Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Money the root of all evil?

LAWL there was evil in the world before money and coinage. Back in ancient Ireland for example when there was no coinage, people were declaring war on each other to steal cattle.

"We are becoming a world where people live in equality in theory only"

That is how it has always been since the beginning of humanity. Learn history. Deal with it.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
and if the only alternative is poverty, would you fault them?

Rather be broke together
than rich alone
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
LAWL there was evil in the world before money and coinage.

"We are becoming a world where people live in equality in theory only"

That is how it has always been since the beginning of humanity. Learn history. Deal with it.

no reason to be handcuffed to our history or we would probably just end up as another failed mutation
Old 12-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Humanity is a dangerous mix of greed, laziness, and stupidity
99% of people are lazy, stupid and selfish and self interested, yes. The solution is don't surround yourself with these kinds of people. I started ditching all of my "friends" who had these qualities last year and my entire quality of living has shot up and gone forward exponentially. I suggest everyone do the same. Don't force yourself to carry dead weight.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
keepinitreal
Great young streetballer

keepinitreal has decent reputationkeepinitreal has decent reputation

There are lots of people who clean public bathrooms, and they only do it for money. Are they evil? Greedy?

As a kid, you'll hear, "do what you love to do," but if you only were concerned what you like to do and not what others would like, then wouldn't that be selfish? For example, I would personally like to be in Hawaii right now eating delicious foods. That's what I would love to do, but nobody else is going to want to develop/improve the technology for me to fly to Hawaii or even harvest and cook delicious foods for me.. the people who do these things do them for money so they can trade money for other things they enjoy. That makes perfect sense to me.

Is bartering evil? If not, isn't money a more efficient way of bartering?

And ultimately, assuming you have pointed out a problem with money (though I don't see the problem), what is your solution?
keepinitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxhjtMi3MKM
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
and if the only alternative is poverty, would you fault them?

Would you train 3 hours a day every day to become a better basketball player, yet never play basketball?
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
no reason to be handcuffed to our history or we would probably just end up as another failed mutation
WTF? You don't understand. Human history tells us what human nature is. You are a fool if you expect it to change
Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #24
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
WTF? You don't understand. Human history tells us what human nature is. You are a fool if you expect it to change

I know what human nature is but yes change has occurred throughout human history. There are things that were cultural norms just a few decades ago that we now consider beyond the pale.

In this own thread, you claimed how change impacted your life positively. If an individual can improve/reform than it would be illogical to say we can't expect change in humanity.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #25
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man

TheFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
99% of people are lazy, stupid and selfish and self interested, yes. The solution is don't surround yourself with these kinds of people. I started ditching all of my "friends" who had these qualities last year and my entire quality of living has shot up and gone forward exponentially. I suggest everyone do the same. Don't force yourself to carry dead weight.

I will follow this advice... maybe it can change my life too.
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #26
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If it's not money it's something else. It all stems from man and what we've created. So the root of all evil is technically man because we condition ourselves that way.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: