Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #16
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Pacific Rim

Stringer Bell goes from running the Baltimore drug trade, to protecting/saving the globe from out-of-this-world ferocious beasts. One day he's studying marketing economics 101 at local community college, the next he's suiting up in armor and saving mankind. Too bad Omar and Bow-Tie already done dropped this stank nigga. Barksdale was the real soldier, not Stringer. Barksdale should have gotten the role in Pacific Rim; dude would have already saved the planet in half the time and brought D'Angelo back to life so he could fight side by side from beyond the grave. Afterwards, D. (that's D'Angelo for those lacking The Wire knowledge) gets revenge on that stank nigga in the pen pretending to want a book, as if that dumbass could read to begin with.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #17
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want to support Guillermo, one of the few people in Hollywood that has true love for what he does. Yes it sounds like a cliche, but you can feel the passion behind his work. I want to keep supporting him because I want studios to back his future projects and leave him alone (his vision for Blade 2, Mimic, Hellboy 1 were morphed and destroyed by the studios). If his movies do good, the stuios will hopefully back him up and leave him alone. Some of the projects he has in mind appear to be great.

Besides, he seems to be from all appearances and according to all that have come across him, as a genuinely cool dude.

And he has this office:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0WXqEl846k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZmLKmWe1k

Last edited by andgar923 : 07-13-2013 at 02:20 AM.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:34 AM   #18
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Idris and Charlie interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPfC-csuQyg
Old 07-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #19
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Enough with the robots. Does anyone have pictures of the monsters?
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #20
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
Enough with the robots. Does anyone have pictures of the monsters?

Here you go my man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJh5_Jg-Vuc
Old 07-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #21
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I want to support Guillermo, one of the few people in Hollywood that has true love for what he does. Yes it sounds like a cliche, but you can feel the passion behind his work. I want to keep supporting him because I want studios to back his future projects and leave him alone (his vision for Blade 2, Mimic, Hellboy 1 were morphed and destroyed by the studios). If his movies do good, the stuios will hopefully back him up and leave him alone. Some of the projects he has in mind appear to be great.

Besides, he seems to be from all appearances and according to all that have come across him, as a genuinely cool dude.

And he has this office:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0WXqEl846k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZmLKmWe1k

Your obssession with Guino is disturbing; who the heck digs up a 4,000 view video of his crib? How did you even find this?
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:26 AM   #22
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

Why a giant robot's punch is more effective than a missile?
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:26 AM   #23
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The reason I say that is dude is nothing special; aside from Pan's Labyrinth, all of his movies are mediocre at best. He is the Tom Cruise of directors.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:38 AM   #24
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Your obssession with Guino is disturbing; who the heck digs up a 4,000 view video of his crib? How did you even find this?

I heard about his crib years ago and was fascinated with the brief description of his lair. Then I read an article which made me dig deeper until I discovered these vids.

There was an article that had a slightly more detailed look at some of his collection, very fascinating shit for a monster/horror geek like myself.

As far as his films being shit, I disagree.

All of his films have a certain charm to them, you can certainly feel he cares for them. But some of them (shit most of the major ones) have been tampered with by the studios. It's widely known that studios always tampered with his films and made them shit, apparently they weren't "hollywood" enough. So they had to change shit around without his wishes.

He's a great storyteller, he's great at drawing you in and caring about the characters because he cares about them deeply. He's also great at drawing good-great performances from his actors, they again genuinely care for the characters and want to do Guillermo proud.

I think he suffers from being to Paul MacCartney-ish, very sappy.

My admiration for him is due to his genuine and shameless love for his projects that's very childlike and almost innocent. I think directors get either to jaded or become too full of themselves at times.

I would love to see him make a straight up horror movie. He is great at setting up suspenseful sequences. I want an old school slasher gory rated R film from him someday. Or him to create a new classic monster that will live in our nightmares forever such as Frankenstein, Freddy, Jason etc.

Last edited by andgar923 : 07-13-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #25
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

Would really love to see him make gundam movies the film is pure cgi awsomeness
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #26
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This shit looks corny as fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti

Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #27
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Why would our conventional planes suck against these monsters, when punching them really hard with robots works? The kinetic force for an explosion >>>>>>>>>> the force from a punch.

Giant robots are not a good design for a military vehicle

Quote:

exactly. if we absolutely needed to we could even use tactical nukes.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #28
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Maybe it's both, like Alisa in Tekken
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #29
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

reviews have been pretty good
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #30
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

saw this, it's exactly what you expect it to be, in a good way.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: