Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014
 
d.bball.guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,464
d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmer
You can take Arenas off the list.
And Blatche
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #17
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,002
hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
The Nene move was great tho. They screwed the rest up tho and now Nene is on the bench for the Wizards...if that doesn't bring the lol's then I don't know what does. Wall is going to request a trade and I think it's obvious.

Send Nene to Atlanta.
We have a bunch of expirers to send out and can send a protected first round pick.
The Wizards clear out playing time for Seraphin and Vesely and get a first round pick and expirers in return.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #18
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,397
TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Should have pulled the trigger on any Harden trade possible. Obviously OKC wasn't interested in Wall. What a missed opportunity.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,050
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Should have pulled the trigger on any Harden trade possible. Obviously OKC wasn't interested in Wall. What a missed opportunity.

With Lebron, Wade, Rose, etc, in the east they probably wouldn't be serious contenders, so they'd be where they were with Arenas (paying alot of money for first/second round exits). Albeit, they'd be alot of fun to watch.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #20
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Send Nene to Atlanta.
We have a bunch of expirers to send out and can send a protected first round pick.
The Wizards clear out playing time for Seraphin and Vesely and get a first round pick and expirers in return.



That's literally stealing. Nene for expirers...if Washington is that stupid tho, push it.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #21
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,397
TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
With Lebron, Wade, Rose, etc, in the east they probably wouldn't be serious contenders, so they'd be where they were with Arenas (paying alot of money for first/second round exits). Albeit, they'd be alot of fun to watch.

That's no reason to deny a Harden trade. Instead they are stuck with mediocre and overplayed players.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
With Lebron, Wade, Rose, etc, in the east they probably wouldn't be serious contenders, so they'd be where they were with Arenas (paying alot of money for first/second round exits). Albeit, they'd be alot of fun to watch.



They have to start somewhere...otherwise they may as well trade Wall for draft picks and try to suck until Miami is on their way down. If true then that's one of the great missed pickups...ever.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #23
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,397
TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
They have to start somewhere...otherwise they may as well trade Wall for draft picks and try to suck until Miami is on their way down. If true then that's one of the great missed pickups...ever.

This. Clearly OKC didn't ask for Wall in return, I'm amazed that the Wizards turned down ANY deal for Harden.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:54 AM   #24
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,050
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
That's no reason to deny a Harden trade. Instead they are stuck with mediocre and overplayed players.

To be fair, John Wall hasn't even played a game this season.

Plus, with the changes to luxury tax, budgets are only going to get tighter.

Just like OKC did, you kinda have to see if your rookies pan out.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #25
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,002
hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
That's literally stealing. Nene for expirers...if Washington is that stupid tho, push it.

They clear out cap space.
The Hawks could send out Devin Harris and Anthony Morrow, who are certainly capable players.
Harris backs up Wall and sometimes runs with him. Certainly better at playmaking than Crawford is.
Morrow helps spread the floor.
The Hawks wouldn't be sending out guys who can't contribute.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #26
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
They clear out cap space.
The Hawks could send out Devin Harris and Anthony Morrow, who are certainly capable players.
Harris backs up Wall and sometimes runs with him. Certainly better at playmaking than Crawford is.
Morrow helps spread the floor.
The Hawks wouldn't be sending out guys who can't contribute.



But Washington just took on two stupid contracts in Okafor and Ariza...they would be stupid to get rid of the one they should keep. The only argument I could see is that Okafor and Ariza expire at the same time Wall is a RFA.

But Nene was someone for Wall to play with and a quality player who could still be one of the better players at either PF or C. But they're using him off the bench, which is hilarious.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #27
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,397
TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
To be fair, John Wall hasn't even played a game this season.

All the more of a reason to be amazed they were even offered a trade for Harden in the first place. Turning it down was a beyond terrible move.

Quote:
Plus, with the changes to luxury tax, budgets are only going to get tighter.

Precisely a reason to move one or more of your huge unnecessary contracts in Nene/Okafor/Ariza. Not to mention (even though it isn't going against the payroll) they still have to pay Blatche a substantial amount of money to not be on their roster.

Quote:
Just like OKC did, you kinda have to see if your rookies pan out.

Beal's ceiling probably isn't as high as Harden is playing right now.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
All the more of a reason to be amazed they were even offered a trade for Harden in the first place. Turning it down was a beyond terrible move.



Precisely a reason to move one or more of your huge unnecessary contracts in Nene/Okafor/Ariza. Not to mention (even though it isn't going against the payroll) they still have to pay Blatche a substantial amount of money to not be on their roster.



Beal's ceiling probably isn't as high as Harden is playing right now.



And the Thunder would have been smart to ask for Nene. You talk about a guy who's perfect for them.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #29
SCdac
Very good NBA starter
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,050
SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Beal's ceiling probably isn't as high as Harden is playing right now.

Even if it's close, I think it's a good move. I guess I just don't see Harden as the next coming of Jordan. Players like him will pop up in the draft almost every year IMO. Okafor and Ariza is a stark contrast to throwing 80 million at one player when you know Wall is going to get the max too. Financially, I can understand that team being hesitant after the whole Arenas ordeal.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #30
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Even if it's close, I think it's a good move. I guess I just don't see Harden as the next coming of Jordan. Players like him will pop up in the draft almost every year IMO. Okafor and Ariza is a stark contrast to throwing 80 million at one player when you know Wall is going to get the max too. Financially, I can understand that team being hesitant after the whole Arenas ordeal.



One of the 3-4 (and I only say 4 because I always hold out for Ginobili) CURRENT best SG's in the league is gonna come along every year?


Guys like him don't ever come out. His quality, as well as his game.


It's the sort of no move that kills a franchise. They suck. Guy is a beast. Washington would be a 2nd round team by the time Wall gets a contract.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy