Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #151
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

KB24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
If the Nets didn't finish in the top 6 seeds in the East by seasons end. I'd say, it's ok to just cut ties. But The guy didn't even get 2 months with a brand new team.

In the full month he had, he won Coach of the month, something changed the chemistry (Brook's injury and Deron's mood) and they struggled. The Clippers had a stretch like this last year after Billups went down, but they fixed it. Avery is a much better coach than Del Negro, and I think they'd have figured it out.

This firing is a bigger disgrace than Mike Brown's 5 games

brown had a season and 5 games
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #152
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Actual quote of how I feel about Williams also:

Quote:
I get that kinda, but the Gerald Wallace trade was atrocious because there was absolutely no upside to that.

And please do not get me started on the Drama Williams trade.

He's like the 80/ 20 rule.

You guys had a fat naive wife who simply had to be molded into what you wanted and she was all for it (Favors & Harris) but instead you went for the hot bitch that refuses to cook, clean, but complains all the time, wants to be taken to the finest restaraunts and events, and only wants to have sex on her terms (Deron Williams), all while flirting w/ other dudes (Dwight Howard, Lakers, Mavs) right in front of you.

That's when you wake up and see she's not about sh*t and move on, instead Billy King buys an engagement ring (Wallace).

End of the day, Avery wasn't anything spectacular as a coach but man he deserved a better player than what he ended up with (although it was rumored he can't coach PG's ie his dispute with Jason Kidd in Dallas before being fired there).
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #153
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's hilarious to me that people are acting like Coach Of The Month means something.

Remember when every guy that won Coach Of The YEAR used to get fired the next season?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #154
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'd give PJ the keys to the franchise and as much money as he wanted if he'd be willing to accept them.

but then i'd realise that even such a move wouldn't really fix the nets' fundamental problems... that they foolishly locked themselves in to a bunch of horrible contracts with a group of players who simply don't mesh that well as a 'contender'-level team.

no, ideally i'd blow the team up and start over. it would be painful of course, but a realistic step, and would at least would give us nets fans realistic hopes for the future.

instead, since you only get one amnesty per summer (not five), we'll hire a good coach, like one of the gundys or mcmillian or someone else, and we'll mentally mast-----e for a good long while over the idea that our problem was really just coaching and not the above-mentioned items. we'll make lemonade out of lemons for the next couple years, and i'll adjust my expectations as always and just try to enjoy the ride, and when some of my fellow nets' fans go off on the "nets are on a win-streak so that means we're a going to the finals" schtick, i'll bite my tongue as i usually do, nod my head like an idiot, and wave the B&W brookly knight flag that mister jay-zee himself personally designed.

yessir.

I think the GWall trade was the only wtf move. Cap space is overrated in that you can't just keep waiting for people to sign with you... unless you're a team like NY or LA. I don't think GWall is worth what they gave up; it doesn't make sense to give up such a high pick unless the draft is absolute shit. Even then, you never know. I think they got a steal for JJ if you don't look at the money. He still isn't playing his best.

The Nets aren't a championship contender. They never be with their roster, but they are a good team. I'd compare them to a team like Memphis if they can get everything clicking. They have the pieces. They just aren't on that LAL (still think they can win), OKC, MIA, SAS level of talent and cohesiveness. But in the East the only team far and away better than them is Miami.

They have a team that is constructed by "the NBA championship blueprint" even. Scoring 2, do-it-all 3, all-star PG. They even have a workman PF and an all-star caliber C. The problem is there is something tiny missing from everyone... be it age or talent or motivation.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #155
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

they need a big move to bring attention back to their team with the Knicks being so good , time to throw a huge contract to Phil Jackson
flipogb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #156
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
It's hilarious to me that people are acting like Coach Of The Month means something.

Remember when every guy that won Coach Of The YEAR used to get fired the next season?

what it means is that avery needed more time. you take the good with the bad. just as he led the nets to 11-4 and everyone was praising him, we needed to ride the storm of December and give him another month or two. Firing him because of a bad 10 game stretch is unfair.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #157
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Guy was given two months with an almost completely new cast of characters, including several superstars. I hope the Nets live to regret it.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #158
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't like Avery and wanted him gone but this firing made no sense. It gives a bad signal to the rest of the league as well as potential coaching.

Bad, bad move. Almost like an emotional, panic move. I'll be surprised if any coach worth a damn will take the job with us.

However, that said, I'd like to see Nate McMillan as coach. Jerry Sloan too, but we all know why he won't be.

Oh, and it's unfair to pin this on Deron. I really don't think this is his fault.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #159
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
And Derrick favors for deron Williams.

Imagine seen that pick and roll develop. Fvck this quick fix shit.

and Kanter and Harris(now Marvin Gaye thankfully) and a player yet to picked stll.

Quote:

lol I wouldnt be surprised even if its per month lol. But seriously, this
team does not need PJ, he cant coach star PGs. Its better suited for Jerry
Sloan's system, although Nate Mcmillan will fit as well.

It won't be Jerry that's for sure I don't see McMillan after Avery either. They said Phil couldn't coach a big man before Shaq too. The way Deron is playing he could be in the Fisher/Kerr/Paxson/etc role.

Quote:
The rookie has to play defense...does anyone remember what Deron's defensive stance is like? Because I don't remember. I was happy the last time Deron played defense.

And that's what he was supposed to have on Paul coming into the league.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #160
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
P.J. Carlesimo the interim?

The Nets may get a lottery pick. He's a terrible coach. This is the same dude who insisted on playing Kevin Durant at shooting guard.

PJ was two points from winning a national championship in college and made a decent 44 to 49 win team out of the Blazers with a bunch of misfits.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/1997.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/1996.html
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #161
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He's horrible. Hard to believe he keeps getting hired.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #162
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
and Kanter and Harris(now Marvin Gaye thankfully) and a player yet to picked stll.

It won't be Jerry that's for sure I don't see McMillan after Avery either. They said Phil couldn't coach a big man before Shaq too. The way Deron is playing he could be in the Fisher/Kerr/Paxson/etc role.

And that's what he was supposed to have on Paul coming into the league.
I didn't know he could ball too. Or is Marvin Williams out on the court singing Ain't That Peculiar to himself?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #163
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Was this Billy King jumping the gun to fire Avery in order to save his own @ss? I wouldn't bet against it.

No reputable coach is going to take that job. PJ is a downgrade from Avery. This was a bad move, and will probably cost King his job down the road.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #164
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Kind of shocking to me they fired him so quickly. The team is in a bad skid right now, but damn that's a tough situation.

It's like the Nets expected to be Championship contenders or something lol
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #165
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Was this Billy King jumping the gun to fire Avery in order to save his own @ss? I wouldn't bet against it.

No reputable coach is going to take that job. PJ is a downgrade from Avery. This was a bad move, and will probably cost King his job down the road.

The firing was a call from prok to billy voicing his concern of this slow start. billy tried to save avery's job but prok had no patience left.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: