Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #31
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Eagle snatches a toddler in Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- That site does not prove it's fake...in fact watching those videos in slow motion make it seem more legit.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
lots of people claiming this is fake, I'll just say as someone that does CG for a living, if that IS fake, it's an amazing job that would most likely take several people to do...

If I had to guess I would say it is real, but not impossible that is fake I guess

compositing a rigged and animated Eagle model into video footage is a whole different world than Photoshop

This....

I got alot of friends who work in the Visual Effects industry.....( for major Hollywood movies)...they all seem to think it's real.

he lighting and rigging alone (like you said) would take alot of work just to get it somewhat believable....

this looks legit.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #33
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
It's real.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #34
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller

It still looks real to me too

Maybe I don't know what to look for to tell if it's fake though
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #35
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
It still looks real to me too

Maybe I don't know what to look for to tell if it's fake though

- seems that most people who break down these videos and try to prove them fake ...look at Un natural movement and lighting ( the way light reflects off image while still/ moving is a very important aspect to make it look real)

- (the basic version is) to create a fake eagle/baby.....you have to build a 3D skeleton model for them.....the animate the model to match the movement you want in your video......and thus texture your model ( feathers / skin / eyes...everything etc..etc...).....and the finish ( most important) is the lighting...making the surface reflect light in a correct fashion.

- people look for imperfections in these movements and light to see if it's fake.

- Your brain picksup all sorts of subtle clues that tell you if something is fake or real. Even if we made a perfect CG clone of a human....one slight misplaced movement of the lip or misplaced reflection would trigger your mind to thinks it's fake.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 12-19-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #36
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

This was on the related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAK0J8Uhzk

The when the video ended i took a look at the comments

"now if only we could teach women to do this"

Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

video is fake

made by 3 art students in Montreal

their project was to make a video that tricks people...they got me!

god job guys

they made this video as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnI36hw-jT0
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #38
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

F-F-F-FAKE: http://news.discovery.com/animals/ba...mkcpgn=rssnws1
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #39
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, that was a great job at fooling people.

I've seen a lot of things that look real but really isn't but I never learn

I don't really care, though, it's the music that got the best of me
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: