Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #61
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
There was a huge amount of outrage when Imus made those comments. I don't know if ISH was outraged, I wasn't around here and neither were you. However, Imus faced a huge backlash after he made those comments. He was fired for those comments. Get your shit straight dude.

I was here. I got numerous accounts. Care for me to name them smartass? Goodbye u lose!
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #62
irondarts

Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
I was here. I got numerous accounts. Care for me to name them smartass? Goodbye u lose!
Yes.

But let's not act like there wasn't national outrage over Imus' comments. There was a lot more national outrage over what Imus said than what Parker said. Imus lost his radio show because of it.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #63
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Im black...And I grew up in an "urban area" And Im saying he is a dumb ass for saying that... He's not in a barbershop or anything like that. He's on TV, and if he insists on trying to figure how black RGIII is? He needs to articulate it a whole lot better than he did, because it is a question that he shouldnt even be worried about.

Those are some sensitive accusations to make on a sports show. If he is insisting on going there (which I think is unnecessary) he needs spit some knowledge.

WTF is a cornball brother? Has Rob Parker passed by a mirror lately? If we are talking cornballs, he looks like a bigger cornball than Griffin.

and on the white girl....His fiance is his business. We dont need to try to examine his personal relationship like that. Thats disrespectful. The guy hasnt even played a whole season yet and we are already gonna go in on his woman? not good...

Rob Parker was out of line on alot of levels... Like I said, seemed like he forgot where he was at and started talking like he was talking to his friends or something...

If RGIII somehow makes his personal life public news, then I could see asking some questions about it, but not right now. At least let the guy get his feet wet before you start throwing dirt on him

Even if he was in a barbershop, that shit still wouldn't fly
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #64
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Even if he was in a barbershop, that shit still wouldn't fly

it probably would fly in a barbershop depending on how the people feel in there. Matter of fact it definitely flies in a place like that.

There are people who dont like RGIII having a white chick and they dont like republicans

talking about it inside the barbershop? whatever.... Thats where people discuss almost anything.

But that stuff is not legitimate talk anymore than the crap thatwas coming out of Imus's mouth.

Save that level of ignorance for your friends wherever you live

RGIII (and his fiance) do not deserve to be talked about on ESPN like that.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #65
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

did anyone say anything about when Terry Bradshaw describing a Reggie Bush run as "running after a bucket of chicken"?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #66
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Yep exactly flip my words so that they agree with your argument. Lol i love it! Go educate yoself.

Say something intelligent instead of the same ol' herp derp nonsense.

Quote:
And u aint been nowhere near a hood so sit down and zip it.

Well, keep on being ignorant, doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Whateva happened to freedom of speech? Answer that? Exactly ya dumbass cant answer that.

Whatever happened to integrity, substance, quality, professionalism, etc...? Do yo understand that or do you just wanna go around calling everyone a dumbass? He can say whatever wants, but he has to take responsibility and suffer the repercussions for what was said. You're free to call everyone a dumbass while you type like some 13 year old idiot.

Quote:
How is it absurd to talk bout his white wife when its true? Its not like he said iv heard from numerous sources that he likes white women and i dont agree with that.....ummm he never said that.

Why is he questioning the color of his fiancee in the first place? What business is it of his? What does it matter? Keep it at your local sewing circle where irrelevant stuff like that is your cup of tea.

Quote:
Don imus called the whole womems rutgers team nappy headed hoes i aint see anybody complainin on ish when that happened.

That was like 5 years ago. I don't remember who complained or not. I can only speak for myself, and I don't remember discussing that, but I can say I don't support people who say stupid things.

Quote:
It was fine......y? Cuz he was a white man talkin bout black women. And that statement was far worse than what rob parker said.

Imus got fired while Parker only got suspended.

Quote:
Rob parker wasnt speaking on his belief he was speaking for his community.....

Sure... Not that it matters either way.

Quote:
He could care less what u ignorant people think.....everybody not gonna agree or understand where he was coming from or what he was saying.

Yeah, keep on riding that train. You seem to think that if you say it enough times it'll start to mean something... If he wants to keep his job, then he better start caring what 'ignorant' people think.

Quote:
Cuz u represent 95% of the population.......sensitive people who got nun better to do but point the finger at somebody or something u could never understand or comprehend. Argument dismissed goodbye JACKASS!LOL

You're pointing the finger right now, and you're acting like I was the one who suspended him or something. Whether ESPN wants to keep crap like that on the air or not isn't up to me. All I can say is that I made the choice long ago not to watch crap like that.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #67
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Yes.

But let's not act like there wasn't national outrage over Imus' comments. There was a lot more national outrage over what Imus said than what Parker said. Imus lost his radio show because of it.

And lets not act like imus was unemployed for years or blacklisted. If im correct he got another gig fairly easily. Just admit it. Its a double standard. Stop livin in denial all yo life kid. And those were imus real words his real feelings. Parker was speakin from a community perspective. He never said "I".

Maybe it was bad timing. But if its the truth y is it wrong? Im bout to make a bold statement and its truth but watch people get mad. Here it goes u ready?

Majority of school shootings are committed by white men than any other race. Y is that? Is that not the truth? Am i not allowed to say that?
Crossing the line arent i? Ok ill back off.lol

IM DONE
Old 12-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #68
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
did anyone say anything about when Terry Bradshaw describing a Reggie Bush run as "running after a bucket of chicken"?

LMAO HELL NAH DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #69
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
it probably would fly in a barbershop depending on how the people feel in there. Matter of fact it definitely flies in a place like that.

There are people who dont like RGIII having a white chick and they dont like republicans

talking about it inside the barbershop? whatever.... Thats where people discuss almost anything.

But that stuff is not legitimate talk anymore than the crap thatwas coming out of Imus's mouth.

Save that level of ignorance for your friends wherever you live

RGIII (and his fiance) do not deserve to be talked about on ESPN like that.
It would be discussed but he in any of the barber shops that I go to he would have been ROASTED. After seeing him so many times, that whole rant sounded like a volatile mix of ignorance and hatred. I couldn't believe what I was hearing tbh.

He's the biggest cornball I've ever seen on ESPN, how are you going to judge someone else.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #70
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
LMAO HELL NAH DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6m_IRD9GEU
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #71
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
It would be discussed but he in any of the barber shops that I go to he would have been ROASTED. After seeing him so many times, that whole rant sounded like a volatile mix of ignorance and hatred. I couldn't believe what I was hearing tbh.

He's the biggest cornball I've ever seen on ESPN, how are you going to judge someone else.

Oh I agree with that.. Sounds to me like he heard some talk about it, and decided he was gonna go on TV talking about it.

I dont think he was actually in a barbershop (because his fade is dusty) shooting the sh*t with people

Matter of fact, Ive seen a few webpages that repeat this nonsense (in the comments sections) Now that Ive heard people are gossiping in DC over this.

Alot of people act like Griffin owes them some kind of explanation as to why he selected this woman.

He doesnt owe anyone a comment on that.

I just think Mr Parker stepped outside the line of what is acceptable on TV.

Im not saying we cant ever discuss race and marriage or whatever on TV, but the way he went at it was bullsh*t and he needs some time off to think about it.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #72
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

i'm black

if i was in a barber shop i would for sure be knocking RG3's blackness due to the fact that he's republican.

you just don't vote against your own people.

those are my thoughts and i know a lot of people here will freak on me for saying that. i don't give a shit that his wife is white but the republican thing bugs me.

parker is a dumbass for saying this on TV. too soon for rg3. at least let him do some ignorant honkey shit before bringing all that up.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #73
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
ignorant honkey shit
Do you even see the irony in that statement? If a white poster started talking about "ignorant n_____ shit" would that be cool? You're showing far more ignorance than RG3 ever would.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #74
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Parker was speakin from a community perspective. He never said "I".

Champion: "Why is that your question?"

Parker: "Well because that's just how I want to find out about him.

Rob Parker: "But my question, which is just a straight, honest question, is: Is he a brother or is he a cornball brother?"

Parker wanted to know if he was a 'cornball brother', and he says other things like:

"He's not real."
"he's not really down with the cause."
"He's kind of black but he's not really, like, the guy you want to hang out with"
"We all know he has a white fiancée."
"I'm just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue."
"wearing braids is ... you're a brother. You're a brother. If you've got braids on."

So, I guess RG3 is a brother since he has braids.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 12-16-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #75
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Do you even see the irony in that statement? If a white poster started talking about "ignorant n_____ shit" would that be cool? You're showing far more ignorance than RG3 ever would.

I'm just speaking the truth. Sorry that the word 'honkey' offends you. Must be tough hearing such racism come out of my mouth.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: