Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #166
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
The firing was a call from prok to billy voicing his concern of this slow start. billy tried to save avery's job but prok had no patience left.
Where did you get that info?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #167
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I didn't know he could ball too. Or is Marvin Williams out on the court singing Ain't That Peculiar to himself?

Middle name Gaye. His parents had good taste in music I guess.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #168
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

I heard today was his wife's birthday too. Damn, they did Avery wrong
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #169
gilalizard
National High School Star

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Jim Buss already writing down his name in the worthy mr. pringles sucessors list

Jim's eyes light up with a fevered, "are-all-these-presents-for-me?" glow.

"Watch out Greatness," Buss thinks to himself. "Big Jim is coming for you."
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #170
Faberg
Local High School Star

Faberg has decent reputation

Personally, I think Prohkorov is making panic moves. Knicks 21-8. He really doesn't want to be second billing in NY. Nets just got clobbered on National TV. Avery probably wasn't the right coach, but it's not a good look in your inaugural season in Brooklyn to fire the coach midseason.

Nets Management has the bar set way too high. The team isn't as good as they think they are. However, they are better than this 3-10 slump.

I don't understand why people are so excited about Brooks being 'freed'. Joe Johnson is still on the team.
Faberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #171
Brook(lyn)Lopez
Good High School Starter

Brook(lyn)Lopez has not been impressing people

Not only is Avery Johnson a terrible coach, there's speculation he's also a closet homosexual. Sure talks like one.
Brook(lyn)Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #172
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Lol D-Will definitely surpasses Dwight in this area.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #173
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm still saddened by this early termination. 28 games in, 14-14, 8th in the East with Deron playing like shit did not warrant firing Avery. The team is now in disarray and this is hurting the Nets cohesiveness more then helping it. The top 2 coaches; Phil Jackson and Stan Van Gundy supposedly expressed no interest in coaching the Nets and now the Nets will hire an even worse coach than Avery and this new coach will probably have no resume. We should have kept Avery for an entire season plus post-season.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #174
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I'm still saddened by this early termination. 28 games in, 14-14, 8th in the East with Deron playing like shit did not warrant firing Avery. The team is now in disarray and this is hurting the Nets cohesiveness more then helping it. The top 2 coaches; Phil Jackson and Stan Van Gundy supposedly expressed no interest in coaching the Nets and now the Nets will hire an even worse coach than Avery and this new coach will probably have no resume. We should have kept Avery for an entire season plus post-season.
Weren't you calling for averys head over the past few weeks? What's going on?
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #175
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

AJ hasn't done a good job in developing Brooks.
He made some strange rotations.
And I don't know if it was him or King or both, but they have made some bad personnel moves. Giving Travis Outlaw 7 years, 35 million and then amenstying him the next year.
Overpaying Humphries by a wide margin with the hope that the Magic would re-consider trading Howard. And then benching Humphries.

There is no reason why the Nets shouldn't have the second or third best record in the East, and right now the Hawks are a far better overall team.

The best thing AJ has done is getting Blatche on track, which is certainly a positive thing.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #176
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know..with all these angry posts of firing him from all over the boards like the netsdaily and realgm, I think people saw this coming from a mile away. It was pretty clear they weren't going anywhere with him. When there's no hope for improvement, you make a change and move on. 28 games were a fair amount of opportunity to form an opinion, if not it sure as hell was more than 5. This move also eliminates Deron's further excuses down the line so he's gonna have to give everything he's got or else his career will be tarnished. The bad news is that none of the good coaching candidates want to come here.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #177
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
I don't know..with all these angry posts of firing him from all over the boards like the netsdaily and realgm, I think people saw this coming from a mile away. It was pretty clear they weren't going anywhere with him. When there's no hope for improvement, you make a change and move on. 28 games were a fair amount of opportunity to form an opinion, if not it sure as hell was more than 5. This move also eliminates Deron's further excuses down the line so he's gonna have to give everything he's got or else his career will be tarnished. The bad news is that none of the good coaching candidates want to come here.

Who knows - you may see Deron Williams get traded.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #178
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24
brown had a season and 5 games

If anything, Brown overachieved last year. 2nd round? Should be happy.

They lost Odom for nothing, had no pg play. They won, same reason Lebron won in Cleveland, because Brown can coach defense.

But, this was a totally different team.

Avery can coach defense too, and that's why the Nets had a great first month of the year

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 12-27-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #179
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Weren't you calling for averys head over the past few weeks? What's going on?
I have always said his rotations and defensive schemes ( p&r) coverage were shit but that did not warrant firing. I'm very hard on the Nets and Avery was a scapegoat here. I've been extremely hard on Deron, as I should be, and by firing Avery, Nets management is saying our troubles are Avery's fault. That is 100% stupid and nobody is holding Deron accountable. Avery should have had a post-season with us at least.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #180
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
I heard today was his wife's birthday too. Damn, they did Avery wrong

When AJ was a player, he got released on Christmas day (by Golden State I think).

AJ is a great guy and a solid coach, but there were seriously wrong things that happened.

Should he have been fired now? Who knows.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: