Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
longhornfan1234
National High School Star

Default Would you rather die, or spend the rest of your life in maximum prison?

I'd rather rest with the worms. What is the point of living life, when you're not really living it? I would hate to wake up every morning, only to see metal bars.

Which option would you take?
longhornfan1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Default Re: Would you rather die, or spend the rest of your life in maximum prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
I'd rather rest with the worms. What is the point of living life, when you're not really living it? I would hate to wake up every morning, only to see metal bars.

Seeing as you could probably spoil something as great as skydiving or going to an awesoem house party with your retarded, boring, whining, b!tching personality; I'm sure you've never lived life. There's too much trash floating upstairs in your undeveloped head for you to really live in the moment.

I, being oh so awesome, would make the best of both.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Default Re: Would you rather die, or spend the rest of your life in maximum prison?

actually, the life you have now (free) only makes jail look like a very low life. but once you get use to jail life, there can be things that can be exciting to live for even thougth your in a jail cell for 23 hours a day.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
longhornfan1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
actually, the life you have now (free) only makes jail look like a very low life. but once you get use to jail life, there can be things that can be exciting to live for even thougth your in a jail cell for 23 hours a day.
1 hour of free time is exciting.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Quote:
1 hour of free time is exciting.

exactly, not to us, but the inmates, they get use to the 23 hourse of nothing, then 1 hour can be what they live for.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
longhornfan1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
exactly, not to us, but the inmates, they get use to the 23 hourse of nothing, then 1 hour can be what they live for.

I see your point.

Last edited by longhornfan1234 : 12-15-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
Math2
Local High School Star

I agree, if not for those reasons, but I don't think I could bear knowing that I was just about to die when I was to be executed.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
ihoopallday
King James

Wouldn't feel too bad serving life in a Greenland prison. prisoners are "served breakfast buffets, allowed to go on snowy hikes, and given permission to handle firearms. They can also leave the premises during the day to go to work or school."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1181697.html

Last edited by ihoopallday : 12-15-2012 at 10:23 PM.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

can still write books, paint, make art, meditate, philosophize, attain knowledge, learn new skills, pick up anything, that sorta stuff...
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #10
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Making proclamations about end of life decisions are easy... as long as they're hypothetical or pertaining to someone else.

Having been in a situation where my demise seemed imminent, I can tell you that a lot of dispassionate thought goes right out the window in the interest of self preservation.

When it comes down to nut cuttin' time, there's a whole different perspective.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #11
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

live i suppose but i feel like by the end of my life in prison i would be insane
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
Stuckey
ifirtworld

as long as I dont get raped, I rather live
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #13
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

it's a deal, if I get a tablet along with 24 hours wifi. Tv shows, NBA league pass, games, skype, ebooks, comics, youtube. Definitely a much better deal than death.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #14
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:

You say that now you have something to lose. Once you have nothing, even the dreary and dangerous life of prison will be something.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Making proclamations about end of life decisions are easy... as long as they're hypothetical or pertaining to someone else.

Having been in a situation where my demise seemed imminent, I can tell you that a lot of dispassionate thought goes right out the window in the interest of self preservation.

When it comes down to nut cuttin' time, there's a whole different perspective.

What if you're delusional and have been raised on believing there is an AFterlife and it's a freedom that lifts you from all the burdens of physical Earth life and that every day and night you meditate 20 minutes a day on how you will die and imagine being torn apart and accepting that and choosing death?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: