Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people
Default This Librarian Drove me "Batty" Today

I checked out a copy of "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns pt 1" from the local public library this morning. I saw it before but wanted to watch it again this weekend. I was impressed.

On the way home I noticed that the librarian had accidentally given me 1992's "Batman Returns" with Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito instead. The same thing happened the first time I borrowed this film. Honest enough mistake and I just walked back to the library and politely asked for the right disc. But then the librarian got all freaked out and just said "No, that's Batman Returns."

"But it's not the right one" I said and pointed out the full title on the box.

"Batman is Batman." she said and just kind of crossed her arms.

Without wanting to lecture her about how off base she was acting I just repeated that it was the wrong disc. Lucky for me, a library volunteer intervened and got the right disc for me.

The librarian said "I hate those videos anyway."

She also asked my friend "who would want to read Keith Richard's bio?" when he checked it out.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: This Librarian Drove me "Batty" Today

As someone who's worked in libraries for awhile now, I apologize on behalf of the profession that you had such a dumbass helping you.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
I checked out a copy of "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns pt 1" from the local public library this morning. I saw it before but wanted to watch it again this weekend. I was impressed.

On the way home I noticed that the librarian had accidentally given me 1992's "Batman Returns" with Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito instead. The same thing happened the first time I borrowed this film. Honest enough mistake and I just walked back to the library and politely asked for the right disc. But then the librarian got all freaked out and just said "No, that's Batman Returns."

Without wanting to lecture her about how off base she was acting I just repeated that it was the wrong disc. Lucky for me, a library volunteer intervened and got the right disc for me.

She also asked my friend "who would want to read Keith Richard's bio?" when he checked it out.

what race are you and what race is she?
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy

you should file a complaint with her boss. She cant act like that to patrons.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Come on man, who doesn't love a good superhero flick where Danny Devito plays the main badguy?
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why do you act like she gave you Batman Forever?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Why do you act like she gave you Batman Forever?
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: