Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Another Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
http://news.yahoo.com/four-dead-thre...--finance.html

These these are not even happening between months at a time. Its now weeks at a time.

This was happening during (or just before) RING the NRA's ridiculous press conference today.

Keep blaming hurricanes though, NRA.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whats scary, is how there is no rhyme or reason to it.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #18
IamSofaKing
I brick airballs

IamSofaKing has decent reputationIamSofaKing has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Still the people that die in car accidents is still much greater than people dying in mass shootings during a year. Let's focus on car safety instead....am I right?

Close thread.

Your an idiot, people dont go into their car with a purpose to kill others.

Shooters actually plan this shit out
IamSofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
Your an idiot, people dont go into their car with a purpose to kill others.

Shooters actually plan this shit out

I think he was being VERY sarcastic.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
It's f*cked up but people have been getting shot and killed everyday for the longest. Every shooting just gets hyped now because of the recent Connecticut tragedy.
Remember the Sikh temple? the Mall? Those happened before the kids.

When mass murders happen people care, when just 1 or 2 people die, it's not that big of a deal that happens every day in America.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
It's the media's fault. If they didn't revere every loser who shot a couple dozen people as a god, these guys would just kill themselves and be done with it. But when you can go out with glory... to be the most important person in the world for a whole week... it'd almost be hard not to.

I hear this all the time, and I don't think it's that simple. Some people are suicidal and angry at the world for their suffering.

Media coverage is probably a minor influence in them wanting to exact revenge.

People often joke, "if I'm going out, I'm taking a whole lot of motherf*ckers with me". Nas has rapped, "Could use a gun, but **** bein the wanted man.. but if I hit rock bottom, I'ma be the Son of Sam".

Of course these are just jokes and fantastical lyrics, but it does hint at some impulse that lies within some people.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
Your an idiot
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
A friend of mine was on Facebook today blaming video games because he loves his guns so much.

I guess this guy played Grand Theft Auto.

thats just dumb,

I play GTA all the time and it might even be my favorite game but I have no desire to own a gun or even fire one, I just want to play GTA V
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Shooting foiled
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #25
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Whats scary, is how there is no rhyme or reason to it.
True. It's just that people want to kill other people.

And there was a threat of shooting at my school today. Cops were there and we couldn't stay in the campus after school. Good thing the shooting didn't occur or I'd be posting from the afterlife.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #26
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

This is not newsworthy. There's a shooting in my city almost every other week. Hell, a police officer in my city got shot "today".
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #27
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Since Sandy Hook, there have been 100 shooting deaths.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1....html#comments

I'd also suggest going to check out the front page to HuffPo right about now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/?country=US
Old 12-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #28
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM

Good on the Canadian Youtube people for taking the threat seriously. I imagine myself reading some internet comments on ISH or whatever of someone talking about shooting up a school and I can't say I would have done anything. We all need to take note of this and be more conscious of the warning signs. It seems like a lot of these killers act out before they actually commit the crime. They are looking for help and we need to be aware enough to recognize that fact.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #29
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees

In case you missed it:

Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #30
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Since Sandy Hook, there have been 100 shooting deaths.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1....html#comments

And yet we can't say anything because this is supposed to be "normal."
miller-time is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: