Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #106
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Wojo repeated the nets might not like SVG as to not piss off Dwight. So basically the Nets would exclude a good candidate to leave open the possibility at midseason (because there are no more S&T so end of season is not possible) the Lakers would decide not to pursue a title and instead try to rebuild with players the Nets don't want. Because that's even a remote possibility. Because D'Antoni the new coach they just brought in wants his star center gone and replaced with Brook Lopez.

If that's even remotely true and you are a Net fan Good luck to you because that's pretty ****ing stupid.

Last edited by niko : 12-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #107
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Wojo repeated the nets might not like SVG as to not piss off Dwight. So basically the Nets would exclude a good candidate to leave open the possibility at midseason (because there are no more S&T so end of season is not possible) the Lakers would decide not to pursue a title and instead try to rebuild with players the Nets don't want. Because that's even a remote possibility.

If that's even remotely true and you are a Net fan Good luck to you because that's pretty ****ing stupid.

I doubt the credibility of wojo's source. I mean, every rational person knows our pursuit for Dwight ended a long long time ago, expecting the Lakers to trade him to us is like hoping to win lottery worth of billions of dollar bills. Billy King may be stupid, but he aint that stupid.
Kiddlovesnets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #108
Kujo
National High School Star
 
Kujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,308
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Wow. Deron coach killer rep increases

Yep. This handed way quicker than I thought it would.

I'm sure Nets fans are happy. Nate McMillian would make a lot of sense. He deserves another shot.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #109
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I doubt the credibility of wojo's source. I mean, every rational person knows our pursuit for Dwight ended a long long time ago, expecting the Lakers to trade him to us is like hoping to win lottery worth of billions of dollar bills. Billy King may be stupid, but he aint that stupid.
THe other interesting thing is the Nets may wait until after new years to pursue a coach to see how PJ does. I don't like that. There will be a post change bump, and we all know PJ is NOT the answer in any way shape or form. Why wait?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #110
bagelred
My team always wins
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,331
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I doubt the credibility of wojo's source. I mean, every rational person knows our pursuit for Dwight ended a long long time ago, expecting the Lakers to trade him to us is like hoping to win lottery worth of billions of dollar bills. Billy King may be stupid, but he aint that stupid.

I mean, I think it's at least possible. If Howard was adamant on not signing with Lakers, Lakers could take Brook plus picks......

But at the same time, I think Nets have probably moved on from waiting and continue to make moves just for what's best for organization. If it's SVG, then they'll get SVG.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #111
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
THe other interesting thing is the Nets may wait until after new years to pursue a coach to see how PJ does. I don't like that. There will be a post change bump, and we all know PJ is NOT the answer in any way shape or form. Why wait?

Another reason is that PJ really aint fitting this team. He cant coach elite PGs, his triangle offense doesnt work here.
Kiddlovesnets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #112
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I mean, I think it's at least possible. If Howard was adamant on not signing with Lakers, Lakers could take Brook plus picks......

But at the same time, I think Nets have probably moved on from waiting and continue to make moves just for what's best for organization. If it's SVG, then they'll get SVG.

The Lakers fired their coach to make a run at a title. They want Howard to be their franchise center going forward. You think mid season they are going to blow that up for Marshon Brooks (who Avery has made look worthless) and a bunch of high picks. Seriously?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #113
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!
 
clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,951
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Coaches are the new scapegoat nowadays.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #114
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Another reason is that PJ really aint fitting this team. He cant coach elite PGs, his triangle offense doesnt work here.
And he's a stupid abusive prick toward his players. I can't see the vets they have embracing him.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #115
gigantes
‪ ‪
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,832
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
What the hell is going on? Before the season started, wasn't every single analyst/fan/exec PRAISING the Nets and the team they put together. Wasn't everyone saying they were a Top 4 team in the East? Possibly 2nd overall? Wasn't everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, saying Nets were CLEARLY better than the Knicks?

NOW everyone using their 20/20 hindsight saying "clearly they just threw money at guys that don't mesh." WTF? So if the Nets turn it around and go to the ECF, will we praise the moves again?

Monday Morning quarterbacking.....c'mon now.....
blatche, please.

saying that a team was likely going to be in the top four in the EAST was not saying a whole lot during this summer. saying that the nets would be better than the knicks (AT THE TIME) was like saying that a decent team would probably be better than a mediocre team. or are you trying to backdate history at this point?

second, i was absolutely thrilled with the nets' stock of draft picks and cap room that they had painstakingly built up, two seasons ago. if you had actually read the nets forums, you might actually remember.

so then, i was immediately aghast at the pursuit of melo, followed by the dealing out of picks left and right... ending up with the wretched trade for joe johnson. i said all of that at the time if you had actually been reading.

i hated the prospect of AJ as coach and said exactly that, but tried to be as optimistic as possible once it happened. the same as i did with all of these big moves once it was pointless to complain.

unlike some nets fans, i'm happy for the knicks. i love jason kidd and am happy that he helped turn around a perennial loser like carmelo anthony. and i sincerely hope that the knicks (or someone else) manage to knock off the heat.

having said all that, please don't be a revisionist idiot. thank you.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #116
D12"Magic"
College superstar
 
D12"Magic"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N. Jersey
Posts: 4,365
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Ah watching the press conference now and I definitely feel bad, it's also Avery's wife's birthday. You never like to see a good man get fired but he just wasn't a fit for this team.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #117
bagelred
My team always wins
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,331
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The Lakers fired their coach to make a run at a title. They want Howard to be their franchise center going forward. You think mid season they are going to blow that up for Marshon Brooks (who Avery has made look worthless) and a bunch of high picks. Seriously?

I didn't say that. I'm actually talking about in the offseason in the summer. If Howard told Lakers, there's no way he'd resign, then all options are open.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #118
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,381
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I didn't say that. I'm actually talking about in the offseason in the summer. If Howard told Lakers, there's no way he'd resign, then all options are open.
There are no more S&T for teams over Cap, Nets would need to move pieces from their team which would take them giving up their assets (they have nothing expiring) as well as needing the assets for the Lakers to take back.

The Lakers are not going to give up their cap space, AND lose Howard, in order to get back menial assets from the Nets.

There's a chance in the "there's always a chance" way but not really. It's a chance the same way Knicks getting Paul is a chance.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #119
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,352
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I doubt the credibility of wojo's source. I mean, every rational person knows our pursuit for Dwight ended a long long time ago, expecting the Lakers to trade him to us is like hoping to win lottery worth of billions of dollar bills. Billy King may be stupid, but he aint that stupid.

Yeah if the Lakers gave up on Dwight that would smell worse than handing over Lamar to the Mavs for nothing. And Howard will not cost nothing. I would be very suspicious of such an advance by the Lakers, If I were the Nets.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #120
bagelred
My team always wins
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,331
Default Re: BREAKING: Avery Johnson fired by Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
blatche, please.

saying that a team was likely going to be in the top four in the EAST was not saying a whole lot during this summer. saying that the nets would be better than the knicks (AT THE TIME) was like saying that a decent team would probably be better than a mediocre team. or are you trying to backdate history at this point?

second, i was absolutely thrilled with the nets' stock of draft picks and cap room that they had painstakingly built up, two seasons ago. if you had actually read the nets forums, you might actually remember.

so then, i was immediately aghast at the pursuit of melo, followed by the dealing out of picks left and right... ending up with the wretched trade for joe johnson. i said all of that at the time if you had actually been reading.

i hated the prospect of AJ as coach and said exactly that, but tried to be as optimistic as possible once it happened. the same as i did with all of these big moves once it was pointless to complain.

unlike some nets fans, i'm happy for the knicks. i love jason kidd and am happy that he helped turn around a perennial loser like carmelo anthony. and i sincerely hope that the knicks (or someone else) manage to knock off the heat.

having said all that, please don't be a revisionist idiot. thank you.

I'm not talking about YOU specifically....you think I have any clue what YOU said specifically? I don't even know who you are.

I'm just saying, if you go back to summer, everyone loved Nets moves, everyone thought they were a top East team, etc. NOW I'm reading alot of comments where everyone "knew" that buying these pieces that "don't mesh" was, of course, a mistake.

Example....Bill Simmons......

Quote:
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons

Brooklyn reminds me of the early-2000 Trail Blazers - throwing $$$$ around, taking chances on shaky guys, nonsensical roster, no real plan.

Huh? Nonsensical roster? Why is it nonsensical? Why don't they have a real plan?

I've seen a few of these comments....seems like nonsense.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy