Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #181
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Not sure why PJ stuck around the NBA as long as he did. He has always been way more of a college coach in style. That screaming in players faces style doesn't cut it in the NBA. I still remember him losing his s.hit on Wally Szcerbiak

PJ would have been one of the best college coaches.
And guys wouldn't have spazzed out when he told them to put a little mustard on their passes.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #182
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #183
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Any updates on the hunt for new coach?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #184
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Nets kidding themselves about getting Phil Jackson.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #185
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Last edited by konex : 12-28-2012 at 02:24 AM.
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #186
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex

Thats weird, if he only coaches teams with great players then why would he even consider the Lakers earlier this season? Kobe is an washed up ex-superstar, not a great player anymore.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #187
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Deron is a punk. He blames Avery because he is out of shape fatty and misses every freaking shot. Avery is a good coach. Maybe if his superstar would actually play like one they would of continue winning like in October.
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #188
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

I want phil jackson to be hired here.
Tired of him being referred to as goat coach.Let him coach a team with no jordan , shaq or kobe.
lets see
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #189
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Still one of the worst firings in NBA history. You give Avery a post-season and see how far he can take us. Not after 28 games where we went 14-14 with two easy home games coming up. I'm upset more at the fact that now are team is in disarray searching for answers to a lot of problems.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #190
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/12/27/...ets-top-target

How reluctant is Phil Jackson to coach again in the NBA, specifically for the Brooklyn Nets? Several news outlets are reporting that the 11-time champion is the Nets' top choice ... and that he's "intrigued" by the prospect.

Even after Jackson's representative, Todd Musburger, came out and told David Aldridge that he had no interest in coaching the Nets "at this moment," there still remains buzz about the Nets pursuing Jackson -- thanks to the "not at this time" closer in his statement.

Now, according to Marc Stein and Chris Broussard, the Nets could be willing to meet Jackson's demands, in terms of salary and position within the team.

Sam Amick also reported that the Nets are not deterred by comments from Jackson's agent. Amick wrote, "One of the people with knowledge of the Nets' plans said of the Musburger statement, 'I wouldn't read much into that'."

Ken Berger writes Jackson, the 11-time champion coach, is "intrigued by the prospect and would be interested in exploring the possibility of coaching the Brooklyn franchise. "For sure," is how "a person with knowledge of his thinking" described Jackson's interest to Berger Thursday night.

Perhaps more significantly, Charley Rosen, one of Jackson's oldest friends, wrote Thursday...
Quote:
There are several reasons why Jackson could enjoy coaching the Nets and sooner rather than later mold them into legitimate championship contenders, the most critical being that the current roster is almost a perfect fit for the triangle.

looks like the pursuit of jackson is still very much alive!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #191
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

jackson would hurt his legacy if he goes to the nets..but would get some good money from the russian billionaire.

hope he takes the money
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #192
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

When Jackson takes over the Nets, and within two weeks they are widely considered the second best team in the East and a championship contender, I wonder what people will think of what happened in Los Angeles in the 00s.

He'll have that group oiled up and clicking REAL fast. Watch. Avery Johnson is not a bad coach, but he's not a good coach either. Deron Williams needs to be put in his place by a coach, but there are only 2 coaches in the NBA with the authority and the ability to do that, and the other one is in San Antonio.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #193
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #194
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Needs more ISO-Joe
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #195
JoHnNyBoXeR
I airball my layups

JoHnNyBoXeR has not been impressing people

He didnt deserve to get canned.. he had a bad month ofdec3mber but he was coach of the month in november.. nets sound like they are turning into a circus
JoHnNyBoXeR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: