Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Who would you build around - Blake Griffin or James Harden?

I was thinking about this earlier when I thought about the best guys based on the year they were born.

Among the players who are born in '89 the two who stand out are these two players.

Based on previous years I'd take BG but based on ceiling and being the number one option and a star I'd take Harden, what about you guys?

millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who would you build around - Blake Griffin or James Harden?

harden

blake still needs someone to feed him the ball
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
B-hoop
High School JV MVP

B-hoop has decent reputationB-hoop has decent reputation

Blake, its easier to build around a big man who doesnt need the ball in his hands all the time.
B-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-hoop
Blake, its easier to build around a big man who doesnt need the ball in his hands all the time.

Thats not blake... Blake's not really good off the ball
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Harden. He can create on his own, amazing playmaker. Blake is a solid second option though
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

They are both #2 options. One is just better at it than the other.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is neither an option? No?

I can write an essay on this, but at the end of the day I'd take Harden, despite the "Big-men win championships" law. The man has an uncanny ability to take-over and close out games. He obviously needs to polish himself as a #1 scoring option, but he's closer to it than Blake. His defense is also more promising. I also like beards. Make a note of that.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's too early to tell if Griffin is a true franchise player or not. Same with Harden, but great scoring wings seem to be the better franchise player these days.

Since the 2003 class, it's been mostly wing's.

LeBron - 3 MVP's, 1 title, 1 F-MVP
Wade - 2 titles, 1 F-MVP
Kobe - 2 titles, MVP, 2 F-MVP
Durant - no major award but he's been top 3 in MVP race the past 3 seasons
Rose - MVP

Besides Duncan in 2003-05, I don't see any true franchise bigs in the league other than Dwight and Dirk.

There are a lot of good PF but only two are considered elite, Dwight & Dirk.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #9
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
harden

blake still needs someone to feed him the ball

?????????????????????????
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Is neither an option? No?

I can write an essay on this, but at the end of the day I'd take Harden, despite the "Big-men win championships" law. The man has an uncanny ability to take-over and close out games. He obviously needs to polish himself as a #1 scoring option, but he's closer to it than Blake. His defense is also more promising. I also like beards. Make a note of that.

But people also need to realize that there are more PF's who are just as or close to being as good as Griffin compared to SG's who are better or as good as Harden.

James Harden is definitely a top 3 SG in this league but having a look at the PF situation around the league there are some ballers around the league. Guys like Z-Bo, Love, Aldridge, Nowitzki, Bosh, Lee, Duncan, Jefferson, Stoudemire. It's close up there among the PF's and there.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

They're both first options and I'm rather unsure why people like to think otherwise...and people say I speak unequivocally.

Both are great and neither one is selfish. Whichever you pick, you're good.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll take the bearded dragon. Griffin is aight too
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Being top-3 at a position doesn't make a player a lock in my eyes. There was a time when Reggie Miller and Mitch Richmond were top SG's but I'm wouldn't take them over a franchise big. George Gervin was a league-leading scorer but he never got a championship. Granted it's not one-man teams. I'd take Griffin personally, especially as he becomes more seasoned and his jump shot comes around. Harden is very versatile and can put the ball in the basket, but seems like an ideal #2 IMO (for a championship team).
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
They're both first options and I'm rather unsure why people like to think otherwise...and people say I speak unequivocally.
Put them in a scenario lets say... Playoffs, big game, must-win, are either of them really stepping it up that much? Sorry? Are you thinking this over? It's questionable is it not? Interesting...

So yeah, they're not necessarily 'first' options.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Hardens gonna be clutch as fvck in a few years.. We've already seen glimpses of his takeover ability. I'm taking him easily.. Not to say Blake doesn't have a case. He does but I would take harden without thinking too long.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: