Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #226
KG215
NBA Legend

Default Re: Week 16 Discussion and Game thread

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I know, but I'm still pissed. I potentially lost out on $250. My FF team scored 204.24 points this week. Of course it didn't matter since I was eliminated from the playoffs after scoring 91.82 points last week. A f***ing 112.42 point differential.

On another note, a guy in our league who was actually playing for something (this week was our semi-finals) lost 153.38 to 153.14. He thought he actually won (I found out after I called him) 157-153 but apparently they changed a lot of Navarro Bowman's solo tackles to assisted tackles, and he loses by 0.24 points. He didn't know, though, until I called him and had to tell him to refresh his page.

Fantasy football really can be a cruel bitch.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-24-2012 at 12:03 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #227
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #228
niko
I Run NY.

Just found out Giants make the playoffs if Cowboys, Bears and Vikings lose, P.Tiddy renounces football to form a new religion, Dez Bryant grows three new fingers, Tony Romo takes back Jessica Simpson and if Goodell and Drew Brees go get matching tattoos that say "I love BountyGate".

I'm thinking it's not happening.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #229
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Just found out Giants make the playoffs if Cowboys, Bears and Vikings lose, P.Tiddy renounces football to form a new religion, Dez Bryant grows three new fingers, Tony Romo takes back Jessica Simpson and if Goodell and Drew Brees go get matching tattoos that say "I love BountyGate".

I'm thinking it's not happening.

Unless if NYG can enter through the wild card spot isn't it mathematically impossible for the G-men to enter? I though the only way they'd enter at this point is winning the division and either Dallas or WAS will win the East.

So I guess they gotta hope to win a tiebreaker for the WC spot?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #230
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Saw this morning
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #231
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
As long as the giants lose, yes they still have a chance. Just gotta win next week.

Not happening, TX nancy boy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/ima...EeGiXhUGe7MYSQ
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #232
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Unless if NYG can enter through the wild card spot isn't it mathematically impossible for the G-men to enter? I though the only way they'd enter at this point is winning the division and either Dallas or WAS will win the East.

So I guess they gotta hope to win a tiebreaker for the WC spot?
Basically win and the world all lose and they can be WC.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #233
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

I think of all teams the Giants, Bears, and Redskins have the best chance of making it.

NYG should win at home. Redskins at home and on primetime should take care of business. Packers are playing for home field so I don't think the Vikes can match them TD for TD. Which leaves the GMen hoping the Lions can play spoiler and beat Chicago.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #234
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
NFC East reward for winning the division is the Seahawks.

Fck Seattle. Hope they do come to WSH.

The defense is crucial but they haven't seen us and our running game.

I would be worried bout Marshawn tho.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #235
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I think of all teams the Giants, Bears, and Redskins have the best chance of making it.

NYG should win at home. Redskins at home and on primetime should take care of business. Packers are playing for home field so I don't think the Vikes can match them TD for TD. Which leaves the GMen hoping the Lions can play spoiler and beat Chicago.

Knowing the Giants they get in miraculously and end up winning the superbowl on a botched FG attempt in the last seconds..
Old 12-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #236
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Vick starting week 17, Foles played the 2nd half with a broken hand lol
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #237
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Knowing the Giants they get in miraculously and end up winning the superbowl on a botched FG attempt in the last seconds..

Don't get salty cause we took you out last year. Especially when you are in and we are out. Enjoy your playoffs.

We aren't that good at the moment, for us to get the playoffs is iffy, to win a game much less 4 is a fantasy.

How do you feel about the Niners chances? I'm torn, on one hand i still think the Niners are best prepared for the playoffs because of the D. But i don't like what i see honestly in Kaepernick.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #238
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Don't get salty cause we took you out last year. Especially when you are in and we are out. Enjoy your playoffs.

We aren't that good at the moment, for us to get the playoffs is iffy, to win a game much less 4 is a fantasy.

How do you feel about the Niners chances? I'm torn, on one hand i still think the Niners are best prepared for the playoffs because of the D. But i don't like what i see honestly in Kaepernick.

I was just kidding about that but it's in typical giants fashion.

As for the playoffs I don't like Kaepernick. The guy has great potential but he's not ready and he makes tons of mistakes.. First, the guy doesn't know how the manage the ****ing game clock and there's 3-5 instances a game where we either get delay of games are forced to call a timeout. Second, everyone raves about his big play potential but truth is the offense hasn't been any more explosive with him in, he breaks a run for 50 yards and then he fumbles the next snap or gets sacked for a 15 yard loss.. His passing yardage is comparable to Smith's but difference is that Smith is more efficient and has less turnovers.. Finally, the guy is a turnover machine waiting to happen. He had like 5 fumbles against New England but luckily non of them were turnovers, he botches snaps all the time and he relies on his feet too much which defenses are starting to realize(he's not breaking those 40 yarders anymore) Plus I though he was extremely fortunate in some of the games(mainly against NE) where we got break after break and for someone reason NE decided not to cover any of the WR's(3 of the TD's were passes any QB can make)

I like the guy but why make the switch? 49ers should have just kept him in the wildcat formation to utilize his speed and even have some passing packages out of it. Yes, it hasn't worked in NYJ but it was working here and we have the discipline and organization to pull it off, plus it was obvious with Tebow as he just ran it up the guy 24/7.

We shouldn't have a problem in the first round against Minny or Chicago(even if Minny beat us earlier) but if we have to go to Lambeau in the cold I don't like our chances..
Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #239
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
I was just kidding about that but it's in typical giants fashion.

As for the playoffs I don't like Kaepernick. The guy has great potential but he's not ready and he makes tons of mistakes.. First, the guy doesn't know how the manage the ****ing game clock and there's 3-5 instances a game where we either get delay of games are forced to call a timeout. Second, everyone raves about his big play potential but truth is the offense hasn't been any more explosive with him in, he breaks a run for 50 yards and then he fumbles the next snap or gets sacked for a 15 yard loss.. His passing yardage is comparable to Smith's but difference is that Smith is more efficient and has less turnovers.. Finally, the guy is a turnover machine waiting to happen. He had like 5 fumbles against New England but luckily non of them were turnovers, he botches snaps all the time and he relies on his feet too much which defenses are starting to realize(he's not breaking those 40 yarders anymore) Plus I though he was extremely fortunate in some of the games(mainly against NE) where we got break after break and for someone reason NE decided not to cover any of the WR's(3 of the TD's were passes any QB can make)

I like the guy but why make the switch? 49ers should have just kept him in the wildcat formation to utilize his speed and even have some passing packages out of it. Yes, it hasn't worked in NYJ but it was working here and we have the discipline and organization to pull it off, plus it was obvious with Tebow as he just ran it up the guy 24/7.

We shouldn't have a problem in the first round against Minny or Chicago(even if Minny beat us earlier) but if we have to go to Lambeau in the cold I don't like our chances..

That's pretty much my thought in a nutshell. I though you stick with Smith, and if you fail then next year start again with Kaepernick so all his kinks would be worked out by the time the playoffs were done. I'm not a big fan of running QB's but i'd think Harbaugh could reign that in. If anything could be a ***** in Harbaugh's armor it could be him thinking QB's are interchangable because he was a marginal QB at best.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #240
irondarts

Here's the Bills season in a nutshell

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: