Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people
Default Money the root of all evil?

I used to laugh at that statement. But the older I get I think the way our life has become I realize that building our lives around money is very harmful for society. Everybody wants to protect their theirselves and loved ones but money becomes a compulsion and no matter how much you get it's never enough. Have you ever heard a grown adult say " I have too much money." I also feel social class has become the new racism. We live in a world where people believe in equality is theory only.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Money the root of all evil?

It isn't money itself. Money itself has no power.

Human desire that leads to greed is what causes the world's ills. Money is just the medium.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Humanity is a dangerous mix of greed, laziness, and stupidity
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

Human desire that leads to greed is what causes the world's ills. Money is just the medium.
Ultimately yes, you carry in heart who you will become in the world. Money doesn't change who you are it exposes what person you really are.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

Correct.

The quote is not "money is the root of all evil".

It is "For the love of money is the root of all evil." (1 Timothy 6:10)
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Correct.

+1
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

No, its people's selfish distribution and rationality. Money only has value if you let it go. It needs to circulate, or it becomes stagnant and valueless.

In my own opinion, the correct wording would be "the unbridled lust for more and more money is the root of all evil."
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Humanities greed is a hole that cannot be filled. Heck, even when they actually don't have the means people still buy things they don't need with money they don't have.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
MMM
877-954-1893

I liked the way Styles P put it

Quote:
Styles P
"Money is the root of evil
How they print, "in God we Trust" knowing what you do to people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1w0tCvMqYE
Old 12-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Correct.

The love of tangible things
TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No.

There is no good or evil.

There is only our animal nature and our higher consciousness and the environment necessary to bring out the best in us.

It is lack of consistent morality and sh!tty leadership that is the root of fukkin scum proliferating.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Money is not evil. Greed is evil. It's the desire to get more than one deserves. A manifestation of it is the privileges given to the rich by the government which entitle them to steal the products of other people's labor.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Gotta love the people that are so obsessed with making money. They'll block out their friends and family to make an extra dime. Most of these people don't even half the time to use it. work work work
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Gotta love the people that are so obsessed with making money. They'll block out their friends and family to make an extra dime. Most of these people don't even half the time to use it. work work work
and if the only alternative is poverty, would you fault them?
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: