Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #31
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Borrowing money from your girlfriend..

I don't accept hand outs.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #32
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
So, she would feel "uncomfortable" with letting you borrow money that you can easily pay back later....but...

She isnt uncomfortable with you paying every time you two go out.

She isnt uncomfortable with accepting 5,000 dollars from her mother as a damn gift.

Nor is she uncomfortable with you buying her a pricey bag for xmas?

Note the trend bro?

Okay, let me clear the air on a few things. I don't literally pay 100% of the time. I overreacted a little because i was a little upset/bothered at the fact that she said she would feel uncomfortable. SHE WILL LET ME BORROW THE MONEY, no question but says she wouldn't feel comfortable. Idk. I dropped the question because I didn't see anything positive where it was headed.

So I pay about 85-90% of the time. But she knows lately, I've had more expenses than usual, so she's starting to help out more.

I bought her a bag because she wanted one for Christmas. Not because she uses me.
Shit, she bought me laker tickets. We had VIP seats and got me food. She's a good girl, but this "borrowing money" thing is weird with her. She apparently doesn't borrow money from anyone or let anyone borrow. She says she would give me the money but wouldn't be comfortable but trusts me and knows I'm good for it.

Idk. Weird.

Update: I haven't asked for the money yet. Not sure if I'll need it still. I worked Christmas and will work New Year's Day. They pay us double time and a half. I also worked an extra 6 hours at time and a half. An overtime shift.

And this will be like an extra week on my check and I should be good.
Oh. And we got food yesterday and she offered to pay but I paid. (Lowkey used an American Express gift card that I got for Xmas)

I told her she can get the next one. Planning to get some steak on that rain check lol. And lobster.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
So, she would feel "uncomfortable" with letting you borrow money that you can easily pay back later....but...

She isnt uncomfortable with you paying every time you two go out.

She isnt uncomfortable with accepting 5,000 dollars from her mother as a damn gift.

Nor is she uncomfortable with you buying her a pricey bag for xmas?

Note the trend bro?
This thread has me WEAK.

OP needs to talk with his gf and if she doesn't shape up, drop her ass.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #34
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

What in the actual fuck? You are struggling with the decision of whether or not to borrow a couple hundred dollars from your financially-able girlfriend who you'll have no problem paying back?

This can't be the most difficult decisions you encounter in your life, man.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: