Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Source: Jets want Vick

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1223973

On phone, in link
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Source: Jets want Vick

If they can get him they should. I don't agree with the theory that they have to stick with Sanchez for the 8 mil. That's a lot of money but it's worse to doom your franchise to losing over it; instead of wasting 8 mil you are wasting your whole season.

They still have to come up with a long-term solution though. Vick is 32 (I think).
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ridiculous. He's going to get skewered by the media here, he is a turnover machine which is the opposite of what the Jets needs, and the Jets line sucks and Vick gets concussions like once a year now. He's basically a much better QB with all the problems Sanchez has. And older. And injury prone.

Vick needs a place with a good line and a good outlet receiver he can just throw it up too rather than run and be killed. And very mild media. Like Arizona.

I don't think the dog stuff also should define Vick (as heinous as i think it is i think it should not be a concern for a team anymore) but it will be brought back up if he comes to the Jets with the coverage they get. If Vick comes here he'll need to be ready to discuss that crap again and he can't be flippant, or say something dumb. Does he want that?

The Jets needs a longterm plan that doesn't involve getting tons of attention or going for the biggest name available.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Typical Jets move and like others mentioned he's an aging, often injured turnover machine. They need some type of veteran presence at the QB position, a guy who doesn't turn the ball over and can manage the offense.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Source: Jets need a ****ing clue because they don't have one.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Im convinced Vick f*cked Niko's Mom or his girlfriend...

Niko has a hissy fit anytime Vick is mentioned...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Ridiculous. He's going to get skewered by the media here, he is a turnover machine which is the opposite of what the Jets needs, and the Jets line sucks and Vick gets concussions like once a year now. He's basically a much better QB with all the problems Sanchez has. And older. And injury prone.

Vick needs a place with a good line and a good outlet receiver he can just throw it up too rather than run and be killed. And very mild media. Like Arizona.

I don't think the dog stuff also should define Vick (as heinous as i think it is i think it should not be a concern for a team anymore) but it will be brought back up if he comes to the Jets with the coverage they get. If Vick comes here he'll need to be ready to discuss that crap again and he can't be flippant, or say something dumb. Does he want that?

The Jets needs a longterm plan that doesn't involve getting tons of attention or going for the biggest name available.

I also think Vick is going to be a Cardinal but wouldn't rule out him going to the Jets. He just seems the perfect fit for what they like to do as far as always bringing in the "big name" in the off season.

I also can't shake the feeling that the Jets will do what ever they can to get Jonny Football when he declares for the draft.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1

Vick is just living off his name at this point.. He's 32, injury prone and a turnover machine.. He's not a bad player but he's not going to be the guy the Jets need at the QB position, they need someone who can bring stability.

But Vick is the type of guy NY always goes after
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:

He's a terrible fit. He's always injured, the Jets have a terrible O-Line, he's not that good with the media, and the media here is already mentioning he killed dogs. ALREADY. Because of rumors that he might be coming. You see this as a positive to the Jets circus or Vick's career?

Note: Who has been more right about what Vick would do this year, me or you?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He's a terrible fit. He's always injured, the Jets have a terrible O-Line, he's not that good with the media, and the media here is already mentioning he killed dogs. ALREADY. Because of rumors that he might be coming. You see this as a positive to the Jets circus or Vick's career?

I really dont know if he would be a good fit on the Jets or not....

Only drama queens like you still bring up the dog stuff...

Quote:
Note: Who has been more right about what Vick would do this year, me or you?

I was wrong about the whole team this year. I can admit that. I don't think the blame for this season falls more on Vick than anybody else. Its time for the Eagles to move on from this

But Vick is hardly as bad as you constantly whine he is..

You were wrong from the very beginning. You laughed and doubted it when people said he was playing alot better..

So dont talk to me about who was wrong and who was right

Youve been simply whining since you were initially wrong about whether he could still play or not.

I dont doubt he can still play for somebody, but your opinion means sh*t around here because you have never been objective about it.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
I really dont know if he would be a good fit on the Jets or not....

Only drama queens like you still bring up the dog stuff...

I was wrong about the whole team this year. I can admit that. I don't think the blame for this season falls more on Vick than anybody else. Its time for the Eagles to move on from this

But Vick is hardly as bad as you constantly whine he is..

You were wrong from the very beginning. You laughed and doubted it when people said he was playing alot better..

So dont talk to me about who was wrong and who was right

Youve been simply whining since you were initially wrong about whether he could still play or not.

I dont doubt he can still play for somebody, but your opinion means sh*t around here because you have never been objective about it.

I said he is a bad fit for the Jets, not that he is a terrible QB. In this thread, Knickballer said he sucks, and i said he doesn't fit, and you jumped on me. That's your issue, not mine.

And i brought up the dog stuff because the NY media is bringing it up. Have you followed the Jets at all this year? Do you think that dysfunctional mess combined with Vick's past makes sense? I'm not in the NY media, where is this "Niko is bringing it up". The newspapers and radio are bringing it up.

Unless this thread is something i missed other than "vick on the Jets" you'll need to excuse me because i said nothing wrong.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I said he is a bad fit for the Jets, not that he is a terrible QB. In this thread, Knickballer said he sucks, and i said he doesn't fit, and you jumped on me. That's your issue, not mine.

I jumped on you because you are a drama queen when it comes to Vick.. You always have been..

Sorta like you were with Lebron

Quote:

And i brought up the dog stuff because the NY media is bringing it up. Have you followed the Jets at all this year? Do you think that dysfunctional mess combined with Vick's past makes sense? I'm not in the NY media, where is this "Niko is bringing it up". The newspapers and radio are bringing it up.

There is nothing left to talk about when it comes to the dogs Whats left to say? Even in New York?

there is no more legs to that story..'

Like I said, only people who cant get beyond it still bring it up. You are one of those people.

You are the same knucklehead who said Vick shouldnt buy his kid a dog because what the media might say

Quote:
Unless this thread is something i missed other than "vick on the Jets" you'll need to excuse me because i said nothing wrong.

Actually, You said nothing at all...

whether or not Vick is a good fit for the Jets is your opinion.

Im saying your opinion aint worth sh*t because you are drama queen who focuses on nonsense most of the time
Old 12-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
I jumped on you because you are a drama queen when it comes to Vick.. You always have been..

Sorta like you were with Lebron

There is nothing left to talk about when it comes to the dogs Whats left to say? Even in New York?

there is no more legs to that story..'

Like I said, only people who cant get beyond it still bring it up. You are one of those people.

You are the same knucklehead who said Vick shouldnt buy his kid a dog because what the media might say

Actually, You said nothing at all...

whether or not Vick is a good fit for the Jets is your opinion.

Im saying your opinion aint worth sh*t because you are drama queen who focuses on nonsense most of the time

Whatever. You aren't even discussing the topic, you are basically just here to say NIKO IS WRONG. I'm not a Jet fan, good luck to Vick if he chooses to join that circus over a team he'd actually have a chance to thrive in.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Arizona has the worst offensive line in the NFL.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Arizona has the worst offensive line in the NFL.

I'd trust them more to upgrade though than the Jets would. BUt you're right, i didn't know that.

To me NY is a bad fit because they aren't going to put Vick in a situation to succeed, they are going to put him in a situation and say SAVE US MICHAEL! PLEASE!

He was in a very QB friendly system with a very good offensive coach in Reid (flawed as he could be). Going to the Jets seems the opposite.

Maybe he fits, maybe it's the old Oakland Raiders misfits and all the added distractions are nothing and Rex and the Jets make some rational personnel decisions to help him out but that's an iffy bet to me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: