Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far
Default Quicny Acy 2nd round steal

I personally think he is a Kenneth Faried type player - he should get so much more playing time. These spuratic good minutes by Aaron Gray are not relevant at this point since he has no major part in our future. Give Quincy Acy the minutes let him get accustomed to the speed of the NBA game. I feel this guy is a steal - what are the other Raptors fans opinion? I haven't heard to mch talk about him on this forum.

Last edited by 00playboy00 : 01-21-2013 at 06:00 PM.
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Quicny Acy 2nd round steal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00playboy00
I personally think he is a Kenneth Faried type player - he should get so much more playing time. These spuratic good minutes by Aaron Gray are not relevant at this point since he has no major part in our future. Give Quincy Acy the minutes let him get accustomed to the speed of the NBA game. I eel this guy is a steal - what are the other Raptors fans opinion? I haven't heard to mch talk about him on this forum.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far

why the chapel face bokes? the chances he's had on the court he's shown potential. He might not be at that Kenneth Faried level yet but he's a player who if developed the right way why not?
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My apologies, normally i'd give a good response of my view point but I had to take a second look when I saw Acy and Faried in the same sentence. The only similarity that I can really see is that they are both hard workers. Acy however is very undersized at 6'8 224. He gets abused by height and length when we try and stick him at the 4 or 5. He's not overly athletic. And truthfully I see him struggling to stay on an NBA roster beyond a team like ours with injuries and desperate need
Old 01-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Carl Landry at best and thats a generous comparison.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Draft Express put his best scenario as Hakim Warrick. When DX gives your BEST case scenario as Hakim Warrick, you know you aren't a guy with a ton of potential. Carl Landry is being VERY generous.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
My apologies, normally i'd give a good response of my view point but I had to take a second look when I saw Acy and Faried in the same sentence. The only similarity that I can really see is that they are both hard workers. Acy however is very undersized at 6'8 224. He gets abused by height and length when we try and stick him at the 4 or 5. He's not overly athletic. And truthfully I see him struggling to stay on an NBA roster beyond a team like ours with injuries and desperate need

X2.

Nothing to see here, be lucky if he is still in the league in two years.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
X2.

Nothing to see here, be lucky if he is still in the league in two years.

Yeah I agree. Marginal player. I'm sure he's having a blast though.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Loved him at Baylor but when I found out he was only 6'8 I knew he'd struggle to make an impact in the NBA. I'd still like to see him on the court though, he can be pretty fun to watch and the Raptors aren't good.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Loved him at Baylor but when I found out he was only 6'8 I knew he'd struggle to make an impact in the NBA. I'd still like to see him on the court though, he can be pretty fun to watch and the Raptors aren't good.
ummm, I beg to differ. This is the team that just took out the only team the experts had faith in to take out the Heat this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2012/s...s-nba-champion
Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #11
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

I think he could be a Reggie Evans type player. Reggie's carved out a nice career in the NBA as a niche player. A nice guy to have coming off the bench at his peak.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: