Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 16 Discussion and Game thread

There goes the Madden curse too.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #17
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Will he break the 2000 yard mark though?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #19
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Will he break the 2000 yard mark though?
I would be fairly surprised if he doesn't
Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #20
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

What the flying fuck? Seriously what the flying fuck?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #21
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

13 points from Julio. Not bad. Overall, he had a great fantasy season. Glad I drafted him. But damn, Roddy White is a beast too. I think Atlanta has the best WR core in the NFL.

Congrats to Calvin on the record. One of the few bright spots for Detroit this season. I'm sure they'll bounce back next year. Like I said earlier, too much talent on that Detroit team.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

The lions need a new coach. Their lack of discipline is a reflection of their coaching, I'm also not sold on their quarterback. Stafford has terrible mechanics and makes puzzling decisions.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #23
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

I do hope Detroit gets it together a little bit, I'd like to see a great player like Calvin Johnson have a chance to win some games.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #24
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
I do hope Detroit gets it together a little bit, I'd like to see a great player like Calvin Johnson have a chance to win some games.

I've been hoping that for years. I really think 2013 is going to be a step in the right direction. With Broyles and Burleson healthy, and Bell and Leshoure being an ok tandem, this offense is among the best in the league. Their defense will be ok, they've got a lot of young talent at cb, and if Louis Delmas stays healthy at safety, then their secondary isn't in awful shape.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #25
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
The lions need a new coach. Their lack of discipline is a reflection of their coaching, I'm also not sold on their quarterback. Stafford has terrible mechanics and makes puzzling decisions.

LOL, yeah, so Detroit should just go back out and draft ANOTHER QB @ # 1, first round, etc. "Not sold" on Stafford? Are you kidding me? I guess his 5,000 passing yards last season was just sheer luck. He doesn't really have one of the strongest arms in the league, people's minds are just playing tricks on them.

The only thing about the dude that makes him even remotely questionable is he's injury prone. Outside of that, how can you make a legit argument you're not "sold" on the guy? "Terrible mechanics" ... what? Wow.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #26
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
LOL, yeah, so Detroit should just go back out and draft ANOTHER QB @ # 1, first round, etc. "Not sold" on Stafford? Are you kidding me? I guess his 5,000 passing yards last season was just sheer luck. He doesn't really have one of the strongest arms in the league, people's minds are just playing tricks on them.

The only thing about the dude that makes him even remotely questionable is he's injury prone. Outside of that, how can you make a legit argument you're not "sold" on the guy? "Terrible mechanics" ... what? Wow.

Take off the blinders for one second, please. I didn't say Stafford was terrible or that the yardage he's accumulated wasn't impressive. His mechanics are bad, he throws off his back foot constantly, which is something that a quarterback should never do, this is qb 101. He's thrown 1 more touchdown than interceptions this season, which is bad, especially in today's league. He also has only a 60 percent completion percentage, which falls at 20th of a possible 35 quarterbacks. Obviously part of the reason for his tremendous yardage is the fact that he has by far an away the most attempts for any quarterback in the NFL and the fact that he has one of the greatest receivers of all time.

You're acting like he's a finished product and he's had years of sustained success, which he has not. He still makes a lot of bad throws and throws off his back foot too much. He could be more accurate, he could also cut down on his interceptions. He's not an established superstar, despite the amount of yards he's accumulated, which is hardly an accurate way to measure QBs in this day and age.

I'm not saying he's not talented, just that he's far from a finished product and questions remain as to how good he can be. Yards are not a fair indicator of his progression given the enormous amount of attempts he's had.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #27
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Stafford came into the league ready to be a franchise quarterback. Yes, he's a work in progress and the "final product" as you put it isn't there yet, but the dude has already had a 5,000 yard passing season, which is enough to make the likes of Brees, Peyton & Eli, Rodgers, Carson Palmer, etc. impressed and respect you.

What more would it take for you to be "sold" on Matthew Stafford? Does he need to throw for 7,000 yards? Does he need to be even more destructive in the red zone where he already dominates his opponents? Does he need a stronger arm, when he's arguably already the strongest arm in the league? Does he need to be more accurate? Dude looks pretty damn accurate to me.

I think you're just one of those guys who for whatever reason or another doesn't buy into him being worthy of a # 1 pick and uses the "he has Calvin Johnson to bail him out" arguments to downgrade the greatness that ALREADY IS Matthew Stafford.

Please, list me your list or ranking of better QB + WR duos in the league right now outside of Stafford and C. Johnson. I'd love to see it.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gruden made a good point to how meaningless most of the yards Megatron gained. I'm mad Roddy White went off and not Julio. I'm going against Peterson and Manning. I needed him to give me a huge night. Only got 19pts from him.

Should be a stressful championship Sunday!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #29
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marvin Lewis, winner of ZERO big time late season games, YOUR ass is on the LINE today.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #30
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Marvin Lewis, winner of ZERO big time late season games, YOUR ass is on the LINE today.

I actually like Marvin ... but I believe we ultimately need a change at the head coaching position. We're too talented now and going forward to have an average head coach who is also basically part time GM too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: