Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #31
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: In defense of gun rights by John Lott

We should give every black and beaner guns.

I can guarantee that their opinion on gun control will change.

I wonder what the reaction would be like if it was a black person or beaner doing all of these shootings instead of a troubled white shooter.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #32
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
His prime lasted 3 weeks, very impressive for a crazy guy with a gun.
Peak>Prime, his numbers are nothing special. Besides all he did is basically jack up shots from long distance, no action up close and personal, didn't even bother with defense. Other all time greats have better numbers in a shorter span, most of them banging down low and defending in their vests.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #33
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
\

I wonder what the reaction would be like if it was a black person or beaner doing all of these shootings instead of a troubled white shooter.

the same...
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #34
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz

the same...

One.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #35
kNicKz
College superstar

Ok? The reaction was the same as it was for any other shooting. I understand your devotion to stereotypes and racism but that is hardly the problem at hand
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #36
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Ok? The reaction was the same as it was for any other shooting. I understand your devotion to stereotypes and racism but that is hardly the problem at hand

The issue is gun owners don't wanna give in and some won't budge a bit, even after multiple massacres. The question was hypothetical, what if it had been black shooters in all of these massacres? do we honestly think they'd still be so adamant?

And race is almost always a factor.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #37
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
The issue is gun owners don't wanna give in and some won't budge a bit, even after multiple massacres. The question was hypothetical, what if it had been black shooters in all of these massacres? do we honestly think they'd still be so adamant?

And race is almost always a factor.

The shooters could have been green. Gun nuts aren't giving up their guns for anything and the more shootings that happen will just make them want more weapons to defend themselves. Your attempt to turn this into a racial argument is embarrassing
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #38
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
The shooters could have been green. Gun nuts aren't giving up their guns for anything and the more shootings that happen will just make them want more weapons to defend themselves. Your attempt to turn this into a racial argument is embarrassing

That is it.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #39
kNicKz
College superstar

Are you aware that it is possible to be African American and also be a gun enthusiast? Please explain your white, black, and "beaner" (Hispanic) example
Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #40
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
The only thing that is keeping it this way is that 2nd amendment. The founding fathers are smart enough to know that with power, there is corruption, and they wrote in that amendment to allow the people to keep their government in check.

Without the 2nd amendment, the constitution wouldn't even last a decade. FACT.

Every amendment has been sh*tted on by the government; this amendment and the 1st are the only ones we have left to hold on to. Tread carefully, you lose this, the 1st one will soon follow.

people will not stop being overdramatic about the Constitution.....

bunch of slave owners talking about freedom and rights....

it has to be about the only thing that rivals the Bible in terms of people picking and choosing what they decide to care about.....while treating it as all important at the same time.

the First Amendment really isn't even upheld in matters of safety which is why you can't yell panic inducing things in crowded places. and there are an awful lot of things you can't say to people and get away with.

the Constitution much like Bible and everything else has to bend to fit the world we have. which is why Christians wear blended fabrics and eat shrimp when the Bible says you shouldn't and why an amendment saying a well regulated militia is important doesn't mean we need a billion guns in the street like we have now.

the Constitution has been amended as needed for a long long time. often times it was decades after it should have already been changed. it's just a matter of time.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #41
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

Quote:
If only one person had the will and a gun to be there when they heard the first shot ... just imagine.

This is stupid, there's a dude with a f*cking AR15 and a bulletproof vest (from early reports, dunno the latest) and lets say you've got a small hand gun, what do you do?
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #42
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Are you aware that it is possible to be African American and also be a gun enthusiast? Please explain your white, black, and "beaner" (Hispanic) example

I'm sure there's some.

But I'm also sure that the vast majority (the ones with the most power) are also conservative Republicans.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #43
kNicKz
College superstar

so you stereotype people? that's cool...
Old 12-20-2012, 04:53 AM   #44
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Peak>Prime, his numbers are nothing special. Besides all he did is basically jack up shots from long distance, no action up close and personal, didn't even bother with defense. Other all time greats have better numbers in a shorter span, most of them banging down low and defending in their vests.

Whatever man, Gilbert is still the man in my book.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #45
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
It's not hard to understand at all.

There are already restrictions on every point you have made.

The real issue is the government wants to destroy the 2nd amendment in order to finally control the 1st.

You lose the 2nd, you will lose the 1st. This is why the founding fathers placed it as numero 2: in order for number 1 to freely be carried out, number 2 has to be in place for the people to have some sort of power to protect.

Sure the people do not have the military means to, say, go head to head with the government, but at least if they were armed, it'll set a precedent where the government cannot resolve the issue without violence.

Violence against their own people will destroy a nation; this is where the genius of the founding fathers lies: even if the people lose, the act of violence will destroy those in power because in the end it does not matter how rich and powerful you are, your power is dependent on the people.

Do me a favor and take time out of your day and study the constitution. It is there to HELP you; by being against anything it says will only HURT you.

The founding fathers aren't stupid.

Man I HATE it when the government tampers with the Constitution. Those founding fathers definitely never wanted anyone to touch it. People just adding and repealing amendments, it's never worked. I mean look at what happened:

The 13th, 14th, 15th, and 19th amendments? Man I wish more people had called for a more stringent protection of the constitution. Yikes. It's not like the document was set up specifically so that it could be revised when it needed to be or anything.

And anyone who thinks that the issue is gonna be an outright ban on guns is as retarded as the people actually calling for that. It will be a reduction on the arms available, and a more stringent legal purchasing process.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: