Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
KobeBalboa
Banned

KobeBalboa has an OK reputation so far
Default Roger Federer vs Michael Jordan

Who's greater?
KobeBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Roger Federer vs Michael Jordan

Ricky Carmichael.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Right now, Jordan and it's not really that close, but Federer is still relatively young and has a shot at eventually overtaking him.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Right now, Jordan and it's not really that close, but Federer is still relatively young and has a shot at eventually overtaking him.

Are you serious?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Here's the thing about a question like this... Maybe you can compare Federer to Tiger but the thing with comparing him to Jordan is that it's a team sport so that's virtually impossible. If basketball was a bunch of one on one games, then it would be a fair comparison but it's not. One on one, Jordan would've decimated anyone who tried to guard him... but in a team, you have to bring up the people who aren't on your skill level.. So, I don't have an answer to the question.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
Are you serious?

Honestly, no. I don't know sh!t about tennis. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I watched a match (if I ever even have). I just overheard some people hyping up Federer and claiming that he could be the greatest athlete of all time. I just thought of that and spit out some random crap. Right after I posted I regretted it. I knew I'd probably get flamed for not knowing what I was talking about. I don't even know if you were calling me out for saying right now it wasn't close, or if you're calling me out because I said he could eventually catch him. I apologize for my ignorant comment. I sincerely regret ever having made it. Please completely disreguard it and continue the conversation without me.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Sh-t, I don't know nuthin about tennis either. Not since Sampras retired. I don't follow the new cats. But if Pete isn't on Jordan's level, Federer sure as hell ain't either.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
JMEWLS

Michael easily, and its not even close.

I cant imagine people saying, that someone is the "roger federer of tennis."

its not even close, Michael Jordans created a huge name for himself, and thats due to hard work and effort, and he also played against some of the biggest names in NBA history, eg. Magic, Bird ect.

To me it just seems that Roger Federer, is playing against people that just arnt that great. I know if he was in the ERA of agassi and sampra, he would not be near as successful.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #9
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Federer, mate...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Federer, mate...

*Crickets*
Old 02-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #11
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

There's no comparison between the ATP and the NBA. None at all. In terms of individual accolades, Federer has a hell of a lot and he's only 24 years old.. on the road to being the greatest tennis player of all time... but I still don't compare him to Jordan because the two are not in comparable sports.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #12
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

not really a point in comparing the two. Federer might be the most dominant athlete ever but it's a lot easier to dominate when you're the best by yourself than being the best and making sure your team is staying dominant.

Any cross-sport things are dumb even Tiger vs. Federer.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #13
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
To me it just seems that Roger Federer, is playing against people that just arnt that great. I know if he was in the ERA of agassi and sampra, he would not be near as successful.
That argument is complete nostalgia and ignorance. Federer would dominate any era of tennis probably the further back you go the more dominant he would be. The pace has quickened continuously and the talent pool has grown continuously for tennis. Just because Federer hasn't let anyone win tournaments doesn't mean they're not good, it just means he's better.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Individual sport athlete compared to a team sport athlete doesn't really work.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #15
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

k-fed
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: