Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Bargnani trade proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse
I wouldn't mind getting Gasol either, but the issue is that he has already stated he has no intention of being a role player off the bench. I wouldn't want Davis or Val (when healthy) coming off the bench.

I don't have any issues with Val coming off the bench when he returns. He still has lots of learning to do and as long as he still gets minutes then I am good with him coming off the bench.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people

I think this line up could do well if we trade for Gasol:

Pg- Calderon/Lowry
Sg- DeRozan/Ross
Sf- Fields/Anderson
Pf- Davis/Amir/Acy
C- Gasol/Val

I think our front court would be SOLID with Gasol a good veteran pick up. And before you all start complaining about his salary let me say what do you care? do you pay his salary? its about time Toronto starts spending like the big boys. Solid guard rotation as well. And Anderson is beasting it at SF this dude can play.
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

Option 2 is not a Bargnani trade butill postit anyway.

What do yall thnk about a Valanciunas for Demarcus Cousins Swap straigh up? Both are high draft pick centers and both are projected well. Slot Cousins in at the five with our mini twin towers of Davis/Amir and thats a pretty solid front court. NOt sure what to do with Bargnani after but i havent thought that far. lol
Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This video had me rolling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJC8kCVxeQ Bargnani is for sale.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #20
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

Heres a trade idea. Not saying i would do it buuut:

Cousins for Valnciunas

straight up

does that work? do the math. who says no?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
Heres a trade idea. Not saying i would do it buuut:

Cousins for Valnciunas

straight up

does that work? do the math. who says no?

I do.

Even his immense talent doesn't make up for his toxcicity.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
This video had me rolling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJC8kCVxeQ Bargnani is for sale.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #23
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

how about:

Toronto gets- Josh Smith
Atlanta gets- Lowry & Bargnani

Atlanta gets a young promising pg to team up with horford considering harris is a free agent.

Raps lineup

C- Valanciunas/amir/gray
pf- davis/amir/acy
sf- smith/fields/anderson
sg- DeRozan/ross
pg- Calderon/lucas

does this make both teams better especially the raps? would you do it? can we resign smith and how much is he worth to be that star 3 weve been needing?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #24
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
how about:

Toronto gets- Josh Smith
Atlanta gets- Lowry & Bargnani

Atlanta gets a young promising pg to team up with horford considering harris is a free agent.

Raps lineup

C- Valanciunas/amir/gray
pf- davis/amir/acy
sf- smith/fields/anderson
sg- DeRozan/ross
pg- Calderon/lucas

does this make both teams better especially the raps? would you do it? can we resign smith and how much is he worth to be that star 3 weve been needing?

If BC can convince Josh Smith to sign here without signing a contract with a term of 5 years and weekly salary of less than 14 million I let BC stay. Otherwise the only contract that he'd sign would be 5 years 20 million per.
kmart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
If BC can convince Josh Smith to sign here without signing a contract with a term of 5 years and weekly salary of less than 14 million I let BC stay. Otherwise the only contract that he'd sign would be 5 years 20 million per.
And to add to that, even a max contract offer wouldn't be a guarantee that he would stay here considering there's other places he'd want to go and other teams that would give him the same.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...m-a-max-player
Quote:
He's just 27 and has put together three consecutive seasons of high-level basketball. He's definitely set for a payday. What kind of payday? Well, if you ask Smith, the highest kind.

“I feel like I'm a max player,” Smith said, via The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I feel I bring a lot to the table. I have a lot of versatility. For what I do and what I give this ballclub, I feel like I'm worth it.”

The obvious question is if other league executives feel the same way about Smith. Knowing the NBA, someone probably does.

A max for Smith would be five years and close to $94 million. Which is almost as much as Johnson got, a move the Hawks seemed to regret almost the moment after they inked him.

Smith was asked about that, too, the Hawks having an unfortunate history with max deals.

“There shouldn't be any hesitation. I'm Josh Smith; I'm not anybody else. I'm not Michael Jordan. I'm not LeBron James. I'm not Brook Lopez. I'm Josh Smith. You can't look at what might've happened with another person. Let's say Joe. You can't say, ‘I'm skeptical of giving another person that' because of whatever they feel like happened."
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Remember last season when Colangelo was saying that whenever other GMs called him, it was usually about Bargnani? I wonder if that's still case (or ever was).
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #27
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Trade doesn't really accomplish anything. Ilyasova's contract is less on a per year basis but you're stuck with it for an extra year. I don't think he's THIS bad but still.

If you can't con someone into giving up even a marginal. long-term asset in a deal for Bargnani, just reduce his role and wait out his contract or amnesty him. Hopefully when a new GM takes over, the real rebuild will begin. No more quick fixes!

Agree about the amnesty.

Don't think the Raps would be able to get anything but someone else's problem for AB, so just wait it out and cut ties.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #28
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
And to add to that, even a max contract offer wouldn't be a guarantee that he would stay here considering there's other places he'd want to go and other teams that would give him the same.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...m-a-max-player

The only other person I can come up with when thinking of comparables to Lebron and Jordan is also Brook Lopez.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #29
el gringos
Decent college freshman

el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Remember last season when Colangelo was saying that whenever other GMs called him, it was usually about Bargnani? I wonder if that's still case (or ever was).
for anyone not looking for a scapegoat of course they would. He's the best player on your roster but now his value is at an all time low- wouldn't that draw a whole new round of calls to see if Tor sees his value down now as well. Calderon prob gets a lot of calls as well
Bargnani, kleiza, and Calderon (or Lowry)
For
Amare, Felton, c copeland, 1st

Heck I'd even take Bargnani, kleiza, and fields for amare, copeland, James white
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: