Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: In defense of gun rights by John Lott

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I support guns because I want to protect myself. Why is this so hard for you to understand ..

I'm not going to shoot up some stupid movie or a school; I just want to have the right to defend myself when my life is on the line. This is the same reason why I wear a seat belt; this is the same reason why I look both ways when I cross the street. It is my life. It is my responsibility to protect myself, not the government or anybody else.

Y'know those kids; do you know who was in the best position to protect them .. not the government .. it was the parents, teachers, and responsible adults within their vicinity. It was Adam Lanza's parents who were responsible for keeping the guns away from him, and if he did bring the guns to school, if the school had an armed, fully trained personnel on the scene, most likely the outcome would of been different.

Many people keep on blaming it on mental illness or the easy access to guns, but many fail to realize the main motive on why he did what he did.

He did it because he could.

It is as simple as that; people kill, rape, rob, etc. because they think they can get away with it. It's human nature.

If someone was on the scene to stop him, it would of been done; the fact the entire school was defenseless, including the children, he had free reign to murder at will.

If only one person had the will and a gun to be there when they heard the first shot ... just imagine.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
John Lott is simply not a credible source.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #18
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Let me ask you this Kevin (and everybody else who does not own a gun).

Let's pretend God came down from the heavenly stars and gave you a gun. He leaves no explanation other than for you to keep it.

Ok so now as a gun owner, are you just going to shoot up a bunch of children with all this power?

Put yourself in the shoes of a gun owner. Would that gun make you want to kill people or would you only use it when you have no other choice, like for example, some craze killer busts in a movie theater and shoots up a bunch of unarmed people.

Guess what, if you chose the latter, then you represent 99.9999999% of all gun owners in the US. They are not going to kill people; they are not going to let their kids have access to it and shoot up a bunch of pre-schoolers; they are responsible adults who just want to protect themselves from a violent society where illegal arms are being passed around like morphine at a cancer patient's doctor's appointment.

The reason why I ask is for some reason anti-gun owners have this notion whoever is armed will automatically want to kill a bunch of kids and shoot up a movie theater.

That premise is so f*ckin stupid.

Seriously?

You are going to take the side of the same people who have sh*tted on every right you have in the constitution to further their agenda of destroying this right and then finally destroy the be all end all right that is only left: 1st amendment?

Wake up. The government doesn't care about you or your stupid freedoms. They want to control you; that is their only agenda. Stop shooting yourself in the foot and giving up MORE freedoms. That should be something you should be fighting for, not be against. Loser.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 12-19-2012 at 10:01 PM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #19
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DC sniper GOAT crazy guy with a gun
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
DC sniper GOAT crazy guy with a gun
Weak era, he was aiming at skinny white guys with no quickness or gun skill. Now you have agile gangsters from every race that know how to run and shoot back. DC sniper wouldn't be as successful in this decade. Rule changes, extended national security line, faster people, bigger buildings.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #21
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If he was a serial killer, then he wouldn't even be qualified to own a gun legally anyways,

Not if he hadn't been caught and arrested yet you dolt.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #22
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Let me ask you this Kevin (and everybody else who does not own a gun).

Let's pretend God came down from the heavenly stars and gave you a gun. He leaves no explanation other than for you to keep it.

Ok so now as a gun owner, are you just going to shoot up a bunch of children with all this power?

Put yourself in the shoes of a gun owner. Would that gun make you want to kill people or would you only use it when you have no other choice, like for example, some craze killer busts in a movie theater and shoots up a bunch of unarmed people.

Guess what, if you chose the latter, then you represent 99.9999999% of all gun owners in the US. They are not going to kill people; they are not going to let their kids have access to it and shoot up a bunch of pre-schoolers; they are responsible adults who just want to protect themselves from a violent society where illegal arms are being passed around like morphine at a cancer patient's doctor's appointment.

The reason why I ask is for some reason anti-gun owners have this notion whoever is armed will automatically want to kill a bunch of kids and shoot up a movie theater.

That premise is so f*ckin stupid.

Seriously?

You are going to take the side of the same people who have sh*tted on every right you have in the constitution to further their agenda of destroying this right and then finally destroy the be all end all right that is only left: 1st amendment?

Wake up. The government doesn't care about you or your stupid freedoms. They want to control you; that is their only agenda. Stop shooting yourself in the foot and giving up MORE freedoms. That should be something you should be fighting for, not be against. Loser.

I don't believe ALL guns should be banned. I just think there should be stricter laws and one should go through more to purchase a gun.

The world isn't perfect, there will always be people that abuse guns, but at least it will make it harder for some of them to obtain them. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Almost every single law is to protect the majority from the minority that abuse shit.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Are you John Lott? Because John Lott has a long history of pretending to be other people on internet to defend his work, in fact if you type "john lott so" into google, auto recommend will give you "john lott sockpuppet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

Of course, this is quite embarrassing for someone trying to be a serious academic

He also sued one of the authors of Freakanomics for defamation because they book mentioned Lott's work wasn't peer reviewed and other researchers couldn't replicate Lott's numbers. Lott lost his case about the book.

You know what? STFU, half of your posts you cite a source from some stupid CNN or gov't controlled news outlets and you always quote some douchebag who thinks he understands the political process of the US.

Who cares if this guy isn't a credible source. If he was an editor at CNN you'll probably be sucking his cawk.

just kidding
but i'm kinda serious actually
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I don't believe ALL guns should be banned. I just think there should be stricter laws and one should go through more to purchase a gun.

The world isn't perfect, there will always be people that abuse guns, but at least it will make it harder for some of them to obtain them. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Almost every single law is to protect the majority from the minority that abuse shit.

Because they are afraid of the slippery slope fallacy. They think if you take one type of gun away eventually you will take everything away until people only have a wooden spoon to defend themselves with. Gun nuts don't want to give any ground because they are *******.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

It's not hard to understand at all.

There are already restrictions on every point you have made.

The real issue is the government wants to destroy the 2nd amendment in order to finally control the 1st.

You lose the 2nd, you will lose the 1st. This is why the founding fathers placed it as numero 2: in order for number 1 to freely be carried out, number 2 has to be in place for the people to have some sort of power to protect.

Sure the people do not have the military means to, say, go head to head with the government, but at least if they were armed, it'll set a precedent where the government cannot resolve the issue without violence.

Violence against their own people will destroy a nation; this is where the genius of the founding fathers lies: even if the people lose, the act of violence will destroy those in power because in the end it does not matter how rich and powerful you are, your power is dependent on the people.

Do me a favor and take time out of your day and study the constitution. It is there to HELP you; by being against anything it says will only HURT you.

The founding fathers aren't stupid.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 12-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #26
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Prohibition failed, the war on drugs have failed and both have created crime, smuggling and a huge black market. Would this be any different?

Gun control won't stop the criminals or gangstas from getting their guns.. It will probably do the opposite and make things even worst. Also, I don't trust our government. An unarmed state makes it easier for a police state.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #27
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Weak era, he was aiming at skinny white guys with no quickness or gun skill. Now you have agile gangsters from every race that know how to run and shoot back. DC sniper wouldn't be as successful in this decade. Rule changes, extended national security line, faster people, bigger buildings.

His prime lasted 3 weeks, very impressive for a crazy guy with a gun.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #28
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Prohibition failed, the war on drugs have failed and both have created crime, smuggling and a huge black market. Would this be any different?

Gun control won't stop the criminals or gangstas from getting their guns.. It will probably do the opposite and make things even worst. Also, I don't trust our government. An unarmed state makes it easier for a police state.

I love how he specifically said he didn't want to ban all guns, and you mention prohibition. I mean do I even have to add anything here?

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY IT? NO ONE IS SAYING BAN ALL GUNS!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #29
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

LOl @ the replies
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #30
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I love how he specifically said he didn't want to ban all guns, and you mention prohibition. I mean do I even have to add anything here?

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY IT? NO ONE IS SAYING BAN ALL GUNS!

Lulz, I really didn't read his post

But still if a man wants a ak47 give the man a ak47, nomisayin?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: