Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Lakers all-white Xmas uniforms = a one-time thing

If you loved the Lakers’ nearly all white uniforms Tuesday, sorry. If they hurt your eyes, good news.

The Lakers are not wearing them again this season. It was a Christmas-only uniform production by the NBA.

Lakers players wore purple socks with the uniforms Tuesday — although Kobe Bryant opted out and wore white socks with his splashy, multi-colored Nike Kobe Zoom 8 sneakers.

-- OC Register
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers all-white Xmas uniforms = a one-time thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
If you loved the Lakers’ nearly all white uniforms Tuesday, sorry. If they hurt your eyes, good news.

The Lakers are not wearing them again this season. It was a Christmas-only uniform production by the NBA.

Lakers players wore purple socks with the uniforms Tuesday — although Kobe Bryant opted out and wore white socks with his splashy, multi-colored Nike Kobe Zoom 8 sneakers.

-- OC Register

I'm an old guy who likes to stick to traditional jerseys.........ugh, I just thought of those horrible Los Lakers jerseys that make me sick every year.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm an old guy who likes to stick to traditional jerseys.........ugh, I just thought of those horrible Los Lakers jerseys that make me sick every year.

Yeah but its just another way for these NBA guys to make money. There are going to be a bunch of morons that would spend a bunch of money on those jerseys. Its a good move business wise. I loved those jerseys though. Beautifully designed.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Mgamer20o0
Serious playground baller

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

i really liked the all white uniforms but glad they are only 1 time use.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just marketing as LF said for some extra bucks and to make it look at bit different out there on christmas day
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah but its just another way for these NBA guys to make money. There are going to be a bunch of morons that would spend a bunch of money on those jerseys. Its a good move business wise. I loved those jerseys though. Beautifully designed.

You are absolutely correct, it is a great business move but.....ugh!!!!
One day some marketing guys will come up with a plan to have the Lakers play Boston and wear each others colors......I don't know who will lead the revolt against it first....me....or Jerry West....lol.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You are absolutely correct, it is a great business move but.....ugh!!!!
One day some marketing guys will come up with a plan to have the Lakers play Boston and wear each others colors......I don't know who will lead the revolt against it first....me....or Jerry West....lol.

It reminds me of the rumor before the season started. The NBA was thinking of going European style, and putting a bunch of advertisements on the jerseys. A transaction that would have made nearly ever owner in the NBA rich. Something that could have avoided a future lockout.

What was your opinion on such a thing?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
It reminds me of the rumor before the season started. The NBA was thinking of going European style, and putting a bunch of advertisements on the jerseys. A transaction that would have made nearly ever owner in the NBA rich. Something that could have avoided a future lockout.

What was your opinion on such a thing?

I would absolutely go nuts and storm the NBA office if they put ads all over the jerseys....1 small ad would upset me but more would push me off the cliff.
There has to be some end to the greed.....just because you CAN make a buck doesn't mean you should always do it.......kinda the sports equivalent to prostitution. I still struggle to stomach arena naming rights......it's better now because most arenas or stadiums are created with those names......unlike when the Forum became the "Great Western Forum"......it wasn't as bad because it was a fitting name that didn't sound like a bank.

Q: If you were offered a million bucks to put a company's name across your forehead and had to leave it on for the rest of your life.....would you do it?
I know some will answer yes
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I would absolutely go nuts and storm the NBA office if they put ads all over the jerseys....1 small ad would upset me but more would push me off the cliff.
There has to be some end to the greed.....just because you CAN make a buck doesn't mean you should always do it.......kinda the sports equivalent to prostitution. I still struggle to stomach arena naming rights......it's better now because most arenas or stadiums are created with those names......unlike when the Forum became the "Great Western Forum"......it wasn't as bad because it was a fitting name that didn't sound like a bank.

Q: If you were offered a million bucks to put a company's name across your forehead and had to leave it on for the rest of your life.....would you do it?
I know some will answer yes

I would say a million isn't enough lool.

I can see where you're coming from though. I would suppose that this can be done, but in a controlled manner.

Take for example nationally televised games. They are always taking an extra 15 minutes to start after their reported tip-off time. My idea for the NBA is this:

If you want to put ads on our jerseys, you only do it on nationally televised games. Some teams don't even get airtime, which sucks to be them lol. As for the playoffs, you do not think of EVER requesting ads on jerseys. Playoffs are a time of basketball where players don't get paid a salary, and they go out to compete in a manner which displays their love for the game. If the players play for the love of the game during this part of the season, then there should not be any sort of money talks involved either.

What would you think of this idea? I think its pretty good. but of course, I know that most fans and players would rather not wear them at any time.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
I would say a million isn't enough lool.

I can see where you're coming from though. I would suppose that this can be done, but in a controlled manner.

Take for example nationally televised games. They are always taking an extra 15 minutes to start after their reported tip-off time. My idea for the NBA is this:

If you want to put ads on our jerseys, you only do it on nationally televised games. Some teams don't even get airtime, which sucks to be them lol. As for the playoffs, you do not think of EVER requesting ads on jerseys. Playoffs are a time of basketball where players don't get paid a salary, and they go out to compete in a manner which displays their love for the game. If the players play for the love of the game during this part of the season, then there should not be any sort of money talks involved either.

What would you think of this idea? I think its pretty good. but of course, I know that most fans and players would rather not wear them at any time.

I'm not for them at any time for any reason.......but IF they want to put them on the warmups I wouldn't object.......eh......not too loudly
Old 12-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

They already make enough money as it is. Why give them more ideas? I don't want ads on the jerseys on any player. One little Nike sign or Adidas sign is fine. Any more - hell no as DKlaker said!

Also, I'm not sure what you're saying about not getting paid a salary in playoff. Players get extra salary bonuses for playing in playoffs - most of them have it within their contracts. (Guaranteed vs non-guaranteed portions of contracts, etc).. + playing well in playoffs = better and bigger contract deals down the road.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
They already make enough money as it is. Why give them more ideas? I don't want ads on the jerseys on any player. One little Nike sign or Adidas sign is fine. Any more - hell no as DKlaker said!

Also, I'm not sure what you're saying about not getting paid a salary in playoff. Players get extra salary bonuses for playing in playoffs - most of them have it within their contracts. (Guaranteed vs non-guaranteed portions of contracts, etc).. + playing well in playoffs = better and bigger contract deals down the road.

Yeah......I didn't even address that issue but yeah, they DO get paid for playoffs as you said PLUS playoff share money which increases per round.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #13
artex
♫♪♫

artex is considered somewhat coolartex is considered somewhat cool

they were kindve weak compared to everyone else's christmas jerseys . knicks unis were ****en ill for sure , i wish they would bring these back for us

artex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Meh.

Not a big fan. I've always liked the old school lakers jerseys.

The ones that magic and captain played with.

Best jersey by far. We should have stayed with the original classic away on purple and black and yellow and purple away.

2 jerseys. Nothing else. You play your hardest every game regardless of jerseys.
Kind of takes away the uniqueness of a teams jerseys if you keep making alternatives and Christmas jerseys and los lakers and all this other shit.

Keep it simple, classic, and legit. 2 jerseys man.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong wayBallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Meh.

Not a big fan. I've always liked the old school lakers jerseys.

The ones that magic and captain played with.

Best jersey by far. We should have stayed with the original classic away on purple and black and yellow and purple away.

2 jerseys. Nothing else. You play your hardest every game regardless of jerseys.
Kind of takes away the uniqueness of a teams jerseys if you keep making alternatives and Christmas jerseys and los lakers and all this other shit.

Keep it simple, classic, and legit. 2 jerseys man.

I thought it was cool that they switched out to the retro short short jerseys for that game against the Celtics a few seasons ago for Christmas. This year, not so much on second thought.

I like the home and road, but the sunday home white and yellow jerseys rock too and would be the first one I would purchase if I wanted to buy a Laker jersey.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: