Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #76
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Foreign Girl Experience (Long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
You call bailing the night before something you were very much looking forward to and shorting you on plane tix you bought for her as "too nice"? There has been a lot in your story so if I have that mixed up let me know.

The fact that you think that YOU could have possibly been the asshole in that situation is telling; once she puts you in a f*cked up position like that any reaction you may have is justified. These girls are twisting your mind to where you're wondering what's wrong with yourself. When you're the only normal one in the bunch.

And I don't doubt these girls will keep calling you. They know you're the only guy they know that will treat them with respect. Like I said, these girls definitely like you, there's no denying that; and although I'm not in your shoes, from what you've said I feel with a fair degree of certainty that these girls don't care about you.

The plane ticket thing is fair, but that was a last minute family emergency thing, and I'll get the rest of the money when she gets back. She's just been all over. That a fair assessment of the info you have, but her I have a good feel for. I just don't like her that much.

The dog thing is probably more worrisome, but again, I've been playing poker with this girl for a year plus now. I know her coming up with a couple grand over a month isn't that big a deal for her. But yeah, that was not the high point for me. And I'm glad that I pushed it off until she moved on from it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #77
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I appreciate the advice, and I don't think I'd deny your observations at all. But taking a stab like this is sort of how you figure this shit out.
The fact is is that the Tattooed girl is has her own issues, but he treatment of me has been if anything too nice. And the Russian girl has also been great. The only one who's put me through the ringer has been Ai, and it was really only the one night. I could have been more agressive, and more of an asshole, but that wouldn't have made things any better. At heart I'm a pragmatist, I dealt with a bad situation the best I could and moved on. I tried to reconcile for a couple of days, then walked away, and just happened to bump into them this weekend. Again, I could have been an asshole, but that's just not my thing. I was polite, managed to tell her what I wanted to tell her, and left.

And she actually just called me now.

Are you drunk posting? Your grammar is uncharacteristically bad. Either that or you're starting to sound like Aisha.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #78
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Am I the only one who finds this whole saga damn depressing?
yea... like an irish writer giving the 40% glorious / 60% painful blow-by-blow. only involving crazy russians and hot girls... not the english. something like that.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #79
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

From what you've written so far Thorp, one thing I would find troubling are all these sketchy Russian dudes these chicks seem to be associated with. Maybe I've just seen to many mobster flicks.

Of course your world is a lot different from mine. I'm in no position to offer any advice.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #80
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

i'm just ****ing scared of russians
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #81
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Update? You wrote that she called...I'm actually intrigued by this story.

PS, you really do need to post better pics of all three chicks
TheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #82
stevieming
Serious playground baller

stevieming has an OK reputation so far

It would seem that you wrote all these posts under influence, however they were still darn interesting....

Your life is definitely way edgier and different to mine!! 2 babies and countless nappy changes are what keeps me up at night!

Still I wouldn't trade.

I think pretty much all the other guys that made insightful points said it, and I'll chime in too, the poker chick is going to be nothing but tears and strife....but when you're in, you're in.

The only advice I would give is: try some other activities in other type of setting as oppose to poker in dodgy places...hey I like playing poker too, so i haven't got anything against poker...I guess what I am trying to say is best by paraphrasing the below

As a Chinese saying once goes, 近朱者赤,近墨者黑

A Chinese proverb similar to the English saying "Bad company corrupts good character", and extremely similar to the Greek proverb "A man is known by the company he keeps".

The origin of this saying lies in the way the Chinese used to prepare ink for writing and painting. There were two basic colours available in the ancient days: red (赤; ch) and black (黑; hēi). Red ink was known in Chinese as 朱砂墨 (zhū shā m), while black ink was simply called 墨 (m). To prepare the ink, one had to grind an ink-stick in an ink container (about as big as an ash tray), taking care that one's long sleeves stayed out of the way. Grinding the ink-stick often meant that the ink would stain your fingers (or sleeves, if you were careless or inept). Therefore, another person could always tell which ink you were using by the colours on your hands.
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: