Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: Brandon Marshall is a Top 2 WR this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
That's in terms of this year's production, that's why Fitz isn't in there.
Dez is top-5 in terms of "production"...unless TDs aren't production

but it looks like you counted them for AJ so hmm...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
Nanners
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yep Julio is top-10 for sure...over White, even if White has more production this year, Julio is the bigger freak

I think he is top-5 even

Andre has finished the year strong as hell and is top-10 but he isn't the same though still, he can't get off a press the same.

Fitz is hard to rank now because of no QB, but the fact that Roberts has better numbers than him is strange, he is still top-10 but I am thinking he might have dropped from the top teir

I think my top-10 would be

1. Calvin
2. AJ
3. Marshall
4. Julio
5. Fitz
6. Andre
7. Vincent
8. Wayne
9. Dez
10. Demaryius

You know that I hate the cowgirls, but I would definitely put dez at #5 or 6 at the worst. No way in hell should reggie wayne be in front of him.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
You know that I hate the cowgirls, but I would definitely put dez at #5 or 6 at the worst. No way in hell should reggie wayne be in front of him.
I think Dez is right up there with the very best in terms of raw physical talent...he can go up and get the ball just as good or better than anyone in te NFL.

It's the mental flaws that he needs to overcome, something that Wayne doesn't ever do (unless you count the Super Bowl INT on him)

In the last 4-5 weeks Dez has had no issues with mental mistakes, he has been ELITE as a WR. If he keeps playing like he is currently then he is as good as it gets, but he needs to prove he can do so for an entire season. There are 2 pick-6s that Romo as thrown because Dez ran a wrong route, and that isn't acceptable.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #19
bisk

Quote:
Dez is top-5 in terms of "production"...unless TDs aren't production

but it looks like you counted them for AJ so hmm...

Yea, but probably should've explained it a bit more, but was short on time.
You factor in all the things like how consistent was someone through out the whole season, if he's a one-man receiving corps, any big drops/catches...etc. I didn't make a numbered ranking, because I feel you just can't have it that way and some guys are definitely interchangable.

Calvin and Marshall are playing on a different level, with one guy of course going for that yardage record despite teams double and triple covering him in situations, and the same counts for Marshall. The guy has no help and still gets 107 catches and 10TDs. It's unreal.

Aj Green had that whole TD streak going on and was making some big catches early in the season. He paved the way for guys like Hawkins and Sanu to make (lil bit of ) a name for themselves and kept the Bengals right in it.
Then you get Andre. Even though after his first game, he had a rough 4-game period and people thought if he was done. Dude came back healthy and averaged 8.4 catches and almost 120yrds per game (which included that monster 270yrd game) since then. He's awesome at blocking too which helps and had some sick and important catches this year.

That's the unquestioned top 4 of this season in my opinion. I've also seen my share of games, redzone, highlights, fantasy reports and stats, etc...just like others, and I'll have my preferences towards some guys and where I ranked them because of different criteria eg: I picked the next group of 4 because of their consistency, how they came back or made an instant impact.

Vincent Jackson has been money all season long for Freeman, had some amazing catches and would help Mike Williams get his TDs up.
After 2 games, Wes Welker was apparently "out" of NE's scheme but the dude gets his 100 catches again.
'Old man' Reggie Wayne also almost has a 100 catches with a rookie QB and no really great (Avery and Hilton are OK and also profit from Wayne's great season) 2nd options. He's gonna lead the Colts to the playoffs together with Luck after having the worst record in the league.
Thomas is another guy that's been consistent all season long (as his 1200yards show), was always available for the big play and helped Decker to become a bigger name now aswell. Of course that one QB has also something to with it.

I would put Dez just behind those guys because of his slow start to the season with only 2TDs in his first 8 games and he only had the occasional good game here and there. You can't deny that.
There was absolutely no talk of him being in the top 10, but he's had such a great last month and a half, he almost completely made up for it. Still, I wouldn't be able to rank him above guys who have been great all season long..YET. Shame about his fracture, cause he definitely could've gone like top 6 if after the next 2 games.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #20
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Haven't seen many Cardinal games but Fitz is really not producing at all.

I know there is a valid point as to why he isn't putting up elite production, you need someone better throwing you the ball than what Arizona has, but Fitz isn't even putting up decent numbers.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #21
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

I know there is a valid point as to why he isn't putting up elite production, you need someone better throwing you the ball than what Arizona has, but Fitz isn't even putting up decent numbers.
Just seen that he has 61 receptions on 136 targets.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #22
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
yep Julio is top-10 for sure...over White, even if White has more production this year, Julio is the bigger freak

I think he is top-5 even

Andre has finished the year strong as hell and is top-10 but he isn't the same though still, he can't get off a press the same.

Fitz is hard to rank now because of no QB, but the fact that Roberts has better numbers than him is strange, he is still top-10 but I am thinking he might have dropped from the top teir

I think my top-10 would be

1. Calvin
2. AJ
3. Marshall
4. Julio
5. Fitz
6. Andre
7. Vincent
8. Wayne
9. Dez
10. Demaryius

You're kidding right?
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #23
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
You're kidding right?
He started the season slow and three best games came against Jac OT, Det OT, and Colts. If anything you should highlight Fitzgerald.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #24
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
He started the season slow and three best games came against Jac OT, Det OT, and Colts. If anything you should highlight Fitzgerald.

He started the season slow because we were blowing out fools and didn't throw the ball. He had 24 targets TOTAL in the first 4 games. Marshall's three best games came against Tennessee, Jax, and the Vikings. So what's your point? Whenever the Texans needed a play, Andre made it. He's easily the clutchest receiver in the game right now. PFF has Andre as their highest graded receiver this season, that's saying something for someone who started "slow". Why should I highlight Fitzgerald? He's produced with shitty quarterbacks in the past why isn't he doing it this season?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:

Next year he'll get Smith or Vick and his stats will recover.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

Are passes even catchable when thrown? Hard to produce when your QBs rotated week to week.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Are passes even catchable when thrown? Hard to produce when your QBs rotated week to week.

That's the context you have to use with targets. While Fitz has a high number of targets, it means little if they're thrown in the dirt/over his head/wide right/wide left/thrown out of bounds.

I just know there are other receivers out there with bad qb's putting up digits, and Fitz himself has done so prior to this year when paired with a bad QB.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

If you've seen Cardinals games this year, you'd see why he isn't producing. They either don't pass him the ball or it's somewhere he has no chance of getting it. It's not just a bad QB, it's a rotation of them. There's no flow or continuity on offense at all.

I don't see why he's so low on people's lists. He hasn't declined at all, he just hasn't been able to work with much. As far as the OP goes and picking a guy for a playoff run, Fitz would still be a top 2-3 option for me. Just give him someone who can throw to him.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #29
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
He started the season slow because we were blowing out fools and didn't throw the ball. He had 24 targets TOTAL in the first 4 games. Marshall's three best games came against Tennessee, Jax, and the Vikings. So what's your point?
You really want to compare AJ stats to Marshall. Look at those elite 273 yards against a horrible team. Against a team with a winning record, AJ has a total of one 100 yard+ game

Quote:
Andre PFF has Andre as their highest graded receiver this season, that's saying something for someone who started "slow".
Now you're just reaching, Reggie Wayne is also on top of the list and doubt anyone rank him as high.

Quote:
He's easily the clutchest receiver in the game right now.
WTF is clutchest receiver and how do you measure this?

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 12-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #30
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
You really want to compare AJ stats to Marshall. Look at those elite 273 yards against a horrible team. Against a team with a winning record, AJ has a total of one 100 yard+ game

Now you're just reaching, Reggie Wayne is also on top of the list and doubt anyone rank him as high.

WTF is clutchest receiver and how do you measure this?

I don't need stats to see who's better between Andre and Marshall, it's Andre for me easily. Whenever my receiver gets the ball thrown to him I don't want to be nervous about him dropping it. Marshall had 3 TDs against a shitty Tennessee team and in a BLOWOUT too, guess it doesn't count.

Reggie is easily top 10, so I don't get what you're trying to say.

Against teams with a winning record, AJ only has one 100+ yard game? What the **** kind of stat is that? It's about the defenses you go up against not the "winning record".

By watching a receiver play? Time and time again this season whenever we needed a play, Andre made it.

If Andre got the ball force-fed to him like Marshall, he'd be chasing the yardage record just like Megatron.

What does Marshall even do better than Andre? Like seriously.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: