Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gets awfully quiet in here when Rose hasn't been around..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Yeah, I pay for good season tickets every year. I buy licensed products. And even I understand the process better than you.

Throwing money at problems doesn't make things better. It actually makes things much worse, and in an era with the most punishing luxury tax in NBA history. :

But you can cry and complain all you want. Complaining is like wishing. You can complain in one hand and sh** in another.... guess what?
Im not advocating simply throwing out boatloads of money. But how many times have the Bulls been on the right track only to backwards steps when it comes time to pay players? Look at how many players weve passed up on or lost out on. And if your reply is players dont want to come to Chicago then Im comming back with why? The weather?

How many "plans" have we been fed? Remember the 00 plan? Which featured Duncan, Hill, and.Mcgrady.Then the 04 plan? Which featured Vince Carter. Then the 08 plan? Which featured Kevin Garnett. The 10 plan? Now were preparing for 12 plan. Which features Kevin Love.

Now theres a rumor that management is thinking about releasing Nate Robinson to get under the cap. This in spite of how well hes played. Thats not what I call showing an effort to put the best team you can on the court.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We have passed up on? Did you convince yourself that all of these deals were actually possible. Let me guess, you thought Dwight, Melo, Kobe, and possibly think Love are realistic trade possibilities. Do you also think Gar goes a day without taking a call from a GM in the league, and MAKING one too? Do you fault the Bulls for not signing LeBron and Wade? You are disillusioned. If one team can do it, then ALL teams would.

Stupid crybaby fans that complain when a team is in 4th seed while missing their #1 player. :smh:

ZOMG, we don't have LeBron, Dwight or Kobe, DISMANTLE, TRADE EVERYTHING! SIGN EVERY BIG NAME PLAYER POSSIBLE! Or else I'm going to cry some more.

Believe it or not (and frankly, I don't give a flying f*** if you do), but the Bulls are a great team, and built well. Great coach, great cast, and I LIKE GRIND basketball. To me, it's the best kind of basketball. Strategy > Skill, and when you have Strategy AND Skill(like we have), it's awesome and will ONLY GET BETTER.

Seriously, if you bitch about this, and consider fans supporting this current team, some form of complacency, you're a got dammed fool. Go find another team, nobody is asking your whiny ass to be a Bulls fan.

Last edited by Crystallas : 12-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
We have passed up on? Did you convince yourself that all of these deals were actually possible. Let me guess, you thought Dwight, Melo, Kobe, and possibly think Love are realistic trade possibilities. Do you also think Gar goes a day without taking a call from a GM in the league, and MAKING one too? Do you fault the Bulls for not signing LeBron and Wade? You are disillusioned. If one team can do it, then ALL teams would.

Stupid crybaby fans that complain when a team is in 4th seed while missing their #1 player. :smh:

ZOMG, we don't have LeBron, Dwight or Kobe, DISMANTLE, TRADE EVERYTHING! SIGN EVERY BIG NAME PLAYER POSSIBLE! Or else I'm going to cry some more.

Believe it or not (and frankly, I don't give a flying f*** if you do), but the Bulls are a great team, and built well. Great coach, great cast, and I LIKE GRIND basketball. To me, it's the best kind of basketball. Strategy > Skill, and when you have Strategy AND Skill(like we have), it's awesome and will ONLY GET BETTER.

Seriously, if you bitch about this, and consider fans supporting this current team, some form of complacency, you're a got dammed fool. Go find another team, nobody is asking your whiny ass to be a Bulls fan.
Be glad for fans like me.

Because if more were like you, considering some of the things that have come out of Reinsdorf mouth, the Bulls would be battling the Raptors for last place.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Be glad for fans like me.

Because if more were like you, considering some of the things that have come out of Reinsdorf mouth, the Bulls would be battling the Raptors for last place.

Because of fans like you, most good players don't want to play here.

I am anything but glad for crybabies like you. You're not a fan of the team. You just want to moan and complain. You're a fan of your own ego and anger.

Hey, there are 3 teams ahead of us in the east. Why don't you jump ship and root for one of them?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Because of fans like you, most good players don't want to play here.

I am anything but glad for crybabies like you. You're not a fan of the team. You just want to moan and complain. You're a fan of your own ego and anger.

Hey, there are 3 teams ahead of us in the east. Why don't you jump ship and root for one of them?
Hometown players like Wade and Garnett have publicly questioned the Bulls motivation to pur a contender on the court. They intentionally broke up a dynasty. Im not making this.stuff up bro. Are you really so naive that you believe all the big name FAs that were to be had since 98 dont want to come here because of the weather? That I blame on Reinsforf.

All the big trades that couldve been had? No shouldve been had. I blame the GM.

Im not saying they shouldve got every big name player. But none? Or the best they can boast is a washed up Ben Wallace, an even more washed up Jalen Rose, and Carlos Boozer.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #21
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Now you're bundling everything into one junk-drawer of criticism. This is why your assessments are far from accurate, you are demonstrating the absolute inability to sort matters out and get to root causes objectively.

This is 2012, and the entire organization, Jerry, the whole league, has changed considerably. Well, except you, you still hold a 1998 grudge, along with others. I'm thankful that your input has no effect on this team, otherwise we would mimic the executive decisions of Isaiah Thomas.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #22
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Really I think Jordan's shadow cost us Tracy/Hill more than anything else. That's the only time I think Jordan's shadow IMO is a valid excuse. Carter MAYBE the same, but I've never heard of that till now so I don't know if that's legit or not. Not saying you're lying, but I was 13 at the time so I didn't pay any attention to rumors outside of what was in my ESPN magazine.

I think the SOLE reason why we never got Garnett was because McHale was such a shitty GM. Deng+ #2 (LMA)+ Tyson should have gotten that deal done. LMA was a pretty valued prospect. Hell they could have had Rudy Gay, or more likely Brandon Roy. Granted, his knees were always an issue then which is why he stayed all 4 years and wasn't a top 5 guy. but that's a different topic.

2010, we never had a chance because they planned that in the Olympics. The only questionable thing about that was not flipping Deng when they had the chance. In hindsight that's not bad.

I don't fault Jerry for keeping the bench mob together, because we aren't winning a title this year. There was no point to pay those guys the same money, do I wish he had? Absolutely. We'll know if he's a cheap guy if in the next 1-2 offseasons if he doesn't pay the tax. If you look at the teams that make the finals, they're often paying the tax as well. It comes down to how much are you willing to pay for a better chance at a title. I mean even the Spurs paid it three times.

As far as breaking up the dynasty goes. They might have been able to win another ring. But I doubt it. Jordan was looking mortal, Pippen was having his back issues/money desires. And Phil was butting heads with management, and as he now has a history of doing....wanted a break. I think if Jordan wanted everyone to come back together for one final ride, maybe it would have happened. Who knows? I think they had the right idea just the wrong players to build a twin towers system.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #23
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Now you're bundling everything into one junk-drawer of criticism. This is why your assessments are far from accurate, you are demonstrating the absolute inability to sort matters out and get to root causes objectively.

This is 2012, and the entire organization, Jerry, the whole league, has changed considerably. Well, except you, you still hold a 1998 grudge, along with others. I'm thankful that your input has no effect on this team, otherwise we would mimic the executive decisions of Isaiah Thomas.
No. What i did was show a patern. And your correct. Ill never get over the Bulls not being able to defend their championship.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:14 AM   #24
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose

Really I think Jordan's shadow cost us Tracy/Hill more than anything else. That's the only time I think Jordan's shadow IMO is a valid excuse. Carter MAYBE the same, but I've never heard of that till now so I don't know if that's legit or not. Not saying you're lying, but I was 13 at the time so I didn't pay any attention to rumors outside of what was in my ESPN magazine.

I think the SOLE reason why we never got Garnett was because McHale was such a shitty GM. Deng+ #2 (LMA)+ Tyson should have gotten that deal done. LMA was a pretty valued prospect. Hell they could have had Rudy Gay, or more likely Brandon Roy. Granted, his knees were always an issue then which is why he stayed all 4 years and wasn't a top 5 guy. but that's a different topic.

2010, we never had a chance because they planned that in the Olympics. The only questionable thing about that was not flipping Deng when they had the chance. In hindsight that's not bad.

I don't fault Jerry for keeping the bench mob together, because we aren't winning a title this year. There was no point to pay those guys the same money, do I wish he had? Absolutely. We'll know if he's a cheap guy if in the next 1-2 offseasons if he doesn't pay the tax. If you look at the teams that make the finals, they're often paying the tax as well. It comes down to how much are you willing to pay for a better chance at a title. I mean even the Spurs paid it three times.

As far as breaking up the dynasty goes. They might have been able to win another ring. But I doubt it. Jordan was looking mortal, Pippen was having his back issues/money desires. And Phil was butting heads with management, and as he now has a history of doing....wanted a break. I think if Jordan wanted everyone to come back together for one final ride, maybe it would have happened. Who knows? I think they had the right idea just the wrong players to build a twin towers system.
You may be correct in all your assesments. But I remember Garnett and Wade publicly questioning the loyalty of the Bulls FO. So even if the three wanted to team up, they couldve done it in Chicago.

The Dynasty was broken up by the FO. The players didn't help, but its no secret Krause wanted to start fresh. If he had it his way the Bulls would e never been able to do what they did from 96-98

Like im trying to tell Crys and Go. All im doing is showing a patern.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #25
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Forum is aliiiiive!!! :

I see where both bulls97 and Go Getter/Crystallas is coming from. Let's not question who is a bulls fan or not, I can gather we all are rooting for the same team and only want the best outcome. Let's not turn on each other, save that for the Laker/Heat fans.

As for the decision on Nate Robinson, I see both sides of the coin. He has been very serviceable and an offensive spark for the bulls so far this year and I'd love Nate to be apart of the team. However when Rose comes back, and RIP returns from injury, there will be one too many PG's and its likely that Kirk will be backing up Rose since he plays the two guard role and can play some lock down defense at the end of games if needed. Yes, Im aware Kirk has regressed a bit, but if he's only playing 20 minutes a game off the bench, he will be alot more effective especially when the playoffs roll around. Only problem I see in that is, Nate can create his own shot and provides an offensive spark, what happens when Bulls are stagnant? Hinrich is not going to help in that regard...

Keeping Nate has little to do with the luxury tax. It's more a team structure thing.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #26
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #27
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Who is the "org"? Its simple demand. The owners have a fiduciary duty to put a contender on the court or try. And fans voicing their disproval over the FO decisions to save money is a rifgt seeing as how we PAY to do it.

And please stop with the "if you dont like it leave" nonsense. True fans don't run. If thats your mindset then you must be a bandwagoner. It just hasnt gotten bad for you. But when it does, im sure youll leave.
It hasn't gotten bad for me?

I'm southside of Chicago born and bred, So. 113th street, wild100s/Roseland!

I will always root for the Bulls as will my son who got a crispy pair of D. Rose shoes, Bulls shorts, and a Bulls shirt for x mas. My fandom won't stop EVER. But with that said I don't root blindly without complaining at all....the only thing is your complaints are baseless. Idk what has you so upset but your assessments are fatuous.

You can't logically base your anger of trade rumors and heresay.

Last edited by Go Getter : 12-21-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
You may be correct in all your assesments. But I remember Garnett and Wade publicly questioning the loyalty of the Bulls FO. So even if the three wanted to team up, they couldve done it in Chicago.

The Dynasty was broken up by the FO. The players didn't help, but its no secret Krause wanted to start fresh. If he had it his way the Bulls would e never been able to do what they did from 96-98

Like im trying to tell Crys and Go. All im doing is showing a patern.
Jerry Krause isn't with the team anymore. LET IT GO MAN!

15 years have passed almost and it was time for the org to move on.

You, Wade and Garnett must have missed when the org payed Jay Williams when, contractually, they could have told him to piss off.

The FO also drafted or traded for Jordan, Pip, Horace, Kukoc, BJ, and Rodman.....but FO they get credit for that?

Last edited by Go Getter : 12-21-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't remember the KG thing, but Wade didn't question the FO on their will to build a contender, he questioned them on their player loyalty, and IMO it was an obvious ploy to keep LeBron away, and his claims were a complete fallacy.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #30
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Jerry Krause isn't with the team anymore. LET IT GO MAN!

15 years have passed almost and it was time for the org to move on.

You, Wade and Garnett must have missed when the org pay*don't remember the KG thing, but Wade di Jay Williams when, contractually, they could have told him to piss off.

The FO also drafted or traded for Jordan, Pip, Horace, Kukoc, BJ, and Rodman.....but FO they get credit for that?
Dude, do you understand what a PATTERN is? Its not just about them breaking up that team. Its the fact that the Bulls have lost out on every big name player since then. Its the fact they've never been willing to go into the luxury tax. Its the fact that they've been at or around the bottom of the NBA in payroll almost every year since. Its the fact that the owner on more than one occasion has publicly stated hes not a big basketball fan.

Im not picking on them. I just call it like I see it. From a fan perspective. Im not a fan of the Bulls to watch the owner make money. I want to see them win. If the owner is serious anout winning, then he needs to start holding the GMs Gar/Pax accountable for failing to execute on possible deals that could lead to bringing a title back to Chicago. If players dont want to play for the Bulls then the owner needs to find out why. And he can start by keeping his friggn mouth shut.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: