Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #16
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Amare calls out Ginobili

it obviously wasn't on purpose. that is how ginobili is so good and able to drive to the hoop without being blocked. it seems unfair, but it's smart on his part
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Of course it was done on purpose...you can see him making sure he creates space by using his foot like Karl in that other picture...he didn't mean to kick him in the balls but that's dangerous **** he could also injure people more seriously...his momentum gives that kick a lot of force.....

Those are the things that piss me off abut the Spurs other teams like my hapless Raps would get called for a offensive foul on that.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #18
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

he broke bell's rib. bell has had his dirty plays with kobe (he deserved it) and brad miller. but he at least doesnt play so out of control. manu plays dirty like a girl/
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #19
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

I saw the game live and watched many replays (possibly more than usual per Kobe's suspension) and it looked completely unintentional.

Anyhoot, how well did both Amare and Ginobli play...just fantastic.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
asd
High school junior varsity star

asd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
His leg was out before he made contact.

leg out before contact...hmm, i believe that's called a kick

in this case, a kick to the nuts
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Its similar to Kobe's suspension act against Ginobli. Kobe was trying to make contact with the defender in order to create a foul from a blocked shot, but "accidentally" hit floppy Manu in the process. Ginobli was also trying to make contact with Amare by extending his knee out. But unlike Kobe, floppy Manu got the call and to his favor.

I'd like to see what the league will do to Manu because I think it's just like what Kobe did.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #22
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Stoudemire's eventful evening included a technical foul after a collision with Manu Ginobili with 9:07 remaining. Ginobili drove toward the basket, leaped to shoot and caught Stoudemire in the groin with a knee as Stoudemire delivered a hand to the Spurs guard's face.

Amazing how noone has mentioned this. Not that I'm a fan of how Manu plays, but Amare did get him in the head. And looking at the replay I don't think it was because of the knee. It seemed simultaneous.

Also, wouldn't you normally go right down and roll around on the floor as soon as you get hit? Not get up and go after the guy, get held back, yell, then roll around. Not that it didn't hurt, but looked like a bit of drama queen.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #23
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Amazing how noone has mentioned this. Not that I'm a fan of how Manu plays, but Amare did get him in the head. And looking at the replay I don't think it was because of the knee. It seemed simultaneous.

Also, wouldn't you normally go right down and roll around on the floor as soon as you get hit? Not get up and go after the guy, get held back, yell, then roll around. Not that it didn't hurt, but looked like a bit of drama queen.

lol his reaction was a lil late...not sure why it was weird....but amare is far from a drama queen...
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
Of course it was done on purpose...you can see him making sure he creates space by using his foot like Karl in that other picture...he didn't mean to kick him in the balls but that's dangerous **** he could also injure people more seriously...his momentum gives that kick a lot of force.....

Those are the things that piss me off abut the Spurs other teams like my hapless Raps would get called for a offensive foul on that.

When has the Raptors got called for an offensive foul similar to that play? Why compare the Raps to the Spurs? You want the same treatment? Win phucking games. How bout that?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #25
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Also, wouldn't you normally go right down and roll around on the floor as soon as you get hit?

He's not D-Wade....:

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #26
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:

You know why it wasn't mentioned? Because that was a normal basketball motion. When trying to defend shots sometimes contact is made to the offensive player. It happens. What shouldnt happen is using your knee as a shield to the defender, then hitting him square in the nuts in the peak of both of your jumps.

Quote:

Not sure how long its been since you've been hit in the balls, but just to explain the pain doesn't set in immediately. It almost teases you. You get a funny feeling in the pit of your stomach then a little later its like the sh*t over comes you. I really don't think he was being dramatic there.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #27
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

LMAO Stoudemire is the flopper he fell on the floor 1minute later after getting hit. I thought when you get hit in the balls it's an immediate effect, I guess there's a side effect for him.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
LMAO Stoudemire is the flopper he fell on the floor 1minute later after getting hit. I thought when you get hit in the balls it's an immediate effect, I guess there's a side effect for him.

You obviously never been hit in the sac before
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #29
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You obviously never been hit in the sac before
you obviously haven't. who gets hit and starts to fight the person that hit them and then 2 mins later is lying on the floor. I mean who does that?
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #30
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
You know why it wasn't mentioned? Because that was a normal basketball motion. When trying to defend shots sometimes contact is made to the offensive player. It happens. What shouldnt happen is using your knee as a shield to the defender, then hitting him square in the nuts in the peak of both of your jumps.

Not sure how long its been since you've been hit in the balls, but just to explain the pain doesn't set in immediately. It almost teases you. You get a funny feeling in the pit of your stomach then a little later its like the sh*t over comes you. I really don't think he was being dramatic there.
Exactly, there is always that moment of anticipation before the pain sets in. Not to mention Amare probably had a lot of emotion and adrenalin running through him right then.

I'd be pissed too if someone gave me a knee to my nards too. Whenever I get hit there, I always have that few seconds to be pissed before I reall have to drop.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: