do they have the better W/L % in common games I guess?
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
The tiebreaker just before the conference record is record between common games.
Common Games outside of division:
Tampa Bay (both won)
Baltimore (DAL lost, WAS won)
Carolina (DAL won, WAS lost)
Atlanta (both lost)
Cleveland (both won)
Cincinatti (DAL won, WAS lost)
Pittsburgh (DAL won, WAS lost)
New Orleans (DAL lost, WAS won)
That would make Dal 5-3 and WAS 4-4.
Thus DAL goes through.
Let's hope it happens.
Last edited by Balla_Status : 12-23-2012 at 06:14 PM.