Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #361
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nation-State Draft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Like he fucked me? Or the draft in general?

He fucked you. You pick all these Chinese communists and then Jailblazers comes along and picks the one Chinese communist who made it all work and dwarfs all others in terms of positive influence.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #362
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh, I got ya. I don't want that dude.. I want my shit tyrannical. I almost went for Kim .... .. instead of Mao. At the end we write up what we did and why and elect a judge to grade us a winner is selected. No wars or alliances that's all for funsies during the draft.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #363
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Here is the list of picks by person again:

Embersyc:
Thomas Jefferson
Nikola Tesla
Sun Tzu
Siddhartha Gautama Buddha
Alexander Hamilton
Freidrich Engels
Enrico Fermi

LamarOdom
USA
Alexander the Great
Jesus
John D. Rockefeller
Abraham Lincoln
Thomas Edison
William Shakespeare

Zen
Leonardo Da Vinci
Italy
Napoleon Bonaparte
Aristotle
Hannibal Barca
Genghis Khan
David Ricardo

CeltsG
Russia
Archimedes
Constantine the Great
Pope John Paul II
Alexander Suvorov
Léon Walras
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Jailblazers
China
John Maynard Keynes
Benjamin Franklin
Richard Feynman
Mayer Rothschild
Deng Xiaoping
Louis Brandeis

Anti-Hero
Australia
Mao
Chen Duxiu
Karl Marx
General Georgy Zhukov
Wu Shengli
Liu Shaoqi

TimmyD
Saudi Arabia
Albert Einstein
George Washington
Max Planck
James Madison
John Wilkes
George Patton

Knickballer
Plato
Otto Von Bismark
Brazil
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Jacques Rueff
Henry Ford
George Orwell

Blablabla
Isaac Newton
FDR
Adam Smith
Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich
khalid ibn al walid
John Locke
Iulius Caesar

Iamgine
Canada
Winston Churchill
Theodore Roosevelt
Milton Friedman
Andrew Carnegie
Galileo Galilei

That will make the write up a lot easier.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #364
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Oh, I got ya. I don't want that dude.. I want my shit tyrannical. I almost went for Kim .... .. instead of Mao. At the end we write up what we did and why and elect a judge to grade us a winner is selected. No wars or alliances that's all for funsies during the draft.

Wut. Your picks other than Mao and Zhukov make even less sense to me now. I'm curious what you are going to make of it in your write up, but it must be something out of the box.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #365
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

I pick Confucius and Niels Bohr

Last edited by iamgine : 01-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #366
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Wut. Your picks other than Mao and Zhukov make even less sense to me now. I'm curious what you are going to make of it in your write up, but it must be something out of the box.
Hopefully I exceed you expectations, I doubt it though.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #367
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

I don't really care for my last pick to be honest. I was being sincere when I said I was building my nation sort of similar to what ZeN said he would do with his. My plan is to draft some naval admirals and for Communist Australia to spread out pillaging and the small and some what larger islands/landmasses near it. I may even make my small council leaders of different territories that would be conquered. Zuhkov is only there to have an army general and he threw a lot of his troops to the buzzsaw, I like that. My Admirals can carry my army onto the shores after naval barrages and blockades. And really that's all the thought I have put into this.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #368
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My aim is for world domination.. I will not elaborate more than that.

With that said:

who the f*ck is up?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #369
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Blablablah is up again.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #370
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Embersyc
You have a huge variety going on your team. I'm afraid Buddha might not fit too well into your system, but you could prove me wrong. Jefferson and Engels make a very contradictory pair, but I see a way that you could make it work. Interesting team, I look forward to seeing how you pull it together.

LamarOdom
Outside of Alexander the Great and Shakespeare, your team is very American. Not impressed with the Lincoln pick (thought you reached a bit), but I liked where you nabbed Edison. Shakespeare can keep the people happy I suppose, but I think you could have done better.

zeN
You really want to conquer some bitches. Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Hannibal, those are some of the most fierce conquerors in history. You provide some very nice balance with Da Vinci and Aristotle. And Ricardo will give you some Economical savvy to boot. Very intriguing what you have done here, but I like it.

CeltsGarlic
Really like the Alexander Suvorov pick, especially since you have Russia. I understand why you picked Pope John Paul II, but I don't like his one-dimensionalness. I love reading about Seneca and I think he was a great pick for you. You have a very well balanced team with a very Roman empire flair. Good stuff.

JailBlazers7
Keynes is going to get you the money and Mayer Rothschild is going to bank and invest it. Although not an exciting pick, I like Feynman where you got him. Very smart dude with an extensive knowledge of physics and mathematics. I don't like your Deng Xiaoping pick. I am having a hard time seeing communism working well with your lineup, but it's up to you to prove me wrong. Interesting snag with the supreme court judge too.

Anti Hero
If you haven't picked a type of governance, I'd recommend democracy . You are one of the few who has gone gung-ho on one general theme. For you I like it. With all of the pieces, it will be easy to argue that you can make communism work.

Timmy D
Individually, nobody on your team impresses me too much (outside of Einstein and Saudi Arabia), but I really like your team. A lot of really good picks in Planck, Wilkes, and Patton. If I were you, I would keep my eyes out for people who can fit well with your country, because that seems like a part you are lacking.

Knicksballer
Still don't like your Brazil pick. Not a bad county, just took it too early. Outside of that you haven't done too bad. Henry Ford was a steal in the 7th and I like Garibaldi as a statesman. I don't particularly like the George Orwell pick, and actually am curious why you chose him (not that it is outlandishly bad, but there are several guys like him, so what made you do it).

blablabla
I don't know much about Prince Klemens von Metternich, but fck you for picking somebody with a name that long (I kid, I kid). Quick googling tells me his an Austrian so you will have to tell me more about him. Julius Caesar may be the steal of the draft where you got him. Kudos.

Iamgine
I like what you did with your team. A semi slow start has been followed up by solid picks across the board. Galileo was a great pick where you got him. I also like the combo of Friedman and Carnegie.

Here are my favorites so far. The gaps are very small still, so take that with a grain of salt.

Timmy D
zeN
Anti Hero
JailBlazers7
LamarOdom
blablabla
Celts Garlic
embersyc
iamgine
Knicksballer
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #371
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I pick Norman Borlaug
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #372
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I'm just laughing at the way Jailblazers royally fucked Anti-Hero's draft.

It's also shocking how late Caesar goes in this draft. One of the greatest generals and one of the greatest statesmen, a combination which puts him in very exclusive company.
Whoah...when this sh*t get so serious?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #373
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Nicely done TSK, thank you again!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #374
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
Nicely done TSK, thank you again!
Happy to do it. Even learning about a few people.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #375
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Knickballers on the clock
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: