Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board
Default Re: Week 16 Discussion and Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Gruden made a good point to how meaningless most of the yards Megatron gained. I'm mad Roddy White went off and not Julio. I'm going against Peterson and Manning. I needed him to give me a huge night. Only got 19pts from him.

Should be a stressful championship Sunday!

That's very true, but it also goes to show how awesome of a player Calvin is. The Lions have been out of the playoff picture for 4ish weeks, and Calvin's still playing like every game is a must win. For a guy to catch 200+ yards when he's being doubled (sometimes off the line of scrimmage), and doesn't have any playoff hopes or isn't trying to win a massive salary is incredible
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Gruden made a good point to how meaningless most of the yards Megatron gained. I'm mad Roddy White went off and not Julio. I'm going against Peterson and Manning. I needed him to give me a huge night. Only got 19pts from him.

I heard Gruden say that too, and it kind of baffled me because the situation he was describing doesn't exactly fit the Lions season. They've 4th quarter leads over the Pacers and the Texans this season, and then haven't been able to hold on. They've only been blown out a few times, and in those games Johnson really hadn't been a factor. The Lions biggest problem this year (on offense anyway) were amassing a ton of yards and getting into scoring position but then screwing up mightily (mainly Stafford not quite being on point). If you look back, he's gained most of his yards prior to garbage time when the Lions were either in the game or building a lead they eventually lost.

Of course, even with the Lions struggles, anytime a player puts up the kind of numbers Johnson does (especially from a skill position most dependent on outside factors), it's incredible. He's the first player in history to have two back to back 1600 yard season (only Holt and Harrison have even done it multiple times). He's among five players in history to have 2 or more seasons of 100 yards receiving per game (only Lance Alworth has more at 3). All of this on top most likely being the first receiver to amass 2000 yards receiving.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #33
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Also, according to ESPN Stats & Information, only 588 yards of Johnson's came when the Lions were either trailing or ahead by 10+ points.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #34
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Genoooo Atkins baby. Lesgoo Bengals!
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, what a joke call for the unsportsmanlike conduct on Keisel.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #36
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Foles da Future
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ryan Clark misses a gift wrapped INT because he is always head hunting.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #38
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Remember when the Jaguars damn near beat the Texans a few weeks back?

Yeah, well they're up 10-0 n the Patriots right now. Doubt that holds up, though. Patriots are better than the Texans.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-23-2012 at 01:29 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #39
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Eagles are already 3/3 on 4th down.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #40
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Leon Hall with that pick 6 return! Lesgoo Bengals!
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #41
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

does anyone have a stream for the Cows/Saints? I'm on Colorado and the house I'm at does not get the game.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #42
KG215
NBA Legend

I'm not even sure who Josh Freeman was throwing that pass to. It was horribly underthrown.

And Janoris Jenkins is a rookie, correct? He's now got three pick-sixes this year.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #43
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Dez.

Him and Romo have singlehandedly carried me to my fantasy championship game today.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #44
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
does anyone have a stream for the Cows/Saints? I'm on Colorado and the house I'm at does not get the game.

Where at in CO brotha?

I have it on in New Mexico.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #45
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I've got a cool story about Josh Freeman. My bestfriend's sister's boyfriend is an assistant coach on the Bucs who helps out with ST and the QBs and Freeman bought him a Burberry watch and gave him $2000 as a Christmas gift. Seems like a really cool guy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: