Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far
Default Kobe and Dwight...

Hey Guys,

Check this out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...m_campaign=nba
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kobe and Dwight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax

Not a surprise here, if the team was winning then they would be happy......we would all be happy.......but this is the danger when you hire a terrible coach, it disrupts the entire team. I don't see how Dwight could possibly be happy with the way he is being misused. I don't think I have ever seen a coach misplay a roster the way 'Antoni has......I mean common sense is to play to their strengths and put them in places where they will be successful.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Not a surprise here, if the team was winning then they would be happy......we would all be happy.......but this is the danger when you hire a terrible coach, it disrupts the entire team. I don't see how Dwight could possibly be happy with the way he is being misused. I don't think I have ever seen a coach misplay a roster the way 'Antoni has......I mean common sense is to play to their strengths and put them in places where they will be successful.

Then Dwight should take it up with D'Antoni, not another team member. Although, I'm sure Kobe is not the easiest person in the world to work with.

Regarding misplaying a roster the way D'Antoni has, I believe you said the same exact thing about Mike Brown. All being said, I think Laker management is lost.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Then Dwight should take it up with D'Antoni, not another team member. Although, I'm sure Kobe is not the easiest person in the world to work with.

Regarding misplaying a roster the way D'Antoni has, I believe you said the same exact thing about Mike Brown. All being said, I think Laker management is lost.

I've got the Mamba by KO in the 10th round.....who y'all got????

Yes, I said the same thing about Mike Brown but he misplayed the roster in different....well mostly different.....when have you seen coaches with Twin Towers having one of them shoot 3's Why doesn't 'Antoni look at film from successful big men combos and follow what works......seriously, it IS that simple.

It's only Jimmy Buss who is lost......but I know more than enough about him to know he cannot run a team.....Jeanie is the only brain left in the family.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am usually the biggest criticizer on this laker forum. However, I stand by him here. From the beginning Dwight has a great game and everyone is talking about it being a wonderful move. He has 5 games in a row where he barely contributes offensively and suddenly "his back isn't fully healed yet." I've never been impressed by Dwight Howard. He looks exactly how he was as a rookie. All that time spent with Hakeem O was a big waste. No improvement in his game whatsoever.

There is at some point where you can blame the coach for not using him effectively, in which case I will give the nod to DK. But there's a lot more to Dwight Howard now than what a system shows out. The man isn't aggressive enough.

Now how does a good coach make the difference here? This is where we need Phil. Phil Jackson, unarguably the greatest teacher in the game, was always known for bringing the best out of his best and worst players. Literally all 15 players contributed to the best of their abilities on every Phil Jackson team. I wish we had him here in this case. We do not though.

"This town aint big enough for the two of us" is exactly whats happening. Are we going to continue to build around a 34 + year old Kobe, and then have Dwight leave later? Or are we going to build around a young star Dwight Howard, with Kobe getting disgruntled and not playing to the best of his ability? This is a tricky dilemma. It sucks to be a FO laker employee, and at this rate, a fan. This is too much now. Basketball isn't fun to watch anymore.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I am usually the biggest criticizer on this laker forum. However, I stand by him here. From the beginning Dwight has a great game and everyone is talking about it being a wonderful move. He has 5 games in a row where he barely contributes offensively and suddenly "his back isn't fully healed yet." I've never been impressed by Dwight Howard. He looks exactly how he was as a rookie. All that time spent with Hakeem O was a big waste. No improvement in his game whatsoever.

There is at some point where you can blame the coach for not using him effectively, in which case I will give the nod to DK. But there's a lot more to Dwight Howard now than what a system shows out. The man isn't aggressive enough.

Now how does a good coach make the difference here? This is where we need Phil. Phil Jackson, unarguably the greatest teacher in the game, was always known for bringing the best out of his best and worst players. Literally all 15 players contributed to the best of their abilities on every Phil Jackson team. I wish we had him here in this case. We do not though.

"This town aint big enough for the two of us" is exactly whats happening. Are we going to continue to build around a 34 + year old Kobe, and then have Dwight leave later? Or are we going to build around a young star Dwight Howard, with Kobe getting disgruntled and not playing to the best of his ability? This is a tricky dilemma. It sucks to be a FO laker employee, and at this rate, a fan. This is too much now. Basketball isn't fun to watch anymore.

Beautifully said LF

Chemistry begins with the belief in the system and how it is working for the individual within it, without that fundamental aspect, players don't usually feel comfortable enough to bond.....they are just not that happy.

I hate losing, but have always been able to accept it if there is a real reason for it and you have done the best you can do.
It hurts me that we have a coach who only puts effort into offense....nothing else, not ever and even when it is clear to the newest basketball fan that we need to rebound and play defense, 'Antoni still will not give the team what it needs......how can anyone call that trying?

Dwight did not come here to run around the outside, be a facilitator or take only 10 shots per game. He's not happy with that.....If I were him i would be pissed off too, he thinks higher of himself, what he has achieved and what he can achieve to suddenly become an afterthought in this system......he knows that there in not another coach in America that would use him this way.......he expects more just like WE expect more.

I'm sure if any of us were in his shoes we would be unhappy that Kobe puts up 25 shots a game and then irate that Metta, Meeks and others get to take more shots....I mean seriously....Jodie Meeks??? That's like having Smush lead the offense ahead of Kobe
We need to feed the big dog in the post and let him work!!!!!
Kobe will still get his shots and points.

Yeah, LF.......this is hard to watch......harder to watch than MB.

You know......Bernie would be a very cheap replacement for 'Antoni.....just saying
Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Beautifully said LF

Chemistry begins with the belief in the system and how it is working for the individual within it, without that fundamental aspect, players don't usually feel comfortable enough to bond.....they are just not that happy.

I hate losing, but have always been able to accept it if there is a real reason for it and you have done the best you can do.
It hurts me that we have a coach who only puts effort into offense....nothing else, not ever and even when it is clear to the newest basketball fan that we need to rebound and play defense, 'Antoni still will not give the team what it needs......how can anyone call that trying?

Dwight did not come here to run around the outside, be a facilitator or take only 10 shots per game. He's not happy with that.....If I were him i would be pissed off too, he thinks higher of himself, what he has achieved and what he can achieve to suddenly become an afterthought in this system......he knows that there in not another coach in America that would use him this way.......he expects more just like WE expect more.

I'm sure if any of us were in his shoes we would be unhappy that Kobe puts up 25 shots a game and then irate that Metta, Meeks and others get to take more shots....I mean seriously....Jodie Meeks??? That's like having Smush lead the offense ahead of Kobe
We need to feed the big dog in the post and let him work!!!!!
Kobe will still get his shots and points.

Yeah, LF.......this is hard to watch......harder to watch than MB.

You know......Bernie would be a very cheap replacement for 'Antoni.....just saying

lol the MB part made me smile here. I feel like MB was better than what D'Antoni is doing but I didn't want to say anything in fear of being crucified. I mean shoot, at least with MB in his first season we had defense and we reached the 50 win mark with a second round playoff appearance.

In this season, Im willing to start bets that we don't even make the playoffs.

You know though, Bernie is a nice idea. I've always liked him. The players responded well to him. He's a very calm and patient coach. He's our best coach far this season. We ALMOST beat the spurs. lol
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol the MB part made me smile here. I feel like MB was better than what D'Antoni is doing but I didn't want to say anything in fear of being crucified. I mean shoot, at least with MB in his first season we had defense and we reached the 50 win mark with a second round playoff appearance.

In this season, Im willing to start bets that we don't even make the playoffs.

You know though, Bernie is a nice idea. I've always liked him. The players responded well to him. He's a very calm and patient coach. He's our best coach far this season. We ALMOST beat the spurs. lol

Hey, I'm just being honest.....things were bad with MB but this now is un-watchable
Had you said it.....what could I say I think we can all see this.
It's time to the plug on 'Antoni before a team wide revolt happens.

Have you ever seen a veteran bench guy score 30+ points and then can't get any run forever after that like Jamison???

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec...s-fyi-20121230
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: