Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #76
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

ignorant honkey shit = geroge bush shit. mitt romney shit.

it's more of a socio economic attitude that comes with satus.

don't even pretend 'ignorant 'nig..ger' shit' is close

we'll just have to disagree here and leave it at that. Not changing my mind on what i meant.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #77
SCY
Put yr guns up

Default Re: Rob Parker illustrating what lines a journalist should not cross (re: RG3)

There's always going to be dummies somewhere saying dumbass stuff. That's no reason to broadcast it on television, unless you're bringing it up to condemn it. Parker clearly was not doing that.

And not that it matters, but I've seen no evidence of RGIII's political affiliation, Republican or otherwise.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #78
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
I'm just speaking the truth. Sorry that the word 'honkey' offends you. Must be tough hearing such racism come out of my mouth.
It just exposes the fact that you're a hypocrite. You thinking you're speaking some kind of "truth" shows that you have developed some kind of complex philosophy in your own head that would never stand exposure to the light of day. A lot of thinking by an idiot only leads to complex stupidity.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #79
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
It just exposes the fact that you're a hypocrite. You thinking you're speaking some kind of "truth" shows that you have developed some kind of complex philosophy in your own head that would never stand exposure to the light of day. A lot of thinking by an idiot only leads to complex stupidity.

stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #80
Burgz V2
Good college starter

I understand what he's trying to say but he did not say it the right way at all. First of all, he shouldn't be saying it on a sports show. let's leave race out of it.

RGIII has probably experienced racism all his life (from Louisiana no?) but for someone to deny and strip him of that oppression in such a boneheaded way is just appalling.

The point RGIII has been reinforcing is that sports writers should stop talking about him as a "black QB" because he wants to be the GOAT QB regardless of colour. He is not shirking or abandoning his blackness, he is trying to embrace his greatness regardless of who his fans are. He has a lot of fans? sure he said he will embrace that, but the colour of his fans skin or his for that matter is the last thing he wants people to consider when they look back at his career. that is respectable enough for such a young athlete to come out and say.

Rob Parker crossed the line. the saliency of race cannot be denied in professional sports, but it is not something that should be negotiated through the media, it is something extremely personal and controversial and I wish we'd stop focusing so much on it and deflecting attention away from a phenomenal athlete and what he has done this season. THAT should be the story
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #81
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Thats true rg3 has been amazing this year. Black or not he is a great qb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
I understand what he's trying to say but he did not say it the right way at all. First of all, he shouldn't be saying it on a sports show. let's leave race out of it.

RGIII has probably experienced racism all his life (from Louisiana no?) but for someone to deny and strip him of that oppression in such a boneheaded way is just appalling.

The point RGIII has been reinforcing is that sports writers should stop talking about him as a "black QB" because he wants to be the GOAT QB regardless of colour. He is not shirking or abandoning his blackness, he is trying to embrace his greatness regardless of who his fans are. He has a lot of fans? sure he said he will embrace that, but the colour of his fans skin or his for that matter is the last thing he wants people to consider when they look back at his career. that is respectable enough for such a young athlete to come out and say.

Rob Parker crossed the line. the saliency of race cannot be denied in professional sports, but it is not something that should be negotiated through the media, it is something extremely personal and controversial and I wish we'd stop focusing so much on it and deflecting attention away from a phenomenal athlete and what he has done this season. THAT should be the story
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #82
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wow you're a cornball kid. Why do you type like an idiot? Its a habit huh?

this fool..

- Y U so Rustled?

- U always piping in with yo $0.02.....You Rosco lookin MuF@ka...

- (switches on the 1080 X 1920 Full HD plus stereoscopic projector....put's in the TDKR from my Batman Trilogy set).....Hey even when the Directors cut comes out...Imma get that too....(eats some coconut shrimp...)

not everyone works at Mcdonalds son......(throws some quarters on the floor)....go pick that up ....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #83
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Rob parker wasnt speaking on his belief he was speaking for his community.....

"Oh hai guyz, I'm here on behalf of the Barbershop Coalition of Blackness to find out if this brother is real or if he's a fakeass, Uncle Tom sellout motherfucker."
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #84
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I'm kinda bummed. All we talk about at my barbershop is soybean farming.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #85
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
"Oh hai guyz, I'm here on behalf of the Barbershop Coalition of Blackness to find out if this brother is real or if he's a fakeass, Uncle Tom sellout motherfucker."

look we get it....ur a an incompetent jackass that refuses to open your mind.u can stop posting now...as u can see this thread has been over.continue your miserable life.thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #86
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
look we get it....ur a an incompetent jackass that refuses to open your mind.u can stop posting now...as u can see this thread has been over.continue your miserable life.thanks
"We?" You don't think people have been agreeing with you, do you?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #87
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
this fool..

- Y U so Rustled?

- U always piping in with yo $0.02.....You Rosco lookin MuF@ka...

- (switches on the 1080 X 1920 Full HD plus stereoscopic projector....put's in the TDKR from my Batman Trilogy set).....Hey even when the Directors cut comes out...Imma get that too....(eats some coconut shrimp...)

not everyone works at Mcdonalds son......(throws some quarters on the floor)....go pick that up ....

The sad part is you are of age yet you choose to type like a child. Elementary insults? That is the best you can pull out your ass after making a living talkin from it? Solid.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #88
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
LMAO HELL NAH DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?

What that wasn't discussed in the barbershop while youwere getting a fade?!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #89
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What that wasn't discussed in the barbershop while youwere getting a fade?!

still on my d.i.c.k????

please.....please get off. i dont swing that way.thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #90
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
"We?" You don't think people have been agreeing with you, do you?

did i say that???? goodbye
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: