Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #46
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm looking for a new team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
I was a Laker fan, the biggest that ever was. I was a Laker fan from the time I moved out to California from PA in the late 60s caravan of dreams.... and when I got there I discovered the Sixers had traded Wilt to the Lakers.

I went through the Elgin Baylor debacles and yeah he was great but the worst kind of choker you ever did see... then the Lakers finally got rid of his deadwood @ss and promptly reeled off 33 victories in a row & won a ring... heartbreak when Kareem showed up but couldn't win rings or even playoffs some years.... Magic & Riley & Showtime years....... through the lousy 90s and the redemption of the Shaqobe days.... watched carefully how people ignored or belittled one of the truest leaders the NBA has ever seen, namely Derek Fisher.... I wasn't ever all that happy with Pau Gasol but it's hard to argue with championships.

Ups and downs I stayed with my team. 40 years and more.

All the way until Bynum and Odom destroyed my ancient allegiance by beating up on little JJ Barea in the playoffs. Right in front of Phil Jackson in his last rodeo. The sportsmanship they showed in those playoffs was so bad that all love for my team, every last drop, died right then and there.

My entire world collapsed around me. Life as I knew it had ended. Desperate for some connection to a world gone crazy...

I had followed hoops since we sat in the Spectrum in Philly (edit i must be getting old but can't forget the old convention hall either!!) and watched the Sixers just destroy Russell's Celtics. Now I was just........ drifting aimlessly in a fog. Finally it got so bad that I joined a internet basketball bulletin board

Slowly, I was able to recover a little balance, and I realized that in a way..... I was free. I could choose to be any kind of fan I wanted.
I could be a LeBronstan - well, no, I couldn't do that. But I could just watch coaches, or be a fan of teams that play iso ball or - anything I wanted!!

So I decided I would find the best unknown Center in the League and be a fan of his team. And it was like the waters parted because who should arrive on the scene almost instantly but Nicola Pekovic.

Now I'm waiting for Rubio to return, watching people fling mud at our star Forward, laughing while we utterly destroy keys across America and fully expecting playoff victories within the next 2 years if the evil Kahn doesn't wreck everything first!!

So that's how I got divorced and became a fan of a new team.

And you can do it too
you need to post more often brother
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #47
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
2.65 post per day equaling a total of more than 1100 posts in a year? I think that's enough...
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #48
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1

Agreed, he posts some good stuff.

La Frescobaldi - Do you have any stories/anecdotes from the NBA back in the day you wanna share? I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the 60s/70s Lakers...
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #49
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

People like this shouldn't be sports fans. They don't understand what it means to support a team.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #50
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Agreed, he posts some good stuff.

La Frescobaldi - Do you have any stories/anecdotes from the NBA back in the day you wanna share? I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the 60s/70s Lakers...

Yeah, we would like to hear all those stories!

Mr. Jabbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #51
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

The Lakers have spoiled us fans for the last 30 years. Now when things are tough some fans want to bail?
There's a word for you: B!tches.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #52
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

typical LA Fakers fan.

The Clips will be kings of that city for a long time. Fakers are done, stick a fork in em.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #53
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

Fair weather fans suck
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #54
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
The Lakers have spoiled us fans for the last 30 years. Now when things are tough some fans want to bail?
There's a word for you: B!tches.

Most of these douchebags, like the OP, are Kobe apostles; i.e. post 2006 fans.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #55
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdom
Dear ISH!

It has come to my attention that Mike D'Antoni can not coach, it has hurt me deep down watching a team I love lose and get humiliated by teams they should destroy while Mike sits at the bench and shakes his head. Well it is over from this day I do not love the Lakers no more I will not support the Lakers nor this system where players are forced to play in a way that does not fit them!

From this day the 13 December I'm officially offering my allegiance to a team that can play like a team and it would be a plus if they had a winning record, suggestions will be accepted but teams that are excluded from consideration are the Lakers, Hawks and the Bucks.

I will get back to liking the Lakers the day they fire Mike D'Antoni and maybe someday I will love them again

Best regards

LamarOdom!

People who leave when things get tough are weak.

Youre weak, you show a lack of character. Youre probably like that in real life, ditch your friends when its convenient, when its not fun anymore.

Cant stand people like you.

You pick a team and stick with it unless something completely extreme occurs such as 30 years of poor management with the Clippers for example
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #56
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
People who leave when things get tough are weak.

Youre weak, you show a lack of character. Youre probably like that in real life, ditch your friends when its convenient, when its not fun anymore.

Cant stand people like you.

You pick a team and stick with it unless something completely extreme occurs such as 30 years of poor management with the Clippers for example

thats not even an excuse. You just take it and when your team starts doing well you go on a posting/xtassy rampage ala clippersfan and take over an internet board.
Mr. Jabbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #57
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
thats not even an excuse. You just take it and when your team starts doing well you go on a posting/xtassy rampage ala clippersfan and take over an internet board.

Lol.

Well poor decisions and blatant mismanagement are 2 different things. There were rumors Sterling never cared about winning as long as his team made a profit. He was said to not mind drafing in the lottery every year because the contracts were much cheaper than what hed have to pay for signing a veteran.
He had a low cost business model, keep expenses as cheap as possible to maximize profit. 30 years of a guy like Sterling could make me hate a team.

But how could a Laker fan jump ship? The most decorated franchise in basketball history. If you guys didnt win another title for 30 years the Laker pedigree could still stand head to head with any franchise
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #58
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

that you on the bottom with the oar, OP?

Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #59
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

I don't know about the rest of you muthaf**kas but I'm going down with the ship. Anybody that wants to get in one of those escape rowboats won't be missed.

Is this really D'Antoni's fault? He's coaching an old team with 3 or 4 guys injured. No training camp, very few practices. Terrible bench. The reality is that there isn't a lot of talent and hustle on this team outside of Kobe and Dwight. Great team on paper but that's why they play the games.

This ain't my first rodeo. I was concerned about Mike Brown, our age and our lack of athleticism before the pre-season started. I'm upset but I'm not surprised by the mess we are in now. Be patient and lets see what happens.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #60
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdom
Dear ISH!

It has come to my attention that Mike D'Antoni can not coach, it has hurt me deep down watching a team I love lose and get humiliated by teams they should destroy while Mike sits at the bench and shakes his head. Well it is over from this day I do not love the Lakers no more I will not support the Lakers nor this system where players are forced to play in a way that does not fit them!

From this day the 13 December I'm officially offering my allegiance to a team that can play like a team and it would be a plus if they had a winning record, suggestions will be accepted but teams that are excluded from consideration are the Lakers, Hawks and the Bucks.

I will get back to liking the Lakers the day they fire Mike D'Antoni and maybe someday I will love them again

Best regards

LamarOdom!

You're allowed to leave, the true fans don't like closet bandwagoners who only come out when the chips are down.

So please,

Choose the red team:
\

or the blue:
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: