Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Source: Jets want Vick

NY Jets, where QBs go to die.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #17
Heavincent
3-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll probably stop being a Jets fan if they end up with the dog killer. That's like the worst possible thing they could do.

An old, injury prone turnover machine? No thanks.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
Heavincent
3-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He's a terrible fit. He's always injured, the Jets have a terrible O-Line, he's not that good with the media, and the media here is already mentioning he killed dogs. ALREADY. Because of rumors that he might be coming. You see this as a positive to the Jets circus or Vick's career?

Note: Who has been more right about what Vick would do this year, me or you?

Agree with most of this, but the Jets o-line isn't that bad. D'Brickashaw Ferguson is a borderline elite LT, and Mangold is an elite center. Slauson, Howard, and Moore are average, but none of them are terrible. Sanchez and the receivers make them look way worse than they actually are. None of the receivers get separation, and Sanchez just stands there like a retard and doesn't move around at all.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Vick may not have a lot of good options. If he's offered a starting job near the NYC market he should take it, even with that goofball Ryan in charge. None of the good teams are likely to come after him and if he doesn't leap after the Jet opportunity they could make a deal to bring in Flynn or Smith and then what's he got? They get him some big receivers and he could do alright.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

I've seen the Browns were mentioned last week in the same sentence with Vick once or so somewhere. If somehow he ends up in Cleveland, that'll be the end of me rooting for them until he's gone (or dead, preferably dead).
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't want anything to do with a soon to be 33 year old QB who relies a lot on his legs. It appears as if the jets aren't learning their lesson. Maybe they should start to think about their longterm future instead of stopgap solutions, but they seem to be in the business of making backpage headlines.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #22
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I wouldn't want anything to do with a soon to be 33 year old QB who relies a lot on his legs. It appears as if the jets aren't learning their lesson. Maybe they should start to think about their longterm future instead of stopgap solutions, but they seem to be in the business of making backpage headlines.

To be fair they tried with Sanchez but ofc that failed miserably. This QB class looks pretty weak compared to years past and after that Sanchez experiment they should go for a veteran guy unless if they go rebuilding mode than draft the best QB available.

I don't think NY is that bad of a squad, they just need major revamping on offense though. Sparano seems like a lame duck OC, their WR's blow/inexperienced and another change of pace RB is needed.

If I was NY I would be looking to get Norv Turner as their next OC or possibly Greg Roman as their next HC? Turner is like Wade Phillips, not a great HC but a good coordinator. Trade/sign for a QB like Alex Smith and grab him a target or two. The WC offense ran by Smith with Roman or Turner would be a good fit.

BUT something tells me that they'll be giving the Sanchize another shot this off-season. They'll probably fire Sparano and/or Ryan(although I think Ryan is safe) and grab an offensive guru at OC to try and repair him.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Lol at Vick being close to washed up.

I remember when Kurt Warner was washed up too while playing behind that shitty line with the Giants in the mid-2000s. He then went to Arizona, barely got touched by a defender and went on to put up MVP type numbers.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #24
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation here

Jets should just go after Cousins, or Flynn.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #25
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wait a minute, Vick would be willing to leave the dynasty behind in Philly and go play for the Jets instead?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #26
miggyme1
Good High School Starter

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Wait a minute, Vick would be willing to leave the dynasty behind in Philly and go play for the Jets instead?

is that hard to believe? ya dumb f.u.c.k
miggyme1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I've seen the Browns were mentioned last week in the same sentence with Vick once or so somewhere. If somehow he ends up in Cleveland, that'll be the end of me rooting for them until he's gone (or dead, preferably dead).

Do it for the irony of hundreds of drunks dressed like dogs rooting for a guy convicted of dog torture. So many punny headlines to be made....
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #28
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never liked Vick as an NFL option.

Never been an ideal QB, even when everyone was on his sack around 2003.

Mayb it's cuz how abused I used to get by him in Madden '04 with the QB scrambles.

He was impressive two seasons ago w Philly but he's looked like a bum for too long.

Kinda mad I didn't get to witness the RG-Vick matchup this season. Soft ass Vick
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I also think Vick is going to be a Cardinal

I would absolutely LOVE to see Vick in Arizona.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #30
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Lol at Vick being close to washed up.

I remember when Kurt Warner was washed up too while playing behind that shitty line with the Giants in the mid-2000s. He then went to Arizona, barely got touched by a defender and went on to put up MVP type numbers.

Warner was, throughout his career, an extremely accurate passer who understood how to read defenses and spot the blitz.

There's no valid comparison to Vick.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: