Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
SilkkTheShocker
Banned

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Not Sure Why CP3 Isn't Getting More MVP Attention

I know most have him at least in the top 3-4. But you hardly ever hear him brought up. As deep as the Clippers are, im not sure they are a playoff team without him. I personally feel he is more important than Melo (mvp stock dropping) and on Durant's level as far as MVP status.
SilkkTheShocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Not Sure Why CP3 Isn't Getting More MVP Attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I know most have him at least in the top 3-4. But you hardly ever hear him brought up. As deep as the Clippers are, im not sure they are a playoff team without him. I personally feel he is more important than Melo (mvp stock dropping) and on Durant's level as far as MVP status.

I have CP3, KD, LeBron in my top 3 relatively interchangeably. LBJ probably gets the nod though since he just played against one of the other two guys (KD/OKC) in a nationally televised game and came out on top.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
SilkkTheShocker
Banned

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
I have CP3, KD, LeBron in my top 3 relatively interchangeably. LBJ probably gets the nod though since he just played against one of the other two guys (KD/OKC) in a nationally televised game and came out on top.

SilkkTheShocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Because ppl are more interested in gaudy stats than they are wins. Clippersfan86 made a few threads talking about his numbers dropping, much less about the 14 game winning streak he's initiating.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

It's nice to see CP3 having a great season (he's not what he was pre-injury, but still at worst a top 5 player in the league). My other two favorite star players (Wade and Dwight) haven't been horrible, but I'd like to see more (particularly from Dwight...I think we agreed that Wade is at a point in his career where he's coasting in the regular season, and won't have many monster games outside of the playoffs).

BTW have you been on NBA General recently? Vern's back lol...
Old 12-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Darius
Decent college freshman

Darius is a pretty well-respected posterDarius is a pretty well-respected posterDarius is a pretty well-respected poster

CP3s value is in leadership, not stats.

Little Napoleon
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

because he doesnt have mvp numbers...also his team is loaded with talent...the clippers should jave a good record with all that talent.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
because he doesnt have mvp numbers...also his team is loaded with talent...the clippers should jave a good record with all that talent.

PPG isn't the only important stat out there
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
I.R.Beast

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
pleaseput the crack down...paul is an overated player...i have already seen enoug games this season where he hant played well and the clips still windue to crawford blake barnes bledose and crew.... my idea of an MVP is not who has the best teammates around them.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
I.R.Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
PPG isn't the only important stat out there
he isnt averaging an insane amount of assists either.... westbrook isnt even onthe list and he averages just a few shades less assiss than paul witn about seven more points a game, and he eaily a better defender than paul. Westbrook only knock this season is that he has struggled with his jumpshot thus far and aint on anyones list. Paul is not mvp worthy and hasnt been very impressive in games.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

jimmy77x is considered somewhat cooljimmy77x is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Because he doesn't have mvp number's plain and simple. He's on durant's level in status but yet ahead of melo? not surprising coming from a known knicks/melo hater.
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

How much more MVP attention do you want? He certainly doesnt deserve more MVP attention than Lebron, Durant and arguably not Carmelo either right now.... those guys are clearly the best players of their teams with better MVP productions & MVP performances than CP3, they find themselves having to carry those teams alot in order to win compared to CP3, Clippers success is more of a team thing especially compared to Miami/OKC.... they are a more deeper team in the firepower department, all Chris Paul have to do most of the time is facilitate...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Threads like this expose kids who don't play ball. Wins>Stats.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
I.R.Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
How much more MVP attention do you want? He certainly doesnt deserve more MVP attention than Lebron, Durant and arguably not Carmelo either right now.... those guys are clearly the best players of their teams with better MVP productions & MVP performances than CP3, they find themselves having to carry those teams alot in order to win compared to CP3 & his Clippers, Clippers success is more of a team thing especially compared to Miami/OKC.... they are a more deeper team in the firepower department, all Chris Paul have to do most of the time is facilitate...
never thoguht that i would agree with pauk...but he is right...Melo durant and bron are the only players that mvp talks should be ciruclating.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Jordan played on a 72 win team with 2 other VOTers and still got MVP.

LeBron teamed up with Wade and Bosh and still won (Pauk didn't complain).

Who does Paul have?

Blake, Crawford, and DeAndre?

If the Clippers finish with the best record Paul deserves serious consideration.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: