Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #76
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Nets actually have their best start in like 4-5 seasons.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #77
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
plus what, 3 1st rounders and a bunch of cap space? Billy King everybody.

Oh yep, forgot about those picks, was just purely thinking of their own picks.

I remember making a "Fire Billie King Thread" awhile back talking about this, gonna try to dig it up.

He clearly (whether Proky wanted him to or not) became impatient and was strictly thinking of having a certain image going into BK instead of having a plan, typical NY sh*t, mostly glitter but no effectiveness, just like most NY ballplayers, flashy handles to shake peeps to make em look bad then they brick the shot.

That young squad would have been more competitive and also woulda been a better gateway to building/ trading for a championship caliber team than the hopefulness of the one and done team they have now.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #78
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whoever was calling plays needed to be fired. If that was Avery, then justice prevails.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #79
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jay Z needs to retweet his "the city is under new mgmt" (after Nets beat Knicks) to "the team is under new mgmt".
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #80
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stein just tweeted something true, Billy King and Larry Brown are tight. Plus Brown hates the Knicks. Have fun with that Net fans.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #81
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Stein just tweeted something true, Billy King and Larry Brown are tight. Plus Brown hates the Knicks. Have fun with that Net fans.
gee, ya think? the same guy who gave billy king his first significant management job?

the same guy who loves to make himself feel important by being successfully lured away by one franchise while he works for another?

ya think, niko?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #82
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
gee, ya think? the same guy who gave billy king his first significant management job?

the same guy who loves to make himself feel important by being successfully lured away by one franchise while he works for another?

ya think, niko?
Yes i didn't make the connection until someone said it. Self flaggelation.

Who would you like as coach? To me, they need someone longterm they bring in, rights the ship, and they make changes based on what he says. To me i see the Nets trying to bring in someone to make them a contender now, which isn't ideal.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #83
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
LeBron James ‏@KingJames

Yeah u guys are right. Player of the Month then gets waived the next month. #NBAFlies

hmm
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #84
niko
I Run NY.

The Nets reporter on WFAN said the Nets definitely at times think about if there is some way to still get Dwight Howard. (With regards to consideration on Stan Van Gundy).

If that doesn't tell you they are operating without a real good long term plan i don't know what does.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #85
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd call Larry Brown a scumbag if he bolted on his SMU job, but really if you're a kid that commits to play for Larry Brown you sorta deserve it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #86
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

their russian owner just wants to spend money & get quick success.
NBA is whole alot different game then football in europe.different mentality and everything.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #87
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I'd call Larry Brown a scumbag if he bolted on his SMU job, but really if you're a kid that commits to play for Larry Brown you sorta deserve it.
Larry Brown with Billy King could be hilarious from the outside if Larry doesn't like the players. Larry wants to make a trade every day and Billy loves big complex trades. He hated the Knicks roster (so did i) but he never understood you can't really get value just shipping everyone out like he wanted.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #88
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Yes i didn't make the connection until someone said it. Self flaggelation.

Who would you like as coach? To me, they need someone longterm they bring in, rights the ship, and they make changes based on what he says. To me i see the Nets trying to bring in someone to make them a contender now, which isn't ideal.
i'd give PJ the keys to the franchise and as much money as he wanted if he'd be willing to accept them.

but then i'd realise that even such a move wouldn't really fix the nets' fundamental problems... that they foolishly locked themselves in to a bunch of horrible contracts with a group of players who simply don't mesh that well as a 'contender'-level team.

no, ideally i'd blow the team up and start over. it would be painful of course, but a realistic step, and would at least would give us nets fans realistic hopes for the future.

instead, since you only get one amnesty per summer (not five), we'll hire a good coach, like one of the gundys or mcmillian or someone else, and we'll mentally mast-----e for a good long while over the idea that our problem was really just coaching and not the above-mentioned items. we'll make lemonade out of lemons for the next couple years, and i'll adjust my expectations as always and just try to enjoy the ride, and when some of my fellow nets' fans go off on the "nets are on a win-streak so that means we're a going to the finals" schtick, i'll bite my tongue as i usually do, nod my head like an idiot, and wave the B&W brookly knight flag that mister jay-zee himself personally designed.

yessir.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #89
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I will LMFAO if they hire Mike Brown
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #90
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It always ends in a disaster, when you allow the best player to play GM. Deron forced the Nets into the JJ trade. If the Mavs gave into his demands to play GM, he would probably be playing in Dallas today. That being said that team should be too good to play .500 ball in the East, but damn if they are not they are stuck with that mess for four years and counting luxury and repeater tax.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: