Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

Default Non-Gasol Trade Ideas

I think we should be pursuing a trade packaging Steve Blake and Antawn Jamison to see what we can get in return. They both seem expendable within D'Antoni's system.

I think we need another athletic defender at the 3 position to give us our best chance of stopping Durant and James.

Last edited by kkinchen : 12-24-2012 at 03:12 PM.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
bladefd
Good college starter

Default Re: Non-Gasol Trade Ideas

Nope. Absolutely do not need another big off the bench. We need a shooter (PG or SG) that is an upgrade for shooting purposes over one of those guys you mentioned to come off the bench.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
kkinchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Nope. Absolutely do not need another big off the bench. We need a shooter (PG or SG) that is an upgrade for shooting purposes over one of those guys you mentioned to come off the bench.

Not true. Nash is over 40% from 3 in his career. Meeks is at 39% this year, Kobe is at 38% this year, Duhon is at 43% this year, Morris is at 45% this year, and Metta is at 39% this year. We have enough shooters to space the floor and Meeks, Morris, and Bryant have got us covered as far as defending opposing guards.

I just think we either need a better wing defender at the 3 position coming off the bench(remember Metta is our backup 4 now which I love), and another 6'11" athletic defensive-minded backup center.

We need to call up Chris Douglas Roberts from the Dleague by the way.

Last edited by kkinchen : 12-19-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Not true. Nash is over 40% from 3 in his career. Meeks is at 39% this year, Kobe is at 38% this year, Duhon is at 43% this year, Morris is at 45% this year, and Metta is at 39% this year. We have enough shooters to space the floor and Meeks, Morris, and Bryant have got us covered as far as defending opposing guards.

I just think we either need a better wing defender at the 3 position coming off the bench(remember Metta is our backup 4 now which I love), and another 6'11" athletic defensive-minded backup center.

We need to call up Chris Douglas Roberts from the Dleague by the way.

With the exception of Jodie Meeks, the other players you mentioned are not necessarily "gunners". They do not shoot at will, but rather when the system provides them with the opportunity. If you want a shooter, we should have kept guys like Jason Kapono. Guys who specialize in shooting and making the three pointer.

Duhon, Meeks, Nash, Kobe, and Ron are all relatively good three point shooters, but that is not all what they are about. You need guys that are about shooting (and defending would be nice). i.e. Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and Battier, all on the Miami Heat.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
kkinchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
With the exception of Jodie Meeks, the other players you mentioned are not necessarily "gunners". They do not shoot at will, but rather when the system provides them with the opportunity. If you want a shooter, we should have kept guys like Jason Kapono. Guys who specialize in shooting and making the three pointer.

Duhon, Meeks, Nash, Kobe, and Ron are all relatively good three point shooters, but that is not all what they are about. You need guys that are about shooting (and defending would be nice). i.e. Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and Battier, all on the Miami Heat.

We're good enough offensively especially with a great offensive coach like D'Antoni and the pieces we have. I think we need to improve our personnel for defensive purposes if we are going to win a championship. Jamison is not known for his defense and he really is more of a volume scorer. Hill is a very active defender but I would like to see us get some one with more length especially with Metta being our backup 4 now. Blake is a good defender but we already have five point guards on our roster already if you include DJO, so we need to let Blake go and try to fill out our frontcourt.

Last edited by kkinchen : 12-20-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
We're good enough offensively especially with a great offensive coach like D'Antoni and the pieces we have. I think we need to improve our personnel for defensive purposes if we are going to win a championship. Jamison is not known for his defense and he really is more of a volume scorer. Hill is a very active defender but I would like to see us get some one with more length especially with Metta being our backup 4 now. Blake is a good defender but we already have five point guards on our roster already if you include DJO, so we need to let Blake go and try to fill out our frontcourt.

I was in complete agreement with you on this at the start of the season but now we have 'Antoni who doesn't have a clue how to use a big.....not Dwight, not Pau and not Hill......so what is the point of adding another big???? He wouldn't use him.

You have to look at who is running....or ruining this show.
It would be nice to dump Blake and Earl Clark for sure.

Apparently Metta is off your Sh!t list now.....lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Jhill/Duhon/ebanks for Derrick Williams/Barea
Jhill for Dorrell Wright
ebanks for DJ Augistine
Jhill//duhon for bradley/sullinger
jhill/duhon/ebanks for sessions/henderson
eclark for Austin Daye

on and on and no....you see I have J Hill in lot of those scenarios casue dummy Mike D'Antoni wont use him the right way

with Metta coming off the bench we can use a stretch 3 in dorrell wright or Derrick williams if can play the 3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
kkinchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I was in complete agreement with you on this at the start of the season but now we have 'Antoni who doesn't have a clue how to use a big.....not Dwight, not Pau and not Hill......so what is the point of adding another big???? He wouldn't use him.

You have to look at who is running....or ruining this show.
It would be nice to dump Blake and Earl Clark for sure.

Apparently Metta is off your Sh!t list now.....lol.

Coach Nash will get the most out of our bigs on the offensive end. On defensive, its gonna be up to Coach Person and Coach Bryant to maximize our defensive potential. And yes, Metta is off our shit list. Apparently Mike Brown was holding him back, and he is finally playing his natural position of power forward, so I'm good with Metta now.

Last edited by kkinchen : 12-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: