Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Madden 13

Since there is no thread, I'll just start one off, and post all of my complaints in here.

So, not only did those dipshits at EA get rid of the most popular mode in Madden and replace it with some half-assed piece of garbage(Connected Career Mode), you can't even use custom rosters in it? What the FUCK? What kind of bullshit is that? I don't want to start from scratch by creating a new player, why can't I just use the one I made in the creation zone?
Franchise modes and custom players are really the biggest reason that I love sports games so much. And in this game, you can do neither.

GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Madden 13

This quote sums up mine(and just about everyone's) problem with this game:

Quote:
The truth of the matter is that this game is rated 2 stars out of 5 at Amazon because EA ripped out the features that were most important to its core audience:

1. No Fantasy Draft

2. No Editing Players

3. No more having friends over to play Franchise Mode because you can only play with one team.

4. No Importing Roster from NCAA Football.

5. No creating a player and adding them to Connect Careers.

I REALLY hope that in a future update EA will at least let you use custom rosters in Career mode, because right now it is straight up fucking garbage.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually don't care about any of those features, but I'm far from a Madden fan. Can't even remember the last one I bought.

I do wonder if the NFL wanted EA to remove the Fantasy Roster and Edit Teams option. I'm sure the NFL would prefer if it's player were marketed through the game wearing the same Jerseys they wear in real life.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Fuck EA.

Buy All Pro Football 2K8. It's only like $5 and the gameplay is amazing.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

What a waste of money. Feels exactly like 12 to me with a few minor tweaks. Plus the franchise mode thing. Worst Madden in years.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Haven't kept up with Madden for years, but I love this. EA has been TROLLING since 2005 and every year, every damn year people like you and me fell for it.

I stopped buying them in 07 and stopped playing them shortly after. When is this monopoly over again?

If you are really upset about this OP, then you will not buy anymore renditions of Madden until they do it correctly.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I do wonder if the NFL wanted EA to remove the Fantasy Roster and Edit Teams option. I'm sure the NFL would prefer if it's player were marketed through the game wearing the same Jerseys they wear in real life.

No, that aint it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd rather have the ability to make my DT a nose tackle or actually have the CPU take a pass rushing OLB and use him correctly than a fantasy draft. Weak they don't have one but still I like the progress of the game. Connected Careers is a little buggy but I think it's the right step. 2-3 years from now should look alot better.

Personally I hate the CC interface. I don't know why, maybe it's because I have to play out of the my actions thing and have no choice to use league schedule to advance weeks but it really bugs me big time.

Gameplay is pretty much the same with a few tweaks, which everybody knew was going to be the case. It's always like that. If it wasn't for the interface annoying me I'd be pretty happy. Content either way with it.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is the first year I will not be buying Madden, **** it, it's always almost exactly the same as the previous year, if not worse.

I will get my football game fix from NCAA Football '13, which is surprisingly very good this year and has some cool new modes/features.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
Haven't kept up with Madden for years, but I love this. EA has been TROLLING since 2005 and every year, every damn year people like you and me fell for it.

I stopped buying them in 07 and stopped playing them shortly after. When is this monopoly over again?

If you are really upset about this OP, then you will not buy anymore renditions of Madden until they do it correctly.
I won't. Funny thing is, I liked the gameplay improvements from the demo, got the game and found out the stuff I did like from last year is gone. If the first update doesn't fix this ill sell mine on eBay and EA will be hard pressed to get me to buy maden next time either. Really irritating.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its a different game to me from Madden 12 as far as gameplay is concerned. Running is more difficult and there are times bumping into your OL screws you up. User catching is tough for me vs Madden 12. I can use catch interceptions/jump just fine but when it comes to my WR? There are times I cant and the ball will hit me in the face and bounce off or go past me with no attempt of catching. If not for being in a Madden online league with every team as a human? I would be taking it back to get 1/2 my money back after unlocking asll the achievements.

I too hate the connected career interface and interface in general. Also somethin as basic as reorderin your depth chart can be tedius as you click on a button thinkin you locked onto the player to move up and you havent. So you gotta back out and try over. Free agency say you go to My negotiations and check on a player. Click on their name to increase contract offer and when you hit the back button? It takes you to the main free agency menu instead of keeping you in the My negotiations menu. When you want to offer contracts to say WR only? Once you offer one a contract you're placed back to the main free agency menu. Its a hassle to keep sifting thru certain positions you want and staying there.

Last edited by GOBB : 09-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

I was able to fully edit players in the game, ratings, jersey #, position & even their name

With that being said Madden 13 has the potential to be an amazing game, but the dev. team at EA is lazy as hell, and just rest on the fact that they've monopolized the NFL liscense
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
I was able to fully edit players in the game, ratings, jersey #, position & even their name

With that being said Madden 13 has the potential to be an amazing game, but the dev. team at EA is lazy as hell, and just rest on the fact that they've monopolized the NFL liscense

We all can, but you do realize you can't use those rosters in any mode except one off games by yourself?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #14
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

My own fault not reading reviews and previews before I purchased. Basically all I do is offline association mode.

Can I ceate a 'season' mode by using the mode where I am a particular coach?

Is the trade block gone? I see other teams put guys on the block - can I?

This is awful.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

What i don't get is there is an option to use created rosters (any rosters) BUT at that point it doesn't let you choose the roster. Waht exactly was the point of not letting you have the ability to use saved rosters?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: