

Don imus called the whole womems rutgers team nappy headed hoes i aint see anybody complainin on ish when that happened. It was fine......y? Cuz he was a white man talkin bout black women. And that statement was far worse than what rob parker said.

Rob parker wasnt speaking on his belief he was speaking for his community..... The place he represents. He could care less what u ignorant people think.....everybody not gonna agree or understand where he was coming from or what he was saying.

People act like he said i heard he is a republican and he shouldnt be because he is black. People act like he said he has a white wife and i dont like it cuz hes a black man.

He didnt say that so y are people personally attacking him over somethin he said that wasnt even his personal opinion? I know y

Cuz u represent 95% of the population.......sensitive people who got nun better to do but point the finger at somebody or something u could never understand or comprehend. Argument dismissed goodbye JACKASS!LOL




Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Just smack yourself on the head.



Nobody gives a shit about the ignorant conversations the people in your community talk about. Like I said, if you want that kind of show, then go start an ignorant gossip show for you and your sewing circle. Why should we care about that kind of backwards thinking? What are you questioning? His 'blackness'? He's not out to impress ignorant fools like you with some silly street cred nonsense. The **** does it matter if his fiancee is white, black, green or red? You don't want to cheer for him because he has a white fiancee? Good, he doesn't need fans like you.



Real stuff? RG3's political affiliation and his love life are his business. I've never wondered about those things about any player.



I grew up near DC, and I've seen various places, but what does that really have to do with it? Is your environment your excuse for being ignorant? What do I need to understand? Why isn't he allowed to marry a white woman? Why isn't he allowed to be affiliated with whatever political party he wants to be? Is he supposed to go to your community and ask permission for these things first?



I don't care about stupid conversations like that.



Then do us all a great favor and teach us since we're all so Goddamn stupid. Dazzle us with your wonderful insight and overflowing intelligence. Astound us. Wow us. Astonish us.
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #57
miggyme1
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,042
miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Troll in this thread is an idiot. There's no such thing as "blackness". Being black is a physical characteristic. You can't act like another race. Happy Rob Parker's gone. Idiots like him are what make us black people look bad. It's as if in order to be black, you have to be an idiot that talks in ebonics all the time


Idiot for having my own opinion? Look in the mirror kid......thats the idiot
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #58
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 6,436
KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Yep exactly flip my words so that they agree with your argument. Lol i love it! Go educate yoself. And u aint been nowhere near a hood so sit down and zip it. Whateva happened to freedom of speech? Answer that? Exactly ya dumbass cant answer that.

How is it absurd to talk bout his white wife when its true? Its not like he said iv heard from numerous sources that he likes white women and i dont agree with that.....ummm he never said that.

Don imus called the whole womems rutgers team nappy headed hoes i aint see anybody complainin on ish when that happened. It was fine......y? Cuz he was a white man talkin bout black women. And that statement was far worse than what rob parker said.

Rob parker wasnt speaking on his belief he was speaking for his community..... The place he represents. He could care less what u ignorant people think.....everybody not gonna agree or understand where he was coming from or what he was saying.

People act like he said i heard he is a republican and he shouldnt be because he is black. People act like he said he has a white wife and i dont like it cuz hes a black man.

He didnt say that so y are people personally attacking him over somethin he said that wasnt even his personal opinion? I know y

Cuz u represent 95% of the population.......sensitive people who got nun better to do but point the finger at somebody or something u could never understand or comprehend. Argument dismissed goodbye JACKASS!LOL
English mfer? You speak it?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #59
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,452
irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Yep exactly flip my words so that they agree with your argument. Lol i love it! Go educate yoself. And u aint been nowhere near a hood so sit down and zip it. Whateva happened to freedom of speech? Answer that? Exactly ya dumbass cant answer that.

How is it absurd to talk bout his white wife when its true? Its not like he said iv heard from numerous sources that he likes white women and i dont agree with that.....ummm he never said that.

Don imus called the whole womems rutgers team nappy headed hoes i aint see anybody complainin on ish when that happened. It was fine......y? Cuz he was a white man talkin bout black women. And that statement was far worse than what rob parker said.

Rob parker wasnt speaking on his belief he was speaking for his community..... The place he represents. He could care less what u ignorant people think.....everybody not gonna agree or understand where he was coming from or what he was saying.

People act like he said i heard he is a republican and he shouldnt be because he is black. People act like he said he has a white wife and i dont like it cuz hes a black man.

He didnt say that so y are people personally attacking him over somethin he said that wasnt even his personal opinion? I know y

Cuz u represent 95% of the population.......sensitive people who got nun better to do but point the finger at somebody or something u could never understand or comprehend. Argument dismissed goodbye JACKASS!LOL
There was a huge amount of outrage when Imus made those comments. I don't know if ISH was outraged, I wasn't around here and neither were you. However, Imus faced a huge backlash after he made those comments. He was fired for those comments. Get your shit straight dude.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #60
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,492
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

I was here when the Imus sh*t happened, and there was a nice group of posters who tried to defend him and say he should be excused for it.

So lets keep perspective here.

Rob Parker made HIMSELF look bad. He didnt make black people look bad.

People say alot of things in alot of communities doesnt mean it belongs on TV..

My wife was a hairdresser in a caucasian shop, and since she is white, they dont curb their racial ignorance in there either.

it is what is.. It doesnt belong TV. That's the bottom line.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy