Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #31
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Washington Wizards. Worse FO of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Even if it's close, I think it's a good move. I guess I just don't see Harden as the next coming of Jordan. Players like him will pop up in the draft almost every year IMO. Okafor and Ariza is a stark contrast to throwing 80 million at one player when you know Wall is going to get the max too. Financially, I can understand that team being hesitant after the whole Arenas ordeal.

1. Harden doesn't need to be the next Jordan for this to be a good move. He would be a piece to the puzzle but he instantly makes that team much better than they currently are (which is the laughing stock of the NBA).
2. You are vastly underrating Harden. He's a top 5 SG in the league right now.
3. If being scared is what is keeping them from making moves that take the team in the right direction then the entire front office should be fired.
TMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #32
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
One of the 3-4 (and I only say 4 because I always hold out for Ginobili) CURRENT best SG's in the league is gonna come along every year?

Guys like him don't ever come out. His quality, as well as his game.

It's the sort of no move that kills a franchise. They suck. Guy is a beast. Washington would be a 2nd round team by the time Wall gets a contract.

Agree to disagree. Got to remember Harden is in his 4th year, so the jury should still be out on Beal. In such a guard heavy league, I do think we're going to see plenty of them in every draft. I'm not saying he's not badass - obviously he is - but I don't think he's that rare of a commodity. Personally, I think once Okafor is off the books (or perhaps use his expiring contract next season) they should look for a franchise big.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #33
SCdac

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
1. Harden doesn't need to be the next Jordan for this to be a good move. He would be a piece to the puzzle but he instantly makes that team much better than they currently are (which is the laughing stock of the NBA).
2. You are vastly underrating Harden. He's a top 5 SG in the league right now.
3. If being scared is what is keeping them from making moves that take the team in the right direction then the entire front office should be fired.

Like I said, if it doesn't really spell championship, what's the point? To be an entertaining second round team? Harden is not the only great player out there, regardless of if OKC was dangling him in front of the Wizards. A second round team is better than what they are now, but it's also reminiscent of what they were with Arenas/Butler/Jamison. Color me frugal, idk.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #34
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Agree to disagree. Got to remember Harden is in his 4th year, so the jury should still be out on Beal. In such a guard heavy league, I do think we're going to see plenty of them in every draft. I'm not saying he's not badass - obviously he is - but I don't think he's that rare of a commodity. Personally, I think once Okafor is off the books (or perhaps use his expiring contract next season) they should look for a franchise big.

What franchise big is going to join a team that sucks and whose best player is going into his 5th season and hasn't yet made the playoffs? In the East?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #35
SCdac

Quote:
What franchise big is going to join a team that sucks and whose best player is going into his 5th season and hasn't yet made the playoffs? In the East?

I'm not sure of who the FA's will be at the time, or what the upcoming drafts look like, but I'm sure there will be options.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #36
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
I'm not sure of who the FA's will be at the time, or what the upcoming drafts look like, but I'm sure there will be options.

I understand there will be options, but why would those options be drawn to the Wizards, if the Wizards suck? Who are they jumping to play with?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:34 AM   #37
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Like I said, if it doesn't really spell championship, what's the point? To be an entertaining second round team? Harden is not the only great player out there, regardless of if OKC was dangling him in front of the Wizards. A second round team is better than what they are now, but it's also reminiscent of what they were with Arenas/Butler/Jamison. Color me frugal, idk.

So you're saying a trade that makes you an immediate championship contender are the only trades you should make? Tell me, how often do those kind of trades come around?

The Wizards aren't attracting any big free agents the way they are currently constructed and they obviously need a complete redo. Wall and Harden is a great spot to start at, and if they aren't feeling it who says they have to offer either an extension anyway?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #38
SCdac

Quote:
I understand there will be options, but why would those options be drawn to the Wizards, if the Wizards suck? Who are they jumping to play with?

Eh, money talks. How did they sign Nene? Not saying they're the most attractive team, or than Nene is some kind of Shaq, but if they can offer alot of money the player will come. Can't offer that kind of money if it's tied up in Wall and Harden, who would be fun to watch and look good on paper but I question if they'd be able to thrive together anyways (Wall seems like he needs the ball in his hands alot to be significant in the NBA).
Old 12-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #39
SCdac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
So you're saying a trade that makes you an immediate championship contender are the only trades you should make? Tell me, how often do those kind of trades come around?

I'm saying, I understand why they didn't pull the trigger on that particular trade (they said Harden would cost too much, basically). I'm not saying that they should turn down every trade of every size.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #40
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
Eh, money talks. How did they sign Nene? Not saying they're the most attractive team, or than Nene is some kind of Shaq, but if they can offer alot of money the player will come. Can't offer that kind of money if it's tied up in Wall and Harden, who would be fun to watch and look good on paper but I question if they'd be able to thrive together anyways (Wall seems like he needs the ball in his hands alot to be significant in the NBA).

Nene was traded for Javale McGee.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #41
SCdac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Nene was traded for Javale McGee.

Ah right.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #42
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:

Nene was acquired via trade for McGee.

Wouldn't the same be said of Isiah Thomas? Contrary to popular opinion, Joe Dumars was not just a shooter. As a scorer, he kinda was. But he was drafted out of college as a PG and Detroit immediately sought to play him as a combo guard with Isiah. That Pistons offense was backcourt centric. And Thomas wasn't even a very good shooter outside the mid-range and off his own dribble. They obviously worked.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 12-15-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #43
SCdac

Quote:
Nene was acquired via trade for McGee.

Wouldn't the same be said of Isiah Thomas? Contrary to popular opinion, Joe Dumars was not just a shooter. As a scorer, he kinda was. But he was drafted out of college as a PG and Detroit immediately sought to play him as a combo guard with Isiah. That Pistons offense was backcourt centric. And Thomas wasn't even a very good outside the mid-range and off his own dribble. They obviously worked.

Something tells me the defense coming from Thomas/Dumars was alot better than the defense Wall/Harden would provide. None the less, I get what you're saying about the offense. Isiah was a legit All Star/All NBA/HOFer and it's tough to project John Wall as that yet. Considering what I've seen of Lin and Harden, and the way Harden thrived off the OKC bench, I just question if they get the most of both Wall/Harden because they're not exactly getting coached by Daly.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: