Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #31
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Default Re: Amare calls out Ginobili

From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Anyone demonizing Ginobili for this play is out of line.

What do you do when you go up for a layup? You put your knee up. You do it in drills before every game. Coaches tell you to do it from the first time you're taught layups.

Was it a pretty darn big leading knee? Yes.

But guess what? The guy's driving full steam toward the hoop, and he knows that some 6'10" freak athlete will challenge him. He's gonna give it all he's got.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #32
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I might be old but I don't need an explanation of how it feels to get hit there. But thanks for the public service KD.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
you obviously haven't. who gets hit and starts to fight the person that hit them and then 2 mins later is lying on the floor. I mean who does that?

I've been hit in the nuts where it completely handicapped me right on the spot. I've been hit in the nuts where it didnt initially suddenly your stomach starts to knot up and you try to walk off the pain which is unbearable and limits you walkin it off. The feeling lingers for awhile.

Amare wasnt hit in the nuts where it completely handicapped him. He was hit like the 2nd description and was upset. Once he stopped, the pain was really setting in. But yeah he flopped (do u even understand the meaning of the word?).

Stick to what you know. I've been tripped running rock where the impact of my body hit the ground hard. You hop up either angry or because u dont wanna lay there on the ground like a pansy. And then that pain just cripples you. So you bend over...your teammates are trying to tell you come on, play ball...you bend up, walk and hunch over. Takes you a minute. Wait you cant relate. Nevermind bro.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #34
despurs
High School JV MVP

After the game amare said he didn't think it was intentional now he does?
:rollingeyes:
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #35
Comedy Central
Kids at the park dunk on me

I doubt those who said it wasn't intentionial has ever attempt a running layup in a basketball game.

Although it's a pure natural reflection to have one of your legs raised when you jump off the other foot, it's impossible to have that kind of wide angle and reach without intentionally doing it. For those of you think kicking your foot that high could still be natural and instinctual, go attempt a few layups and observe how far your foot can reach when your leg is just raised naturally. You will see why kicking your foot that high must be intentional.

He was basically using it to stay away from body contact and creat more space for the shot, but it's a dirty move because it causes a lot risk to the shot contestant.
Comedy Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #36
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
After the game amare said he didn't think it was intentional now he does?
:rollingeyes:
His quote was from after the game.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #37
despurs
High School JV MVP

I know but on tnt they asked him about it and he said he didn't think it was intentional and now in another interview he says it was.
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
I know but on tnt they asked him about it and he said he didn't think it was intentional and now in another interview he says it was.
pops and manu said the same thing about kobe then the next day theychanged their tune.. it happens sometimes when guys have a chance to look at film...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #39
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Thing is, this is the third time in the last three or four Phx/SA games that Ginobili has "accidentally" hurt a Suns player, beginning with the play last year where Ginobili flopped into Barbosa's knee and put him on the shelf for two months.

After each "accident", it becomes more and more obvious that there's a deliberate strategy at work here.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #40
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
When has the Raptors got called for an offensive foul similar to that play? Why compare the Raps to the Spurs? You want the same treatment? Win phucking games. How bout that?

Obviously It's becuz the Spurs are good but people act like that doesn't affect the entire complexion of the game when one team is allowed to be physical and aggressive and the other is not.

My mistake in mentioning the Raps becuz they are on a entirely different level of inept but it's like when people talk about Bruce Bowens D......when he was in Miami he was never even thought of as a DPOY and he was playing better D..... but he was dirty becuz he was as heat player coached by Riley....
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
Obviously It's becuz the Spurs are good but people act like that doesn't affect the entire complexion of the game when one team is allowed to be physical and aggressive and the other is not.

My mistake in mentioning the Raps becuz they are on a entirely different level of inept but it's like when people talk about Bruce Bowens D......when he was in Miami he was never even thought of as a DPOY and he was playing better D..... but he was dirty becuz he was as heat player coached by Riley....

He onyl started for Miami 1 year. Before that? He was a journey man struggling to get minutes. He first got noticed when he started for Miami and got playing time. But then ends up in S.A so of course he wasnt thought of as a DPOY, he wasnt thought of one his early stints as a Spur.

You're making way too much of his 1 yr starting in Miami than you should. And please elaborate how he was playing better defense in Miami than in S.A.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #42
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

I'm no fan of Ginobili and he exaggerates like hell but I'm not seeing the blatant kick to the balls. Ginobili is kinda gawky on his drives and not really smooth.....I think more what he's trying to do is not jump high but jump long and that's kinda why his trajectory is lower. I could be wrong but I think he knows Amare's gonna cap him if he goes right up, so he's trying to go past him.

And i certainly wouldn't put Ginobili on Bowen's level of dirty. Two way different levels if you ask me. I know he's probably fallen off but one thing I will say about Ginobili is he has some damn good skills whereas Bowen doesn't. Bowen is much more dangerous in his defensive moves, and makes his living off doing things that shouldn't be legal. Plus Bowen always gets credit for being a great defender.......and in reality, to me it seems that Ginobili is the guy that makes that random defensive play that helps the Spurs win close games. I've gained more respect for him as the years go by.

Not that that has to do with the argument, I just didn't see it as blatant.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #43
NewYorkUSCtrojan
Man w/NBA Inside info

I want to belive what Manu did was by accident. Though, listening to sports radio. They're saying the Spurs are Old and slow, so they're using the dirty-cheap shot tatics. Spurs are taking out their opponent best player with cheap shots, Bruce Bowen does the same thing.

Also they said Popob!tch did tell the leauge to suspend Kobe, but it's on the DL. When asked Popob!tch if he did do it, he said he can't comment on it. They're saying the Lakers are right up there with the SPurs in getting a #3 playoff seed. They wanted Kobe to be suspended so the Lakers can lose games.

Take everything for the grain of salt, but everyone is seeing that Spurs are a dirty team, coach by a fraud. They're getting old and slow, everyone is beating up on them.

I hope the NBA hasn't come down to this. Though something about the Spurs team smells fishy to me...
NewYorkUSCtrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #44
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Quote:
I want to belive what Manu did was by accident. Though, listening to sports radio. They're saying the Spurs are Old and slow, so they're using the dirty-cheap shot tatics.

Ok, A, sports radio is not the gospel....and B, MOST Spurs may be older and slow (Horry, Finley, Barry, Duncan's really slowed down, Udrih is slow period, Oberto is slow as molasses)......but though i don't know Manu's age, he doesn't look slow at all. Maybe not as good as ever but I doubt he's trying to get tricky due to lack of ability. Dude was frying last night.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #45
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He onyl started for Miami 1 year. Before that? He was a journey man struggling to get minutes. He first got noticed when he started for Miami and got playing time. But then ends up in S.A so of course he wasnt thought of as a DPOY, he wasnt thought of one his early stints as a Spur.

You're making way too much of his 1 yr starting in Miami than you should. And please elaborate how he was playing better defense in Miami than in S.A.

He moved his feet better kept players in front of him without as many of the antics he now performs...also the rules were different so he was allowed to do more and some of the stuff that he still does wasn't just him gettinga free pass as a SPUR but difference in rules.

U make every example the cruz of the issue when it is not....like you said he was a journey man. people are telling me he's a better defender than his fellow journey man Raja Bell...but he isn't they are the same guy...difference is Bowen journeyed onto the SPURS.... This is not a new phenomena....I am not weeping I just wish more people acknowledge the difference...as you did... Same thing with people talking about Dirk getting foul calls...I ahve never seen a big dude get fuol calls on jumpers as him still there are people talkign about him getting more calls.....

Status Quo sucks when you are on the low end of the totem pole...that's all and it does matter....That's all I am saying....Ginobili gets away with being reckless...which he was before this play and always has been... becuz he's a SPUR that is some bull ish
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: